Zulu Trade-Signal provider trading journal

the live zulutrade account right? the one you were doing the paperwork for last week?

I had an interesting day today too. I’ve learned where to check out whether your broker or dealer is registered. Then at least there is some measure of safety for the investor. I also learned what a market maker is and how they differ from a registered broker.
But you guys are way ahead of me - so this is probably old hat to you.
Reading your thread gkawa - I’m assuming that you were practising on the demo package and are about to trade your own account live - or are you in the process of moving from one broker to another?

same broker, just other type of account- from demo to live …he is switching accounts as live ones are more thrustworthy among the zulutrade followers.
man, you still need to read quite a bunch and practice quite a bunch before going out trading manually (hope you save yourself the trouble and money lsot and go straight to auto-trading and zulutrade, but don;t wont to influence you, do as you like;)

Eddy is right! I am already trading live for many years and I am just moving my live account over to MT4 so I can link Zulu to my current broker. The platform I am trading live from doesn’t allow it to be linked. I am started to get frustrated with Gain because I keep getting the response my paperwork is being processed. I will still keep trading two live accounts, just my account linking zulu will be a lower amount because I dont like the fact they have access to my account username and password.

Its a process and you should take it one day at a time. I wanted to auto trade thru zulu like eddy but when looking thru many of the providers I mostly see large draw downs. I cannot stomach the idea of being down 100-300 pips and waiting for trades to retrace back to a small loss or profit. I would like to keep my hard stops at a small loss and keep my gains larger. Ranking on zulu seems to be based profitable pips as major criteria and I dont see the point in taking 5 trades on the same pair at any given time. I then extend my risk 5 times on any given trade. Signal providers on ZULU make more by trading more because of commissions but I have my own live account at risk and the goal is to keep making a steady income for myself and eventually my followers. I just need to show proof and credibility to everyone this is possible.

Good for u gkawa. - Sounds like you’re a staunch keeper of the money management principles. I have a mentor, his name is Dan uses the id airelon. That’s what he keeps pounding into us. Use your money management principles, be aware of your psychological status, have lots of patience, make pips, keep pips and repeat.

well, there is always a away to protect your equity against adverse dd - zuluguard is the most common, but should you wish to dig deeper, go to advanced settings and choose per lot per currency pairs, per trader you can follow straight, or reverse the trades. there are so many options that you can manage yor account with, you can play all day long. :57:

The psych caught up with me last night making error after error. Now i am down 3.5% of my account on zulu and the Worst part is my first intuition was always right. Eyes: Look, price action is breaking out of consolidation I can get a good price Brain: Dont be dumb, wait for confirmation. Trading can be so challenging but if it was that easy, I would get extremely bored and have done something else with my life. :))

Are you a follower or a trader on zulutrade?

I am a live trader thru my Gft dealbook and Demo on Zulu. My live account with gft is still up 4% for the month of january far below my monthly goals. Unfortunately I am still placing trades twice, on my zulu and my live account. What kind of monthly returns are you averaging as a zulu follower? As soon as a portion of my monies is transferred to a mt4 account, I may also start another account as a follower.

Cannot believe I was away with friends and missed the initial long signal on the Pound. Now I need to wait for a FIb retracement to enter. :frowning:

right i forgot you are still doing the paper work to open a live account…and placing trades on zulu manually. i am sure ones thisi s settled things will be different and much easier.
well, as a follower im am sure returns are much lowers as you try to protect your equity, anyhow there are tools followers use to protect themselves. monthly returns are kinda tricky due to seasonality - but lets say that last week I manage to have a little bit higher than 100% returns on my initital account.

You doubled your account in one week? Which signal providers are you following?

i ment for a year…but apparently slipped my mind when typing…
due to the monthly seasonality (ups and downs) i am giving you the yearly returns.

Those are some excellent returns. Much better then any mutual fund. I use to dream I could double my account every month but that’s nearly impossible

Last night I missed the initial long opportunity on the pound and like I stated earlier I waited for a fibonacci retracement to enter. Good for some positive pips

You may still be able to realize that dream, you just need to be at the right place, at the right time, with the right people.
Keep the faith, my friend. May the pip force be with you.

you too! I am following your thread and keeping an eye on your progress. Its interesting at times we may take the same trades or be complete opposites. In the end I wish you much success on ZULU. BTW great start to your zulu account.

I noticed I been trading my demo account continuously without any regard because its a demo account taking trades tonight I dont normally take on my live account. So what I will do from now is wait for my live mt4 acct to be set up with gain capital. I am starting to get frustrated with the process taking so long. I hope you dont mind but when my account is set up I will set up another zulu because only then will it be a true reflection of my live trading. With demos I always want to try new things ie: false trendline breakouts, trading news, and most importantly bringing back the bad habits. I will keep this journal open and update you when everything is completed. Its hard to be held accountable when this doesnt feel right. Also because I profited on the gbp yen 30 pips on my live account as being the only trade of the night and losing my arse on my demo with zulu.

perfect…new zulutrader :wink: welcome to the community!!!
so hows your account going on? who are you following?