Your Unpopular opinion

Hello there!
I hope you all are doing great!
I was reading a topic today, and I wanted to create a topic regarding that!
Let’s talk about our unpopular opinions in the forex market; it doesn’t matter in which area it is! Just think about it and write it down!
Mine? USDJPY is way better to trade than EURUSD!
(Margaret is sitting here and waiting for possible fights here :rofl: )
Best Luck/

3 Likes

I dont have any but im sure flamingo will comment: mt4 and mt5 are not good platforms :smiley:

1 Like

Hope you’re doing fantastic too. Let’s dive into unpopular opinions in the market and get those keyboards fired up! So, here’s mine: I believe trading forex while wearing a lucky pair of socks guarantees success! Now, don’t start a sock war, folks! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

MT5 is far superior in all aspects.

1 Like

No. They both suck. CTrader is so so so much better. I’m still using MT5 but will change when I can be bothered.

Another unpopular opinion… you won’t make millions doing this

CTrader takes so much space and volume than any of the MTs, while not go for easy-go platforms.

1 Like

Yes USDJPY is way better to trade than EURUSD, but EURUSD is much more way better to trade than USDJPY;

now i got you at that yikes. :smiley:

2 Likes

Training is good value for money.

While fundamental trading can be a good and helpful option it is overrated!
I used to think about it a lot (especially here and about gold) and finally I got the point that the market is already efficient and most fundamental information is priced in! The websites may be checked for significant news, but overall, they are not that helpful at the moment.
(My unpopular opinion)

2 Likes

Trading is the hardest job in the world!
I don’t know if it is a popular one or an unpopular one but it is.

Trading is tough! It’s a demanding job that requires knowledge, skills, and nerves of steel. I can get where you are coming from but honestly, hardest job ???

1 Like

My unpopular opinion? Well…

It is much more efficient, healthy and quicker for most retail traders to withdraw their equity and pour it down the drain than to agonisingly watch it slowly drip-feed into your broker’s pocket… Well you did ask! :wink: :innocent:

PS I am not sure I really believe my opinion here but the lowsy success rate figures do suggest something of the kind!

OK, here is mine…
After lots of statistical analysis I can confirm that all of the currency pairs follow a “random walk” and are not predictable at all. This means all of the indicators that use historical data (basically all of them) do not help as nothing can predict the way the pairs are going to go. This is why all indicators and systems win some and lose some. It is also why all systems are accurate for a while as their calculations line up with the random nature of the charts. This is also why money management is so important as it is one of the few areas we can control.

1 Like

I’ve been following some threads here that trade USDJPY a lot and I kinda agree!!!

But I think MT4 is a way much faster. In another talk I heard people switched to Mt4 coz it was faster. I am not sure

whether an opinion is popular/unpopular, perhaps especially in trading, depends to a huge degree on context and location

anyway, in the spirit of the thread, i offer two unpopular opinions

the first, below, is doubtless pretty unpopular and maybe even unwelcome here (and would be, maybe, at ForexFactory as well) for quite a few different reasons, but it’s so widely accepted and universally agreed on anywhere else in the trading world that it’s not only completely “popular” but also so generally accepted that it’s not even worth discussing at all anywhere else

and most of the second, below, technically, isn’t really “opinion” at all: it’s just a factual statement

firstly, MT4 is absolutely the world’s worst trading platform, it’s horrible, it’s clunky, it’s unreliable, it displays indicators incorrectly, it’s laughably bad, and it’s also a substantial part of the reason why such a very high proportion of people taking up trading never achieve any success at all worth talking about

secondly, the party that the great majority of people trading spot forex think of as “their broker” actually isn’t a broker at all, according to any sensible or reasonable definition of the word … and this is actually a far, far more significant issue than people realise when they’re part of what seems to them to be a widespread community nearly all of whom collude and agree, mistakenly think of them as “brokers” and both discuss them and deal with them as if they actually were

there you are: i told you they’d be “unpopular” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

PS: and i’m editing this post (the next day) to add that i’ve just said more about my second unpopular opinion HERE

2 Likes

Hello,
I say forex trading systems and robots are not a magic solution.