Zulutrade, anyone use this service?

What criteria do you use to select Signal Providers? What SL do you use? What level do you let the margin o call meter get to?
Thanks.

To choose providers, I make a deep analysis of his past trades:

[ol]
[li]First I analyze his drawdown history and set the stop loss according to that.
[/li][li]Then I analyze the historic concurrency of his trades
[/li][li]Then I calculate his mean R multiple, quality index and the SQN based on the stops and concurrency analysis
[/li][/ol]

I still use more additional filters (total number of real -non cheating- trades, days trading, behavior changes, global risk of a given currency, ā€¦). Generaly speaking, you simply cannot trust the statistics presented by ZuluTrade.

Doing all this I have a much more real view of a signal provider so I can have less surprises.

For example, GBP FUND has reported more than 68,000 pips since the beginning with a 98% winning trades and a 8% drawdown. Once I analyzed deeply his history, I realized that I could have made just 2,488, and I would have taken a very high risk for that as his trading quality is not as good as it seems.

Robinfx,

Thank you for your (promt) reply and information. Now I just have to learn what it all means! I am diligently studying the BabyPips School lessons and will soon be brilliantā€¦

Donā€™t bother with Zulu. Learn to trade yourself.

vosterfxandy,

Thank you for your reply. I must assume from your comment that you believe Zulu is a ā€œbother,ā€ but learning to trade successfully is not difficult. Is this correct?

There are perhaps 2000 Signal Providers on ZuluTrade. Certainly one or more has become proficient at tradingā€¦ given the ease with which this may be accomplished?

Why then should I not avail myself of their expertise? There is after all no charge to do so, if I understand ZuluTradeā€™s concept.
Is not my time better spent learning to identify a talented Signal Provider than in learning to trade FOREX myself?

I welcome comments from all.

I find zulutrade a useful tool, especially to those that start learning forex.
You do not need to open a live account to understand this or spend a fortune.
By studying the behavior of signal providers you can learn many things. How from success you can loose everything and how from small capital and with the correct strategy you can benefit.
And to those that say they know how to trade forex, I suggest to try to open a provider account with zulu so the rest of us can also benefit from their experience :wink:

To choose providers, I make a deep analysis of his past trades:

1. First I analyze his drawdown history and set the stop loss according to that.
  2. Then I analyze the historic concurrency of his trades
  3. Then I calculate his mean R multiple, quality index and the SQN based on the stops and concurrency analysis

I still use more additional filters (total number of real -non cheating- trades, days trading, behavior changes, global risk of a given currency, ā€¦). Generaly speaking, you simply cannot trust the statistics presented by ZuluTrade.

This sounds very interesting! Could you give some examples for a certain provider? Maybe some screen shots as well?

I think he means to check each trade, how low he is letting the trade go, and then set a stop value accordingly. Eg. if he lets a trade go down -500pips, then set a stop value around 150 pips.
For the third one, Im not sure I understand eitherā€¦

Good day.

Iā€™m Isabelle, I live in Poland. I have been trading forex for a year. Using a pair of GBPJPY, GBPUSD and EURUSD. Recently established my first SP in [B]Zulu[/B]. Would like the forum users have tried, did analysis and wrote their opinions.

Hereā€™s the name of provider:[B]PROFITFIBO[/B]

Some stats:

Profit: [B]12,149 pips[/B]
Trades: [B]166[/B]
Winning trades: [B]165 (99%)[/B]
Average pips/trade: [B]73.0[/B]
Maximum drawdown: [B]12%[/B]
Worst Trade: [B]-97 pips[/B]

Best regards, Isabelle.

Its nice to see a provider here that we can communicate!
First of all, I like your stats, but for someone to trust you, I think you need to prove that you can maintain this performance, cause 2 weeks trading is just too little.
Ive noticed that you use a stop value, but you do not use a limit! Many of your trades reached +140 pips and you didnt close them, which means that you dont use a limit AND you dont watch your trades.
I will put you on a demo account though to see how you go :wink:

It seems they ve made demo accounts fully customizable!
Ive opened a new demo today to test some providers and I could set my account size, currency traded and leverage! Finally! :slight_smile:

Thats the coolest thing they did for long time now! I can test providers exactly as I want now :):):):slight_smile:

Please do calm down.

Itā€™s merely a smokescreen.

Much better to learn urself.

hi, i am also a signal provider on zulutrade if you have any questions just ask me, i have a simple strategy with 30 pip stop loss and limits every time. Been running for about 4 weeks and i am in profit :slight_smile:
i cant post links as ive never posted only ever read, but my signal name on there is SENSIBLEGAINS

im not the best, but i am profitable :smiley:

Sorry, but do you work for Zulu?

Well if he is a signal provider, then technically he is getting commission from zulu.
As for learning myself, I do know things about forex, but I dont have the time to trade myself, so I found zulu a good solution to trade forex :wink:

I think there are quite a few good signals provider but also a lot not good (not to call them scams). So it is important and difficult to filter the good ones from the bad ones. Anybody can recommen a godd system on zulutrade?

I wouldnā€™t say Zulu is a scam, thatā€™s quite harsh. But that doesnā€™t mean scammers might not use Zulu.

Hello,

if Zulu is not a scam, so give just one good signal provider over there. I was testing like 15 signal proiders with the best systems low DD and nice progression line and always results was diferent than in statements they show. I was always losing money not winning. Is there anywhere some reliable signal provider?

Pick only providers that trade from a live account, the ones with the green $ not the ones with the blue $
Systemsfx is pretty good imo, he sets a stop loss value, but sometimes he is not very careful to close a trade when it is winning. So you can limit him to 2-3 trades at a time.
Dont even bother with the providers that dont set a stop loss, you can easily see that in their trade history. Eg, flyonthewall has trades that reached -500 before going positive again, so avoid these kind of providers.