Zulu Trade-Signal provider trading journal

You are totally right. Some people are gambling money away on zulu. If he was trading a real live account would it he be trading any differently. More then likely. BTW I changed brokers to FXDD and I now have a live account Linked to ZULU. Over the weekend I will post the new link. Theres not very many traders in the top 100 who are trading their live accounts and linked to ZULU. Why is that?

As I promised, these are my trading results with qurenix.

Well, so far I’m still in profit. My equity was $ 1,000 and after one week with 0.03 lots I made about 5% profit with qurenix. I hope he can maintain this kinda result in the future.

You probably had the right provider this week. Unfortunately the providers I followed thought the dollar was strengthening. You win some and lose some

Yes, probably. But I try to keep on searching for other alternatives as backup. Once my current signal provider can’t give good result then I will be ready to switch to other selection. Hopefully, this strategy will work.

By the way, how’s the slippage of using zulutrade with FXDD? why would you change your broker? would you mind to share the reason?

Main reason was to link a live Signal provider account to Zulu. According to everyone here this will show more credibility that a trader is managing his real account. I now have two live accounts which includes one to follow traders and a signal provider account. UNfortunately I cannot link my current sp acct and zulu stated I had to start a new one.

I haven’t experienced any noticeable slippage but this was my first week with FXDD However I am just trying them out with with a portion of my real account. FXDD is offering a credit to your account up to 250 recently which I recently took advantage of.

[B]Found this on another blog from another zulu trader nosebleedfx.[/B]

I use Zulutrade and want to help others find the right Signal Provider! =)

Hi, I am very happy with Zulutrade and would like to share my method of choosing the best SP

I would use the advanced search and set the following parameters:

Running weeks = 8 - 300
Average pips = 10 - 40
MaxDD% = 0% - 20%
Win % = 85% - 100%

Here’s my explanation for the following:
Running weeks: This tells you how many weeks the trader been trading on Zulutarde. I set this from 8 - 300 because I want to eliminate any SP who has only been out for less than 2 months. A lot of new SP’s enter Zulutrade with aggressive trading.Due to their heavy trading, a few of them enter the top 100 whether they are lucky or skilled. Most of the time, it’s because they are lucky. I have encountered those before and it’s a headache. If you want to be more on the safe side, you could set this parameter from 12 - 300 weeks.
Personally, I am fine if they survived pass the 2 months with consistent profit.

Average Pips: This is the average amount of pips a SP gets for every trade. I set this from 10 - 40 because I like to have my pips secured from day to day. Anything higher than that would mean the SP is a long term trader instead of a day trader. When a long term trader opens a trade, their take profit is 100 pips or more. Sometimes the trade is so good that it closes in one day. Most of the time, the trade can last over a day or even over a week. The profit can go to 70 then down to -50 and then up again. Pip roller-coasters are not for me. I want to know that my pips are secured everyday. Anything lower than 10, the SP is making tiny profits too small for my liking as a big lost would wipe out all the profits.

Max DD%: This is the amount of drawdown an SP takes. In other words, it’s the average percentage of pips that goes negative during the lifetime of the SP. The higher the Max DD % is, the more dangerous the trader is. Top traders have their drawdown to about 20% or less.

Win %: This is the most important parameter I think. This doesn’t exactly show how well a trader is doing because a trader can have a lot of small wins and a few account-wiping loses, but this parameter lets me know that the trader is consistent. This also lets me use my calculator to see how much profit I will make in the upcoming months (go to choosing lot size to download my calculator). FYI, the Max DD % parameter should eliminate all the traders that gain small and lose big.

Max Open Trade: (Only on app) This is the max amount of trades that the SP has open throughout their lifetime on Zulutrade. This is somewhat of my preference. You can input 1-10 or even 1-2. I say somewhat because I have seen SP abuse the amount of trades they open just to be ranked higher or just to look like they are making a lot of profit by opening multiple same trades. So SP with fewer trades show more potential because they got their rank off of skilled trading. Other times, SP’s open an insane amount of trades (20+) because that’s their strategy and most of time, their strategy is that if a trade goes bad they don’t close it and wait it out until it goes positive, which may take anywhere from a week to a few months. Keep in mind that Zulutrade has a default stop loss at 500 pips unless you set it yourself! Overall, I like fewer trades.

You can also go to my google site for further guidelines:
https://sites.google.com/site/zulutradeguide/home

I also provide Excel Calculators that can calculate how much money you should risk as well as what lot size you should use.
I also have a calculator that projects how much profit you will make with different Signal Providers! =)
Please check out my site!

Read more: 301 Moved Permanently

hey there, so which exactly is the name of your zulutrade account?
you seemed to be quite profitable, so would like to follow you…

Totally agree with this!

it is not that they are gambling money i think it more has to do with the type of trading that comes from smaller accounts (both followers and traders ) that distort somewhat the idea of how this works.
Zulutrade is an excellent excellent platform and service !!
So, guys, who are you following these days?

Hey Eddy

I still have the Ohana Wealth Investor link which I am unsure if i will trade anymore. I am still working on my live account more so and I will gladly post the Zulu link soon. I decided to not follow any signal providers on my own because I would lose control of stops and I did lose money following some of the top providers. What I thought were good traders would enter prior to news and would hold thru 100-500 pips losses. I honestly believe these type of traders are basing their trades off luck more then anything. I thought i would give it a try and found out its not for me.

why cant we find traders like this automated bot trader. Real resullts, excellent risk reward ratio, and profit factor over 3. If someone on zulu can achieve all of this, he will definately be on top.

Vergil_Bot Strategy | Myfxbook

FX book is planning on taking over the auto trading world. :slight_smile: Zulu should change their volume based commissions paid out to Signal providers who are trading their own live accounts, eliminate those who accumulate large drawdowns and only keep the profitable ones. I still believe in Zulu and I know with a few tweaks they will continue to be #1. When you read FX-book’s FAQ, I want all of you to take a few minutes and ponder about some of the providers you are currently following.

AutoTrade - The Best Forex Trade Mirroring Service | Automated Trading | Myfxbook

Here you go guys

Started trading my Demo account along with my live mt4 account.

ZuluTrade - Trader Performance - Ohana Wealth Investor

Also, I will provide a link to my live linked account. If you get a chance book mark either account and hopefully I can rank up quickly.

Live Account, Real money, Conservative Trading, low Drawdowns.

ZuluTrade - Trader Performance - FX_TIGER22

I will trade my demo and live account simultaneously at the same time. However my demo will be a little more risky since I will be placing more then one trade targeting different profit targets. Not more then 2 trades at a time.

Remember its always not about winning percentage or ranking, its all about low drawdowns along with steady PROFITS.

because his Timeframe is one minute and scalpers are not allowed on zulutrade - for various reasons. and look at his last trade:
02.08.2011 11:01 02.08.2011 11:01 EURUSD Buy 50.00 1.36345 1.36394 1.36363 1.36345 -1.8 -900.00
seariously there are no zulutrade accounts followers that can handle that much of DD!!

thanks for posting the links! :slight_smile:
btw, how exactly do you think we should follow your demo vs. your live account.

More then likely both accounts will be traded the same. Just the demo account was started much earlier and it’s so hard to let go. :)… Live account does take priority with order flow.

Tonight the euro was so choppy, almost impossible to trade. Congrats to those who scalped it for minimal gains. Was able to keep losses to minimum.

right right!!
well there was a lot of things going on over the past days in europe, almost unbearable with Cyprus and all, so it is not enough when it comes to trading straight…
well if the EUR doesnt pick up, what is the currency you hedge in with?

Glad to see you up on Zulu. I am new to ForEx and started reading your thread from the beginning and you sound very different from many of the Top Zulu traders. i.e. actually putting some thought into your trades.

I have been watching the 3 signal providers I follow pretty closely and I do not see any rhyme or reason behind their trades. Their entries seem pretty random and it appears that their strategy is to ride out the negative pip trades as long as they need to for them to turn positive.

I am following both of your zulu accounts. I hope you have great success.

Just following my system. Some nights the forex market moves and some nights it will just stay in a range. Just gotta keep losses small when this happens and not gamble money away. I draw alot of fibs on my charts within the bigger and smaller trends. The british pound moved but when trading theres no guarantee. Are your providers doing doing well? I see Kama and Saved moving down the ladder with all the accumulated drawdowns as of late.