The Wolf Pack -- ICT Tools & Concepts in Action --

Nice trade guys. It was a close call for me taking a cable long trade at the beginning of NYO and glad I sat on my hands.

Even here the same trade Tripper, half out at CPP for 30 pips and the rest at breakeven running safe: but I didnā€™t expect it to run so muchā€¦ a nice surprise when Iā€™ve been back from work!
Sometimes everything goes the way you wish. :slight_smile:

I missed the euro short but prior to it happening I noticed that on the daily the highs from the last few days where a turtle soup entry pattern and also fell within the 62 & 79 retracement levels from the previous significant high.

I entered a pending order for it but spotted it too late (a couple of days ago would have been better) anyway prevously I would have been mad about it and tried to chase it but this time I was happy to let it go and I felt happy that I had spotted it in my analysis.

Things are slowly starting to fall into place which I am happy about. Hopefully catch the next one

DT.

The ā€œSmart Money Profit Releaseā€ phase is fully on, glad that we are out of that range.

Before I started with the ICT materials I was also part of the traders that would chase such large movements instead of anticipating a retracement in flow/trend-direction. A phrase from the ā€œMarket Profilesā€ video that I remember very well: ā€œDonā€™t chase the market, the dumb money is doing that.ā€ :smiley:

EUR/USD is at OTE Sweetspot (from 15.03 1.30 to 30.03 1.338) and S2 Pivot Buy Zone. Iā€™ll enter for a short-term countertrend trade.

What do you consider short-term and what are your profit targets?

Short-term is for me in most cases an intraday position which I will close until 18:00 GMT when London closes. My TP1 is at 1.3155 and my TP2 is at 1.3185. Asia typically doesnā€™t post new high/new lows, so Iā€™m comfortable with holding it overnight and will close it tomorrow 18:00 GMT if either my SLs or TPs arenā€™t triggered.

I was going to ask if you were basing the trade on just them two convergences, but I see thereā€™s a possible crab pattern too which could add a third.

Didnā€™t spent much time with Harmonics yet, how long are you using them in your trading?

Iā€™m new to forex (2 weeks) so havenā€™t got much experience with them yet, I do look for some other convergences to confirm the setup rather than trade on a harmonic alone though.

I like the way you think, many are already deep in the indicator-trap after 2 weeks. :smiley: Also, confirming a setup with other tools that have proven good for you, is always good.

Happy trading to you!

donā€™t forget about the camel pattern, Iā€™ve found it to be pretty bulllish :smiley:

Love it ! lol

Iā€™ve been working late nights all week and this gave me a good needed laugh while on the job :slight_smile:

Fib from Asia High to Asia Low, traded up to the OTE Zone Sweet Spot and BOOM!

When I opened my chart it was just starting to ā€˜retraceā€™ at the 1.311 level. I though the run down was a Judas and went long and got stopped out (Iā€™m still on a demo account so no harm done).

I noticed the OTE (but after it occurred) and wondered if any one had taken it. I couldnā€™t see anything other then OTE to indicate the trade.

Is that enough for most of you to enter a quick scalp? with live accounts?

Thought Iā€™ll post an update after Iā€™ve been so quiet.
decided not to trade the past 2 weeks, due to personal health issues and ongoing renovations in my home. I realized that the charts did not get the undivided attention they deserve as my mind was wandering and wondering about the things going on around me;) The decision to take a break is probably the best sign of the improvements I have made in my (still very young) trading career- thanks to ICT;)

Was able to end March in a slight profit of +1.3% hahaha
While this is still very far from my eventual monthly goals, it also sets a milestone for me, as it was the first profitable month so far (it was also only the second month of demo trading;))

I did do all my trades on 0.5% risk, and it helped me realize a few things:
-I feel more comfortable on minimum risk, at least until Iā€™m out of the red.
-It is a perfect protection tool, to minimize risk, after a trade went wrong - preserving capital (even demo)
-It is also a pain in the ass to capture some nice swings, but due to the tiny risk level and therefore small lot sizes, the pay outs just wonā€™t cut it to reach the weekly/monthly goals;)

anyway, the good news is, that I am now in the black and ready to upgrade risk to 1% if the setup allows itā€¦
I feel quite confident of reaching my goal of doubling my demo account within the next few month (preferably before fall) and then take the step to go live with a small accountā€¦ baby steps!

The 2 weeks Iā€™m not trading Iā€™m using to get some personal things in order and move on with some renovations around the house, AND to finally rematch all the videos (which I struggle with during my trading daysā€¦ after watching the charts for several hours, I often canā€™t get myself to also rewatch PTC videos;) and while trading, I want complete focusā€¦)

Hope to get back aboard next week and continue my steady path of improvement, which has been quite astounding the past weeks/months! Thank you once again ICT!

cheers and happy hunting

What do you measure the Asian range as? I have it as 0000-1000GMT so the low you have would have been into my LO.

Hello Everybody! Why on an indi iā€™ve about asian session iā€™ve 0->8 gmt? i was wondering why it was set like this once i got it. Now that you are in the topic, I wanted to ask

thank you =)

Itā€™s not set to GMT and so needs to be adjusted to suit you. For example Iā€™m in the UK but now we are in summer we have moved from GMT to BST, but my broker is in CET (yes this makes it fun I can tell you!), so I would have to change the indi to 0200-0700 for the Asian range to be highlighted on my chart.

Saw someoneā€™s signature on another forex forum which I thought interesting to post here as food for thought:

ā€œItā€™s not whether youā€™re right or wrong thatā€™s important, but how much money you make when youā€™re right and how much you lose when youā€™re wrong.ā€