The Quick Way to the Top

Hey Juicy T,

I am experimenting with the indicators and yes to get macd setup on the 5 min chart you would multiply the MAs by 6, for the PSAR indicator on the 5M I divided by 6 and that setting is 0.00333 instead of 0.02, use the same 0.2 step. It seems to work ok but does start the downtrend on the psar alert a bit early as the 30 min candle begins forming 25 mins early on the 5m charts, not sure how to make it more accurate. Also though it seems to line up fairly well during high volume trading periods, once volume dries up The PSAR seems to give false signals, like it did end of day Friday, on 30 min psar is still in uptrend but on the 5 minute this modified psar has already changed to downtrend for a while. Maybe someone with programing skills or who understands PSAR can make this work more accurately. The image attached shows my normal 5m psar in blue and our modified PSAR in green along with the modified macd when you compare these with the what is on a 30m chart you will see what I mean. Hopefully this can lead to us only having one chart up instead of two?

Hi Pipjuice.

I downloaded a few indicators that do the job. I cant post them here but here is the link different times same chart @ Forex Factory

Now we just need the alarm part set up.

Juicyt

Hey juicyt thanks!

good find, I think we need to merge some code between these and ours, should give us a more accurate psar, the macd is easy to modify as is by just 6x the MAs. now to create different versions with different global vars so that we can track multiple currency pairs at the same time, what do you think? one simple chart per currency pair, each with their own alarm.

If we could get it all on 1 chart with alarms etc it would be ideal.

Now to be honest, I think it is working somehow. I don’t know if the slow stock looks for macd and psar conditions anywhere but I found my chart alerting when the conditions were met so at this stage i have come to the conclusion that it is working for now. I will monitor it further though.

Juicyt

How do you put the indicators attachment that Anakin posted into the folder on the platform. I am new to MT4, I downloaded but cannot seem to move into the folder to be able to ad to the charts. Also, are these used as chart settings or actually an EA? And if you have the SAR and MACD on the 30 min and the Stochs on the 5 min will the Stochs only be considered if the conditions are met first on SAR and MACD on 30 min chart for an alert or auto trade? Maybe this is what Juicyt was refering to with altering the time settings to put all indicators on one chart.

Thanks, JD

Is this what your chart looks like with the 30min macd and par sar on the chart with the M5 slow stock and cci?

here is a similar chart, you can have another time frame beside it…

This is perhaps a bit simpler and shows more clarity for entries

Where are you Anakin?

Hope those losses you had didn’t make you give up. It was bound to happen once you increased the pip value. Don’t stop posting!

Juicyt

No, I never give up. I was just very busy with work and my MBA thesis. So on Friday and Monday I did not had the time to either post or trade. Today I did left the MT4 platform running all night so it will alert me about signals.

There was one at 7:02 GMT on GBP/USD (from 1.6533 to 1.6540) which I took and I only made +7 pips (I got out of it earlier in a moment of panic ), the other one was an hour after the first one, but I did not took that one because MACD where about to cross, although the price did went up like +18 pips. But its better to be sure than sorry, because those movements against the way of the cross aren’t very common.

Anyway I will look for more signals today until 18:00 GMT. I hope everybody is making pips with the system.

May the ‘pip’ be with us all

Hey I been having some trouble with parabolic sar. I posted the question/error on the automated trading forum here at baby pips, but it seem no one knows. I had no replies.

Can you guys take a look at it, maybe some one can help

http://forums.babypips.com/expert-advisors-automated-trading/26961-mt4-parabolic-sar-error.html#post123195

Thanks

May the ‘pip’ be with us all

Hi Anakin,

I really like this forum but for all indicator needs I can only suggest you post at ForexFacto… I usually get reponses real fast.

Just copy you post and paste it there.

Juicyt

Oh and i see what you mean. Wierd

Hello all,

Here are some indicators for the 5m chart that give alerts, there is a modified psar which shows the psar for the 30 minute and can be applied to the 5m chart, this gives out direction info for the modified stoch, which looks for the signals on the 5m charts now instead of the 30 min charts. And anakins macd which ive set at 6x so it reflects the trend for the 30 minute time frame. these indicators can be applied to any currency pair for this system. and will give alerts between 6:30-19:00 GMT so 30 minutes before Frankfurt open until 3pm NY. This way we can have multiple currency pairs open and alerting. With one chart per pair. enjoy.

PJ

Sounds great, but you forgot the indicators link :smiley:

Added the indicators to the original post as a zip, this file is actually a .rar file so may need to use winrar to open instead of winzip. I had to rename it in order to up load it.

pipjuice sounds great thanks, now it would bee mutch easyer to backtest thi strategy.

best regards

Cool pipjuice thanks!

I guess to make it a 24 hs alert (not limited by time frame) it’s the same tweak than the one posted by anakin before, right?

Hey pipjuice what is the alert based on? and what indicator is it connected too and what sets it off thanks

The indicators I posted are Anakin’s but I also modified a multi time frame psar so we can use it on the 5m chart instead of the 30m, same with the macd just 6x so that it crosses at the same time on a 5m chart, then modified his stoch so it looks for the alerts on 5m charts instead of the 30m, that way we can have only one chart open for each currency pair instead of two. you can apply them to as many currency pairs as you want, don’t blame me when your up all night chasing down multiple signals he he. These indicators all work together to satisfy the signal requirements for Anakin’s scalping system. just on the 5m time frame.

Just a word of caution on this system. If your new to it like me make certain that you wait for the EMA crossover to happen before you enter a trade. Anakin posted earlier that he doesn’t stay in a profitable trade much past the overbouthgt/sold line on the 5m stoch cause there is only a 65% chance that once it does cross it that the trade will continue to trend. So he exits trades early sometimes to assure his profits. Since he trades with large lots its ok as he has plenty of money per pip. Great system! but the entry works the same way as the exit, if you don’t wait for the crossover of the EMAs there is a 65% chance that the trade will continue to trend strongly in the same direction for a while before it reverses, so don’t enter the trade early. Happened to me so watch it. If I am in a profitable trade tho I watch it closely when it gets to these levels and if it is trending strong I stay in a bit longer, ready to get out if needed. Once it does cross its a no brainer trade tho as long as all the criteria are still in place at that time. Trade with fewer pips at first until you get it.

thanks and quick look at gbp/jpy look for a short