Zulutrade, anyone use this service?

We shut down a couple of weeks back so the markets were open then, but won’t be up and running again until January 2nd. Quite soon another EA that we have in the works - a modified Slingshot - will be up and running as well on Zulu Trade. The strategy is an M30 EURUSD with standard slingshot (ie long bar where the new bar opens above/below the old then passes beyond the close of the previous bar in the direction of the trend; we buy in seeking a 4x TP/SL ratio, with the SL trailing stop and profit protection off the slow MA. The filter for the trend is gapping based on slow/fast MA). Backtests show long-run gain 5% per month and strategy only requires 20% trade win rate for b/e.

Ok. We are back up at motif101. Bring on 2012. New strategy description posted. Bring on the pips! :slight_smile:

If a trader is known by only one name and manages to double his LIVE account twice then I will bother looking at the rest of his stats :18:

Agreed. We’ve got the same Avatar on all our Zulu accounts for this reason. The names differ since the strategies differ. Will keep you posted on the doubling! The other threshold is materiality. If a millionaire doubles a $500 account this says nothing: they may not be prepared to place the same trades with ‘real’ money.

Btw your post on ‘space’ was sweet. Motif101 uses those sorts of concepts to manage open positions. Merry Xmas!

hey elegy400 are you back on the trading path?

I am waiting for your signal … :slight_smile:

Hi, yes, back indeed. Motif101 up a little already for 2012. We’re about to change the EA over from the demo account which is currently sending signals at Zulutrade to a live account - something which will show up on the Zulutrade website once done. The EA has been consistently profitable every month for 3 months live forward testing now on several accounts and two brokers and performing as the backtests suggested. But generally it gives more confidence to followers of trade signals if you can see that real $ are behind the trade signals - hence our move.

Technical note:
As we do the switch over the EA will lose a handful more trades than normal; the reason for this is that the constant hedging strategy means that it is rare for the EA to have no trades open and we have to cut the feed to Zulutrade to switch to the live signal account. Essentially what we will do is set short trailing SL’s on all the open trades. A number of trades which we would ordinarily therefore let ride to close will be closed abnormally early at a small loss. Since the objective is long term profit this is a necessary evil and won’t really dent the trajectory. But just so you know what is happening. You may as a result choose to wait until the EA is trading live $ before following on live $.

Good for you!!! I believe the switch to a live account signal is quite a must (however I am sure it also requires quite a protected capital requirement to be bonded with). You are really serious and I like you for that.

Thanks eddy mo. Absolutely agree - trading real $ shows belief in the trading strategy. The account is currently up ~30% in 2 months trading, consistent with backtests. We will take a ~0.5% to 1% hit to close the trades and reopen live. It sounds small but we hate losses!!! Especially unnecessary ones. So will manage the switch over the next few weeks to keep the costs down for all followers.

Next few days live $ will be up. Just cut the demo feed today and shut down. Check back in soon. 2k pips to date in 16 weeks. This rate we will make the top 100 soon :slight_smile:

Thanks for the support btw. And really, follow on demo only first. It’s a sweet strategy but you need to take time to understand what it is doing. Do check out the strategy description as there are some guidelines in there. Try backtest too.

OK!! thanks for the info. I have added you…

you were right…backtest results are really sweeet!! :wink: lets see the real-time what will show!:slight_smile:

TyeWfx --> thanks v much! I’m afraid there won’t be trade signals on Motif101 now; it turns out that because of the move to live we need to restart a new SP, ‘Motif102’ is born! Same strategy, just real $. It’s going to be a week or so before you start seeing trade signals, since there’s some unanticipated logistics that we need to get organised around connecting the account.

elegy400 -> no worries, I wait once you are done with all the testing. just let me know when you are done! I hope you gonna use the same strategy/s with the new one as with motif101?

Yep, nearly done. Motif102 will trade same strategy, live dollar account. Sadly they can’t link the Motif101 history of 2000pips won net in last 16 weeks :frowning:
Anyway, 16 weeks’ time we hope to have another 2,000 pips up this time real $.
We were trading the same strategy in parallel on two separate live accounts (which were not providing signals) and the results were the same. So no reason to think Motif102 won’t look just as good as 101.

Will post when 102 is running - should be Monday.

Perfect, so Monday it is :slight_smile:

no worries, it will show under the profile: " this provider is known also as: Motif01 and show the stats".
:cool::cool:

btw I as wondering(not that I would ever try manual trading) about the 24% pair correlation that is written on your page? maybe you can explain a bit more about it…

Back up with Motif101, rock’n’roll. More pairs, more punch. Same strategy.

Motif102 will have same strategy but live dollars trading - it’s only on it’s 11th trade now so won’t be followable for a week or so as Zulutrade won’t broadcast a SP until it has made 30 trades. Also motif102 will for the time being be on fewer pairs than 101 until the account balance builds.

may your trading path be fill of pips!!! Good luck and happy trading to you and myself :slight_smile:

Good luck bro. Be safe and lets all have a great year trading.

You’re never a loser until you quit trying.

Motif 102 is up too and truckin’

It’s a basket trade strategy. We will post some examples here since I think it’s an interesting way to trade - especially if you fear broker stop-hunting. For the record, I don’t worry about stop-hunting, but equally I don’t want to close a trade at an arbitrary SL if the trade thesis is still sound. There are others on this forum who trade in similar ways like SwordofManagement and possibly MoneyNvrSleeps.

Guys, finally the demo for US accounts includes avoid hedging option :wink: it was released couple of day ago, just wanted to share for those who have not managed to noticed it :wink:

Hi! i’m interested in your settings, i’ll make sure that if i have good ones i will do return. :23: