UMS Live

Hi,

This thread intend to be a training one that allow Tymens students to post their potential trades or idea of trade. Every post should be as detailed as possible. The concept is to train for radar, design, guess, …EVERYTHING !
Then one should also write his feeling to have the others or teacher tymen correcting if necessary.

Remember guys that you have to make a mistake to correct it. If you never make anything you will not make mistakes but you’ll never do anything… Then, go , feel confident, anyway there will be one to guide you thru UMS land.

Nevertheless, this thread isn’t an explanation of the method and noone will explain it there. The new reader may refer to the links below if he want to understand and more generally to the whole thread THE JOY OF CANDLESTICK TRADING - a Learning Experience.

I thought it could be interesting to explain a little bit how to make snapshots. If you’re using Vista or XP there is a default painter (Accessories). When you look at your screen you can use your keyboard button ‘Print Screen’ (should be above the Enter key). This will put a copy of your screen in your clipboard. Then back to Paint, File->New then ‘paste’ from your clipboard. This is it ! Then you can add comments, lines or questions on the picture, then post !

Ok, there are two ways to post. First with the forum functionalities. It will show a thumbnail in your post and the reader will have to click on it to view it. Another method is the one used by tymen which include the picture directly in the post. He uses a hosting service from a free server (there are plenty of those). I would suggest we keep the thumbnail for us and let the teacher use the inside system. Otherwise it will be hard to read the thread when many of you guys will post with the comments…

So now it’s all up to YOU !

Thanks for sharing and many thanks to tymen.

FXCaribbean
"Don’t go where there is a path. Open a new one and leave a trail".
If you want to understand what we’re talking about here (UMS) then read this and set your screen and computer that way

What do you think of that one. It just happened 40mn ago.

I think it is a good Evening Star pattern…

FXCaribbean
If you want to understand what we’re talking about here (UMS) then read this and set your screen and computer that way. Also read the live thread, UML Live and UMS Live

What about that one guys on the 1hour chart…

it is 4 mn before the end of this last candle …

Edited : Ok i decided to enter that one. took one short at 213.35
I didn’t set my SL correctely. It was set at my trade price -0.01 . So I exit the trade before letting it doing its retrace which is NOW :frowning:
Check that retrace …

No, it’s not a retrace. I would have been out now with my heavy loss, check that :

FXCaribbean
If you want to understand what we’re talking about here (UMS) then read this and set your screen and computer that way. Also read the live thread, UML Live and UMS Live

Check it, I took this one at 37 and got faked out and exited at 35. +2 pips, better than -2 pips :rolleyes: This was at about 10 pm, so things were slow.

I looked back to the time you gave, and can’t see the pattern you’ve used to decide to enter whatever timeframe :confused: ?

Actually, now that I look at it again, I’m not sure why I took it either:confused:

I would love tymen react on that one also. Can we take this 15 mn chart and these 3 candles as an evening star ?

May i give my analyse about the fact i wouldn’t consider it :

• no gap between 2nd candle and 1st or 3rd.
  • 3rd candle is engulfind 2nd
  • 3rd candle didn’t went deep the body of first (at least 50% i mean)

Could you teach us tymen or anyones reaction ?

FXCaribbean

This is a nice thread - lots of charts and less script to read.

To [B]FXCaribbean [/B]and [B]VulcanClassic[/B] ;

[U]Never [/U]look for patterns on the 5 minute chart.
This chart is only for entries with the KC method and retrace finding with the Starc bands.

[U]Some tips[/U]

The charts you post need to be a little larger - so they fill the forum page from left to right.
They are improving.

The candles definitely need to be made larger.
It is difficult to see what you are referring to.

Be aware that a black background does not provide as high a resolution as a white one.
Those numbers are fuzzy on your charts.

By posting charts as well as script you are learning more about how to present stuff on this forum.
This will become very useful as you go along.

Actually, now that I look at it again, I’m not sure why I took it either

Ho Ho Ho Ha Ha! :smiley: :smiley:

And you fell for that evening star (sigh)!

That was a breakout trend - and the BB was expanding very rapidly!! :frowning:
Again, the BB was looking like the open end of a trumpet!

I [U]cannot emphasize enough[/U] that, although the pattern is nice, the BB must be examined before taking on the trade.
In the above case, it was a no no!

Soldier on!! :slight_smile:

I don’t think we did that. Vulcan sent a 15mn picture of the chart showing the evening star and mine was a 20mn.

All the next 5mn chart were to guess the retrace or the exit.

then it is an evening star on Vulcans chart … I would really like to see your samples tymen.
Isn’t that a dark cloud cover ?

Yes , was an end of trumpet for Vulcan and mine was a beginning… :frowning:

FXCaribbean

Tymen,

So as not to disrupt the lessons, I hope you find my question posted here.

I’m looking for the 3 green soldiers candle pattern. It isn’t the same as 3 white soldiers, which is a reversal pattern, is it? I assumed it was a continuation pattern. Does it also go by a different name?

Thanks.

Condor, you may be thinking of the falling three or three line strike

Continuation Candlestick Patterns

I too thought 3 green soldiers was continuation until I looked at the site again. In my mind I was seeing the 3 line strike, but was calling it 3 green soldiers. More study I guess.

VulcanClassic,

I think we were both correct. I think it’s a Three Line Strike continuation pattern, but without the 4th candle. We’ll have to wait for Tymen to clarify this.

The 3 green soldiers is my name for the 3 white soldiers!! :smiley:

Since we no longer deal in black and white, I have red and green candles.

Therefore, I renamed the pattern.
It is a long pattern and a very strong one too.
You do not need to trade it on the Bollinger bands.
It is excellent for trading long breakouts - when the BB is like a “trumpet”.

The inverse is the 3 red crows. :smiley:

Continuation patterns are different. The website again :

Japanese Candlestick Charting Explained

someone saw a tradable pattern today ?

FXCaribbean

Would you trade this pattern?

AUD/USD - 25 min chart, possible dark cloud. This candle wont be complete until 13:45 but it looks good to me at the moment.

Thought, concerns, yay or nay?

I am actually in that one, given that the overall trend is down and this could be the top of the retrace.

This dark cloud appears genuine but some caution needed because the upper wick is not long enough.
It is on the upper BB as required.

Let us know how you got on Vulcan.

[U]Just a tip[/U] - please enlarge your candles before posting a chart. It can be difficult to see the action.
All those candles on the left are really irrelevant to the chart.

I did + 30 pips on that one

Nice job VulcanClassic, I also demo traded it and made 30 pips :slight_smile:

Ahhhhh…nice trades [B]VulcanClassic [/B]and [B]Ryujin84107[/B]

Must be some extreme points in the Starc bands that set up the making of 30 pips!!

While you two were doing that, I was trading this one (demo chart only shown - with edit) >>>

By tymen1 at 2008-08-12

Although I have a policy of not declaring my pips, I can tell you that I was “successful” !! :smiley: :smiley: