Mad Scalper

Hi petefader
Just read the whole thread. looks really good. started on demo and made some pips. thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience with us newbies. will also look at your other thread for longer TF :wink:

Can this system use in other platform like oanda ?
Can some indicator that not exists in other platform like Shade, OSMA, etc be replace with standard indicator ?

I just wanted to check this. I think that the fib retracement graph had been plotted correctly by sam2vt in the post on page 96.

For confirmation and examples see Fibonacci Retracements: Using Fibonacci Retracement Levels for Forex.

If I am mistaken then apologies and it just means the more i read about forex the more confused i am becoming

Looks goodā€¦but what makes the shaded red turn blueā€¦is it just a 5 min candle close thats higher and then back to lower?

Made 50 pips live last night trading gbp/usdā€¦sweetnessā€¦had an ascending triangle patterm alsoā€¦that is cleared:p

To what extent do yaā€™ll use higher timeframes to determine trends and what not?

I use VSA to determine direction. 301 Moved Permanently

If Iā€™m not in a trend before it starts, THEN I use Mad Scalper to get in. As long as volume confirms the trend.

I donā€™t use my Mad Scalper as much as I used too, itā€™s great and this thread will tell you what you need to know, but VSA is giving me more trades per day, very high win ratio and it really gets you in touch with the market.

So like I said Iā€™ll use Mad Scalper as a secondary system to get in trend pullbacks, if VSA confirms that the trend is strong.

Hi Pinoyboy

Out of interest what other tools do you use for confirmation?

Also are you using the originaly 5 misn system or the Janqie 1 min system?

Thanks

petefader: thanks! :slight_smile:

this is such a good, comprehensive system.

was down about a hundred pips today (demo account!) and iā€™ve slowly but surely been making them back.

i plan on sticking with this for a while. iā€™ll take a bunch of little gains over a big ā€œmaybeā€ any day. :slight_smile:

thanks again for sharing with us!

Can someone please upload this EA again please? for some reason I cant download from that site.

Thanks!

Have you read the whole thread ?
Which download do you need as it has been changed a few times.

Hi,
looks like a nice system pete! thanks for sharing. I have read untill page 64 now, but I donā€™t really see anywhere how the volume indicator gives a clear condition for entering or not. Should I only enter when the bars are high?

I read through the whole thread now, and Iā€™m trying it on a demo now. There are still a few things that are unclear to me, since Iā€™m a noob. These are a lot of questions but I really hope someone has the time to answer them.

1 should I only enter with high volume?

2 If a colour changes and then you enter, and it changes back again, should you stop your order then? or only stop at a certain amount off pip loss?

3 When a colour changes, but the price is still at the wrong side of the ema, can you enter once the price closes on the right side of the ema?

4 if there is no resistance line in sight, how many pips do you aim for? is 20, like in the first post, still ideal?

5 sometimes I see a someone enter ( like ptb on page 76) when there is no colourchange, do you then only look at the pivot? does that has anything to do with the other thread from petefader about the VSA and all?

6 when you get signals for a entry, but your close to a resistance line, do you then wait to break through and still enter?

7 when do you decide if a trend has already gone too far, and has a big chance of switching? ( I have read about this as an argument by janqie for not taking a trade).

8 how long after news I can trade again?

9 Should I also not trade if news has low notification?

I would really appreciate it if someone could answer these. Thanks!

Is anyone still using this system?

If so, how has it been?

where can i download this indicator?

:slight_smile:

1 should I only enter with high volume?

[B]Nope, thatā€™s not a requirement.[/B]

2 If a colour changes and then you enter, and it changes back again, should you stop your order then? or only stop at a certain amount off pip loss?

[B]Color change is not an exit signal, but it does imply a deceased chance of success.[/B]

3 When a colour changes, but the price is still at the wrong side of the ema, can you enter once the price closes on the right side of the ema?

[B]No, first wait for a pull back after a cross, then you can trade in that direction, as explained in the first post.[/B]

4 if there is no resistance line in sight, how many pips do you aim for? is 20, like in the first post, still ideal?

[B]When scalping there is always some resistance in sight lol. You can take some profit off or trail if you expect more.[/B]

5 sometimes I see a someone enter ( like ptb on page 76) when there is no colourchange, do you then only look at the pivot? does that has anything to do with the other thread from petefader about the VSA and all?

[B]For this system, you need to wait for the color change.[/B]

6 when you get signals for a entry, but your close to a resistance line, do you then wait to break through and still enter?

[B]Yes, after the signal, if the next candle or two breaks s/r I would enter.[/B]

7 when do you decide if a trend has already gone too far, and has a big chance of switching? ( I have read about this as an argument by janqie for not taking a trade).

[B]Up trendā€¦look for higher highs and higher lows in price actionā€¦dont buy into a double top for example. Also slant of the 50 EMA is a good indicator of trend strength.[/B]

8 how long after news I can trade again?

[B]15 mins give or take.[/B]

9 Should I also not trade if news has low notification?

[B]Honestly, if itā€™s low impact news I usually take the trade anywayā€¦but itā€™s added risk of course.[/B]

I would really appreciate it if someone could answer these. Thanks!

[B]Your welcome.[/B] :slight_smile:

[B]Yes, I still use this system along with others.[/B]

[B]The indicators and rules are in the first post[/B], (to the other guys who asked).

Hey Pete,
If a candle hits the purple 50 ema can I consider the ema as a support / resistance level and suppose that the price will bounce off from it?

Alsoā€¦ why did this happen? Image attached

Been reading this whole thread for the past 2 days and today I decided to start a demo account to test the strategy.

It might be a downturn the fact that on a demo account the spread is about 5 pips on E/U E/J G/U. This makes scalping so much harder on little scalps.

So here are todayā€™s trades till now.

Hi, petefader,
Iā€™ve been more or less over this thread in the last two days and must say your system looks promissing, especially because it doesnā€™t use too many indicators.
I would like to ask you a question if I may:
As I recall, you said the system has something to do with VSA. If I understand what VSA stands for, it is volume-spread analysis.
Could you please explain, where in your system, the spread comes into play. I see you look at volume for confirmation of market activity, but I canā€™t find any spread related conditions.

Sorry for asking such a not-really-tradig-related question, it just happens I must do something about VSA for school, and would like to find some strategies that employ it just to find out what the fuss is all about.

Another thing I would like to know is, what the settings for DveMashki indicator are. I am currently drawing one with lwma10 and lwma34.

Regards,
Peter

Hi Pero. Besides not trading during very low volume periods, Mad Scalper doesnā€™t incorporate Volume analysis. My other thread is all about VSA.
http://forums.babypips.com/free-forex-trading-systems/21453-1-500-pips-per-month-method-vsa-sr-fibb-etc.html

As for as the DveMashk, If you load the template from the first post, you will have the proper settings loaded for all indies, automatically.