ZuluTrade Excel Optimisation and Data Analysis

Hi Guys,

I’ve been working on an Excel spreadsheet for analysing traders performance on ZuluTrade’s trade signals. On ZuluTrade you can download all of a traders historical data - to let you perform a more thorough / in depth analysis on your own. To that end, I have been working on the attached excel spreadsheet, most of the columns and calculations are pretty self explanatory. The main thing I have been working on is the optimal take profit for many traders dependant on their currency pairs traded. For traders who do basket trading, I have often isolated some of their trades for less than efficient pairs that either they or an EA does poorly on.

Then either removing those currency pairs or choosing a more optimal take profit - usually ~2 pips from the average high calculated using this excel sheet. Doing so typically has resulted in approximately 10 - 20% higher ROI for basket traders, around 5 - 15% for traders with medium diversity of currency pairs and 5 - 10% for mostly single currency pair traders. In the case of my guinea pig / trader whom I was working the data (High Profit Factor /trader/22549)
when using the period of ALL I ended up with 15.9% higher ROI than with no TP or SL, as attached. Additionally, I got an average of .74 pips as opposed to .56 when left blank. On all my traders I allow their max trades at 3 and max trades per currency as 2 - to minimise over-investment in one trader and currency pair. I am hopeful that ZuluTrade implements a global maximum of traders per currency pair eventually…

Most of my valuation is average pips per hour - if it’s <.1 - <.2 then I often ban that currency pair (attached). When put to all my traders you can see a fairly high rise in overall ROI, and the average pips per trade is .530 from .436 without TP, and far less trades executed.

Anyway, please have a look over the spreadsheet, let me know any reccomendations, further significant stats for consideration. We are not yet confident in what the optimal stop loss should be. Any help in this area in particular would be much appreciated.

We look forward to using this system with real money but at the moment we are just running it on a demo acct. So use it at your own risk and do your own due diligence.

Regards

n.b. If you wish to put this for another trader, simply copy column O -> CC from this spreadsheet and paste into column O into any exported trader history. I have also included the same spreadsheet calculations for the current no.1 trader, Hihoforex.

Document Downloads:

Forum post.zip (1.56 MB)

Screenshot Example:

Ohhhh, so this is the spreadsheet you were talking about…let me analyze it and come back to you.
Interesting approach, quite interesting !!! :slight_smile:

Hi Eddy,

I’ve been editing further, I should have a new version up with more analysis and better inferential statistics soon :slight_smile:

Sure sure take your time! I am more than positive it takes some time researching and analysing on these traders.
who btw are you looking at right now?

Nice work Ixian! Thank you for sharing. Have you tried using the “offset” feature on Zulu? I think it’s great and it can greatly improve one’s returns.
I made a spreadsheet that finds the optimum offset level to return the highest total P/L (measured in pips). Just download the trader’s data and copy paste the last 500 trades into the spreadsheet. Check this out… in the example analysis of trader ZEROSTRESS, entering trades when the trader’s position reaches -6 pips would net a total 40% increase in total pips, and results in an average of 14.4 pips profit per trade rather than 4.6 pips per trade.
Of course we would miss out on any position that has a drawdown of less than -6 pips… but the median DD is -19 pips, so we are still entering most of the trader’s positions.
Sooner or later I will work on finding the optimum SL in conjunction with optimum DD offset, but the math is tricky.
Check out the screenshot. I’d like to start a thread on this but I guess I’m not allowed to start threads yet.

Really interesting approch, it looks pretty intersting even not have read it yet.

Any trader you recommend at ZuluTrade?

The market doesn’t stop and that’s what we get to make profits from. You should not forget that it takes time to analyse the market and make decisions accordingly. Just remember that there is no point in rushing things. You have to stay calm and patient to be able to make the best for you.