Your thoughts on my new cAlgo bot? +$2,222 profit in 3 weeks

Finished the back testing. Take a good look at the total losing trades. It did not lose a single trade. 100% win rate! Looks like we have a winner!

Start date: February 1, 2014
End date: June 25, 2020
Total Profit: $22,765
Total Equity Increase: +455%
Total Trades: 1,047
Total Winning Trades: 1,047
Total Losing Trades: 0
Maximum Equity Drawdown: 39%

Changing the time frame from 5 minutes to 1 hour, adding the ADX indicator to signal when to enter and modify positions and limiting the total number of open positions allowed simultaneously, made a world of difference.

1 Like

The bot is no different from myself, since it will only trade in a way that I will trade manually. So I can’t say “I don’t go with my bot”, since it is just still me, trading automatically and without emotions

1 Like

That’s a good approach. I always like trying different strategies. Getting much information from this thread on bots. Keep sharing :slight_smile:

I backtested it again but now, I did it for the daily chart. I lowered the starting equity from $5K to only $2K to see if it will survive and not get wiped out when starting with a lower capital. Although it did have a scare once when the drawdown went over 90% and almost got wiped out, it survived and did even more amazing! Profit was +901% Backtesting parameters and results including screenshots below;

Start Date: March 1, 2014
End Date: June 27, 2020
Starting Equity: $2,000
Ending Equity: $20,023
Net Profit: $19,183
Total Trades: 158
Winning Trades: 158
Losing Trades: 0

1 Like

A fellow fx trader friend (who just successfully developed and thoroughly backtested his own bot as well) helped me by adding a Net Loss Close function to my bot. This will now allow me to clearly see if my bot would get wiped out if I had started running it at any given day/month throughout the entire backtesting period (March 2014 - June 2020). Tremendous help in fine tuning my bot to ensure that it really works and not just lucky because I happen to start running it at a particular day/month.

This screenshot shows when EURUSD would have wiped out if I had started my bot on May 2014. So now I need to find the correct combination of parameters and indicators until my bot does not get wiped out even once until the entire backtest is completed.

can u share this ea? or setting?