Youtube algorithm driving me nuts suggesting clickbait forex videos

I did some research on youtube. I couldn’t understand a topic so I thought I’d find a video. I stumbled across ONE person on youtube. I don’t follow him religiously but I watch it occasionally. But now youtube just splattered my recommendations with I MADE 5,000 in 5 MIN TRADING SECRETS NO ONE KNOWS HERE’S WHY TRADERS LOSE THEIR MONEY! 7 MISTAKES YOU NEED TO CHANGE RIGHT NOW

I’m really upset with this kindof content, now I have no idea how to distinguish between ■■■■■■■■ stuff and authentic good quality stuff. Why is the internet full of such hungry people who will do anything for views or popularity? It all sounds fake, and I’m not going to go through each one of them. But srsly, this algorithm can be a pain, you watch one or two videos and you get bombarded by stupidity.

1 Like

I agree 100% with your view. It is a new pandemic across all sectors including professionals. I only watch cats and dogs videos especially mirror pranks. That keeps me sane away from money grabbers of new crowded market stalls.

thank you, at least someone out there gets it

Youtube and other resources - including written articles - are all polluted with shysters.
It has become a wild phenomenon that is very hard to curb.

Thank you, @coffee-and-danish for opening this thread as it relates directly to the topic of choice of my academic research.

While the dissertation is slowly being produced and its research part is still in its infancy (currently formulating the questionnaire for dissemination), your response to the misinformation you stumbled on YouTube is exactly the type of response that will yield results on the perception of the individual and the action taken, whether to heed the misleading advice or steer clear of such and learning how to spot them and avoid them.

I look forward to more interaction in this regard as we can then see how it affects those who are still learning the vast disciplines of trading and investing.

Thank you once again, @coffee-and-danish

One could call this the dark side of Forex…

Indeed. Its roots have pierced all facets of trading and investing (stock advice, manipulative media etc)

Nice, I’ll do it soon!