ATR (11) with MA (21)
ADX (14)

Trade rules:

BUY:

Entry:

1. ADX Is Over 25
  2. ATR is above MA
  3. +DI crosses -DI
  4. SL = Last candles low + 2 pips if SL would be below 10 pips use 15 pips as SL

Exit:

1. Close When TP hits 20 pips

SELL:

Entry:

1. ADX Is Over 25
  2. ATR is below MA
  3. -DI crosses +DI
  4. SL = Last candles high - 2 pips if SL would be below 10 pips use 15 pips as SL

Exit:

Work time:

Start at : 8:00 GMT +0 (London opens)
End: 21:00 GMT +0 (NY closes)

I`m looking for people who can code this system , what i could back test it in lots of different periods.

I had back tested it by hand , last month on M5 chart was:
30 Trades
12 bad trades
18 good trades
60% wining

With my money management the biggest loss was 15 pips. Take profit always hit 20. still thinking about take profit , it could be trailed.
so last month this system made for me: 237 pips.

i think if someone could get this system in to EA , i could get this to around 75% wining trades. Hoping to hear something from you guys.

EA should be with ADX AND ATR periods , what i could change everything in them , and take profit and stop loss , trail stop should be able to change in settings. Also in setting should be trading start and trading end by hours.

Sorry for bad English.

Cheers.

Interesting, is this a take on Blizard’s Picking Cherries & Apples strategy? (my apologies if im wrong, just looks similar)

Just to clarify the trade entry rules could you list them simply for example:

SL = What do we use to set the SL ?
TP = Is 20 pips, did you try with a trailing stop yet ?
What swing ZZ setting for the minibars are you using ?

Its just so we can get an idea of how to enter trades as for an EA we would need to have absolute rules as the EA (robot) cannot guess and we must be as accurate as possible to avoid mistakes on our part.

Also have you compared the short vs long trades ? Is one better than the other ?

Also have you forward tested this strategy yet ?

Sounds a reasonable strategy, what would be nice is if you could define the rules to being absolute, its just so that any coder who see’s your post can easily see it, take a look at Blizard’s strategy here to get an idea of how to lay it out:

http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/47994-picking-cherries-apples.html

Don’t worry about the english, you have not seen me type early in the morning !!!

PS i would edit your first post to update it rather than replying to my post so everyone who see’s your strategy can see everything in one place on the first post. Just easier for coders :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing from you

Hi sandybeach ,

SL = Last candles low + 2 pips , if its too small like 6 or 8 pips i would place my stop at 15 pips (15 is the biggest stop loss , what the strategy could be profitable )
Swing zzz indicators is set to 2 , but i dont really use it , i just had it on my chart to define its a top or bottom so i don’t really use it for anything.

So we are trading only when atr line is above MA. Wen the atr is above MA we are looking ADX come above 25 , when it does we look to +DI crosses -DI or -DI crosses +DI. When its crosses and ATR is still above MA we entry a trade :slight_smile:

I forward testing it now , and last week was profitable (in 3 pairs per 2 days made 107 pips) , this week i had to study so i don’t have much time to sit near my pc all day , but i really on this strategy , and one way or another i i will make it very profitable :slight_smile: I cannot tell how much winners and losers ar long or short possisions because i wont write it down t was long or short trade , what why i need ea , after finding right periods to right pairs we could look at statment and see how it acts in bull trend , bear trend , and accumulation.

Hello ,

Todays trade

One more for today :

Last zzzswing was 6 pips , so i set SL to 10 pips , my SL is never less than 10 and never more than 15

Ah starting to make sense, the whole Swing ZZ through me off i could not work out how you trade it.

Is your TP a static 20 pips or do you trailing stops etc ?

Don’t worry about not being able to watch it 24/7, i work during the day so have the same problem when reviewing most strategies especially if its something im trying to create.

Ok my apolgoies if i have got this wrong, but the rules for a buy and sell as i understand it would be:

[B][U]BUY:[/U][/B]

[B]Entry:
[/B]

1. ADX Is Over 25
  2. ATR is above MA
  3. +DI crosses -DI or -DI crosses +DI
  4. SL = Last candles low + 2 pips if SL would be below 10 pips use 15 pips as SL

[B]Exit:
[/B]

[U][B]SELL:[/B][/U]

[B]Entry:

[/B]1. ADX Is Over 25
2. ATR is below MA
3. +DI crosses -DI or -DI crosses +DI
4. SL = Last candles high - 2 pips if SL would be below 10 pips use 15 pips as SL

[B]Exit:
[/B]

If i am wrong can you please correct me, thanks.

Everything is okay except for :
for buy +DI crosses -DI only
for sell -DI crosses +DI only

Cool thanks, just to make it easier for everyone viewing this thread could you add the below rules to your first thread just to make it really easy for anyone to read and trade manually or build and EA, as if we make it easy to read we will get more interest.

Trade rules:

[B][U]BUY:

[/U]Entry:
[/B]

1. ADX Is Over 25
  2. ATR is above MA
  3. +DI crosses -DI

[B]Exit:
[/B]

[U][B]SELL:[/B][/U]

[B]Entry:

[/B]1. ADX Is Over 25
2. ATR is below MA
3. -DI crosses +DI

[B]Exit:
[/B]

Done.

Cheers.

Does anyone know of any EA’s or custom indicators that give the buy / sell signal based on the confluence of all these signals? That would make life a lot easier if trading multiple pairs.

I think u can find the ADX ea only or ATR ea only , but not a multiple indicators ea , like this , i googled about it before creating this thread.

I can’t put the MA in the same ATR chart window. Is this happening to anyone? It works with differente indicators…

Thanks for your help.

Hello ,

From navigator >> indicators > MA , drag ma indicator on atr , when pick First indicators data on ma settings , and press ok :slight_smile: tell me if u cant do it , i`ll post template then.

Cheers.

Noob question - what is +DI and -DI

Hello ,

The +DI is blue line at the adx indicator
The -DI is the red line at ADX indicator

Cheers.

how have you got on trading this strategy manually ?

Got this system in to ea , and did it profitable about 78% in 6 pairs :slight_smile:

Awesome would you be willing today share the EA?

Well nobody was interested in this strategy , so i wont share ea here.

Fair enough, i did try to help though :slight_smile: Im not a programmer so im limited in what i can help with :slight_smile: