1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

Wasn’t falling for that last GU downthrust. Caught some pips on the way up. Patience pays off.

Stopping Volume on an up move: Up candle with high vol, next candle inside, which will obviously be a bear candle. Same in reverse for down move, stopping volume on down bar, bullish inside close.

1 Like

No Supply (Hope I got terminology right - as I always say - I know what I mean - feel free to point out If wrong)

Breaking upwards, volume increasing, Higher low just above 1.4100, fast trade, they don’t come much better than that.

That could well be last of the week for me now.

Same, entry was 1.6160 on a push through supply for a straight 50 pips.

But the stopping volume candle, at the end of the an uptrend, doesn’t necessarily have to be a bull candle, right… It can be a bear candle with a long wick on top as well? But I imagine the same inside close parameters apply for the following candles as you described?

Entry @ 1.6260 would be straight 50 pips loss, Pete :stuck_out_tongue:
Just kidding, it’s 1.6160 to be corrected

#($*#, why does the good stuff happen in the middle of the bloody night…

Because we live in the wrong part of the world! Forget normal sleep, just give it up and take power naps lol.

Thanks Luiz, I see nothing ever gets past you! :wink:

Yeah that’s true, but if I look through the TFs and dont see a high volume up bar in there, I won’t like it. But reaction has to always close in the reversal direction yes.

Pete, do u wait for an inside bar on the hourly to close before trading the other way, or will u move to the 5 minute chart and look for entries before that? I think I’m over thinking it now.

No Supply would be a downbar on decreasing volume. The bar you pointed out is No Demand (had there been a significant down move behind it).

Nah, you’re not over thinking…good question. If the reversal setup is valid on smaller TF, before the 1hr closes inside, I take it. From a 1hr perspective, the inside close confirms stopping volume and helps define the Wycoff phase.

Thanks for the insight. Is it safe to say that it’s a good idea to not even consider a trade unless you are showing stopping volume on the 1 hr? That’s the way I’ve been doing it, but sometimes I see moves on the 5 and 15 that makes me want to jump in, but I don’t. In fact, I just leave all my currencies on the 1 hr chart until I see stopping volume, and only then will I go down and look at the 5 and 15.

Also, as a side note, I was thinking about not taking any trade unless it is at least coming off of a test (Double top/bottom, etc.).

What’s crazy is that I did 30% on the account this week, and I seem to be second guessing my entries the more I trade. I think it is because I had a few go into a little bit of drawdown, but I’m confident with the stopping volume, so I don’t let it bother me when they do. I look at the drawdown as the SM trying to fake me out with upthrusts, and they’ve all come back into the positive.

Something to share.
Please advise me on this trade. Planning to go for a short position at the opening of Mondays market.
Short at : 0.9195
TP : 0.9165 with TS : 15pips
SL : 0.9224

](http://img541.imageshack.us/i/usdchf.png/) Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

I seriously hate Friday now. This profit-taking day is annoying grgr
Here is the chart for gu, it currently testing a respected level and this week volume has been small compared to previous weeks, also with eu :slight_smile:

Happy weekend everyone, looking forwards to next week :slight_smile:

This would be a Sunday afternoon trade then, so I wouldn’t trade it. Not a good time for volume.

Been through the thread 4 times. I think I found the answer to my question of making sure you find stopping volume on 1 hr first before you do anything else. Makes sense.

Hey Pete, I’ve found out that Admiral Markets mt4 demo has usdx and eurx, not sure about its volume though :slight_smile:

Boy oh Boy. This thread has been quite enlightening. A lot to absorb, but I am committed to absorbing every bit of it. Excellent job Petefader. You truly are very generous with your knowledge and it is much appreciated. 25 pages down, a few hundred to go!