Zulu Trade-Signal provider trading journal

WVU

I appreciate you being my first follower. I will do my best to not let you down. As of right now I will limit the amount of risk per trade and only trade once per signal. Please dont get frustrated that I dont trade every single night if I dont see anything because I am also risking my own capital and I hate losing. I want everything to be aligned prior to firing off a trade. Winning percentage is not as important as you will notice on both of my accounts. We will still make money regardless.

I totally agree with the Random entries on the three signal providers you’re closely following. I gave it a try myself but when i saw trades executed prior to important news events with no stop loss in place, and Martingale Strategies used, I quickly closed that account and decided to concentrate on my own style of trading. Lets work together and achieve steady profits for years to come. If you have any questions you can also ask me and I will answer you in a timely manner. The communication lines are always open.

I’m not worried about win percentages, just good trading strategy with an overall positive outcome. I dumped the other signal providers that were on the top of the list and added both your accounts and 2 others that had low down draws (basically did a search using the criteria that you posted on page 15) I was really disappointed when I got charged commission on my own trades (trying to offset the dumb/crazy/random trade entered into by the signal providers)

Actually glad to hear that you may not enter trades every night. I’ll be with you for awhile, I hope. :smiley:

WVU

Glad to hear I was of some help. Wasn’t sure if I my posts go un noticed. I do get a ton of views and even if I dont get any subscribers, I would like to keep this thread going to help newbies and seasoned traders.

Update: Last night I was able to achieve 27 pips however the pair i did trade dropped another 100 pips. Decided to enter only one trade but eventually I will enter two to maximize profit potential. My ranking improved but not much and i still question zulus ranking importance on winning percentage. I can also achieve more profits with lower drawdowns then most however I still rank up slower. I could enter more then 3 trades like the top ten but by risking my own capital I see no sense in any of this. Two trades max sounds reasonable

Wvu

Is there any way you can trade a micro account VS a mini account. I would much prefer if you only risk 3-4 micro lots which would be at a risk of 2% per trade granted my stop is set now at 20-30 pips depending on prior high or low. Also If you could just follow one of my accounts with real money instead of two. Essentially they will both be trading the same. Just looking out for you my friend. If you ever need help with risk adjustments to current balance, please let me know. This is one of the most important factors to any type of trading. Day, swing, or long term. It doesnt matter.

I have both your account set to micro with 2-3 maximum trades each. I have 3 other new signal providers that I added but so far only 1 of them has made a trade. And with that trade, I bumped up the stop loss once it was profitable. Since I really don’t know anything about his trading strategy or the other 2 for that matter, I like to lock in the profits when I see them.

Based on your feedback here, I am more comfortable with your trading strategy and your understanding of capital protection, so I am probably going to follow both accounts. My Zulu account is very small and if it completely busts I am not using money that I need to pay the rent or make a car payment.

WVu

Glad to know you set micro lots instead of minis to control the risk on both accounts. Tonight it really looks as if there will be no trades taken. The euro looks to be at a minor support level after news was released. However there was just a drastic downturn recently. My analysis is currently mixed as to which direction this pair will go I will not risk my own capital, neither will I risk yours as my follower. Staying in cash is always a position. :slight_smile: I will be watching for a few more hours and to see if I get any signals.

that’s actually true! better stay in cash than actually get a high dd when you are not quite sure on the positions.
we will be following you as well :wink:

Yep Eddy it was a complete reversal. Hindsight is always 2020. Reading the market is already difficult as it is.

right right!!

how are things going on today?

Entered short on euro yen and noticed my spread widening to 10 pips on FXDD. The other broker Alpari I noticed the spread is fixed 3-4 pips. This is ridiculous because theres no major news events. I may get stopped out for 20 pips soon but its not good news at all trading with this broker. When I was with GFT or Gain I never experienced this issue on any trades. Its strange how after I was on chat with them the spread dropped to the normal 4 pips. It really makes me not trust this broker if they are manipulating the spreads to appease their own pocket books. Geez I may have to switch brokers for the third time in two months!!!

Well apparently the pair comes off a bit wierd when it comes to it.
Why are stuck on trading it?
i think you should do some variety - a liquid pair, a steady pair and exotic ones. I read somewhere that some zulu-trader actually was mastering it… :33:
check out this is comparative table in real time - maybe this will clear your head on which broker to use:
Spreads | Myfxbook

Took a 21 pip loss trading a thin market on a bank holiday. Live and learn till next time although I am still overall positive for the week. I will post my final results tomorrow. Its also time to change brokers once again

And you didnt know today’s a holiday - the Friday before Easter - a lot of brokerages i think are closed! but 21 pips is not a problem - not a big loss of course. Again change - remember how long you were waiting the previous time? which broker do you choose this time?

hey thanks for the info. This comes in real handy. I just noticed FXDD has one of the highest spreads on there. Aud usd looks to be over 10 pips vs the other brokers 4-5 pips spreads. I downloaded the alpari demo and did a comparison to FXDD. Noticed a huge difference in stability of spreads.

Wvu I apologize but I will be changing brokers. For the last five years I been with gft then gain capital. My current live account will no longer be traded. Once my account with alpari is set zulu informed me I will need to start a new live account. My demo will still be traded.

Eddy

Its better to stay on the sidelines and just when I do, the market will move like crazy. :slight_smile: just like the christmas holidays. Everyone said to not trade but december was one of my best months.

Oh man, that is not what I want to hear since I am using FXDD also. Hope this is just a one event.

No worries. I was originally thinking of using FXCM but their spreads were higher than everyone. Time to rethunk FXDD

WVU

Can you do me a big favor and only follow my fx tiger account. With My Ohana I would like to experiment and enter more trades to rank up to #1 and I dont want to increase your risk. Since Zulu calculates overall profitability I want try and work my way to top ten. The goal will be 300-500 pips a week. :slight_smile: I dont want anyone on babybpips to follow that particular account but I just want to prove how ridiculous the criteria ratings can be. Overall I know I am profitable and I will always treat my live account as the safest vehicle to trade.

That’s some really high levels to reach you have set out there, my friend!
you sure you can make 300-500 pips/week …really high high goals …hope they are realistic though.