Your thoughts on my new cAlgo bot? +$2,222 profit in 3 weeks

Compared to the previous trading week, when EURJPY was profitable by $232. Overall profit the previous week was $1,029

EURJPY was not profitable this week. It went on a long buy run starting Monday until Thursday and resulted in a loss of -$1K. This week overall though, the bot was able to absorb the EURJPY loss and still profited by $232.

What was the starting capital? And before the 1k loss?

Starting capital I’ve tested it on is $5K. On the first day of running the bot, the drawdown went to about 42%. It has since managed to keep the drawdown lower than that ever since.

Tweaked my Sufi Bot’s settings and backtested it on AUDCAD from as far back as CTrader allows with a starting date of February 1, 2014 - May 29, 2020.

Total Profit: $59,193
Starting Equity: $5,000

Wiped out!

1 Like

Show myfxbook

Wow!!! That is a pity!

1 Like

Interesting, I was thinking about bots the other day specifically programed based on ATR.

I was also thinking about a program that will put on multiple positions both long and short within the bounds of ATR.

impressive the dynamic nature you have programmed into it.

Would be interesting to do a post-mortem as to which thing or things wiped you out.

Thinking it would be possible to somehow program an emergency eject where all trades are immediately closed. Or a warning notification based on drawdown or perhaps percent of positions held in relation to SSI, the buy sell ratio and maybe strong weak analysis.

The other thing to consider is run the bot up to 5,000 or specified amount and continue to withdraw money that would be used in higher time frame trading.

Those are impressive results.

KC

My bot is programmed to make a maximum of 10 position modifications and it used up all that during that long run by one of the pairs it was trading. I just need to make some adjustments to it. I’m running it again on another demo account now. The change I made is I added 2 more pairs to trade. This (in my thinking) would help diffuse the impact of a pair or two, trending against me for a long period of time.

1 Like

Let us know how the progress goes :slight_smile:

Are you programming in the mt4 resident language?

Don’t know what that’s called.

KC

One other approach [quote=“tradeforex077, post:47, topic:310017, full:true”]
Show myfxbook
[/quote]
Here’s the myfxbook of the new demo account I’m running the bot on. Please don’t mind the draw down because that happened before I started running the bot on this demo account, which I was using to do manual trading. The bot was started only last June 3, 2020. As you can see, the draw down from then is very low. It has made $2,800 this month Rumi Bot V2 System by thesufitrader | Myfxbook

Something going on here but i havent worked it out. I’m not used to myfxbook.

Anyway simple thing is average win 10 pips, average loss 22 pips. Not a good ratio.

With an 83% win rate and total trades taken at over 20,000 that ratio is not an issue as shown by the actual profit achieved which now at $2,900 so far this month since starting the bot last June 3, 2020

I’ve added a new indicator (ADX) to signal entry and double positioning. I changed the ATR setting for taking profit. I’ve also changed the timeframe from 5 minutes to trading the 1 hour chart. So far, so good with the backtesting results for AUDCAD. +100% profit in 12 months.

Now up by +200% after 2 years worth of backtesting. Still going strong. You can see the equity chart is also quite lovely as it shows a steady increase in equity, with manageable draw down.

1 Like

3 years (Feb 1, 2014 - Feb 1, 2017) of back testing and the bot is still profitable. Showing a steady average of +100% profit each year.

Now up to 4 years of back testing and still steadily averaging +100% profit year on year.

Only +50% profit was achieved on the 5th year of back testing (Year 2018).

Trust me, man, This is looking great. But I don’t really go with bots.