1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

It was E/U. Just a quick scalp with 5 pip TP and SL

My best guess is that the ASK price didnā€™t hit the TP. Iā€™d consult with their support if anything.

Iā€™ll keep trading and if it happens again Iā€™ll consult with them, thanks :slight_smile:

Markup phase pulling back and reaccumulationg. Possibly a long after news in 20 mins.

We may have broken that 1hr lower TL, but we are at 50-61.8 fib now and buyers are showing upā€¦Iā€™m still hunting long.

Yupā€¦ no more aggressive entryā€¦ wait for NS now.

Banked +30 pips on half, other half at locked BE. Been hanging in the main chatā€¦I did announce my entry there. Was 50-61.8 high vol on 1hr, other TFs backing it up, 5 min no supply entry.

Chartā€¦

Hey Pete,

Wasnā€™t sure if you were still around. Have been going thru the thread from the start, up to about page 50. Fantastic sharing you are doing here mate. I really appreciate it. Intuitviely, I was looking for an explanation from the start for price movement and found my way to this thread.

Not sure how to go about getting in contact if poss. I know you canny say much in thread.

Thanks mate :stuck_out_tongue:

Wouldnā€™t hurt to skip to page 150 or so. This thread is so long, I need to make a pdf of the best posts (mainly from the second half) and start a new one maybe. Been hanging in the chat lately, maybe Iā€™ll catch you there.

Coolā€¦will skip through if you think so. Would be great if you compiled a PDFā€¦time is always a factor.

I will keep an eye out on chatā€¦where you based ?..regular hours on line?

Cheers

Iā€™m in New York. Tues, Wed, Thurs Iā€™m up at 5:30 am to trade for about 6 hoursā€¦besides that I pop in here and there.

Coolā€¦

Something you said Pete in a much earlier post got my attention which is the point about looking at the charts and knowing where the smart money is buying and where it is sellingā€¦so we can jump in on the actā€¦also the relevance of S/R levels.

I donā€™t have a feel for this as the market is always going up and down but always finding new levels, I think I might be overanalysing and not seeing what is there maybeā€¦

Keep it simple. Get used to drawing on a 1hr chart, simple support resistanceā€¦(you will see as you read that I mark them with boxes to cover the wicks), Upper,lower trend lines/channels, and fibsā€¦only looking at 50-61.8. The key is to watch these levels get tested.

I start the day marking that stuff on the 1hrā€¦usually just 1 or 2 fibs in play fom swing hi/low points, a couple s/r lines to watch and possiblly a TL/channel.

Rightoā€¦spend a lot of weekend time back testing/reading charts.

So you check out 1 hr charts, I think I have noticed you trade on diff smaller TFs generally, is that right? At this stage I have mainly been working with 5 min charts

How many times do I preach this to wannabe traders? I donā€™t know but itā€™s time and time and time again, and time and time and time again they donā€™t listen.

From this thread with many thanks to ā€˜petefaderā€™ I have derived a strategy that is mega reliable and is an easy to spot setup, i.e. the simplest I could come up with.

Now take note newbieā€™s this thread is getting on for 3 years old and is consistently popular, as I keep saying, thereā€™s a very good reason for that.

So take the mantra of ā€˜Keep it Simpleā€™ from a trader that has 3 years experience in VSA which in itself can be quite a complex subject.

So whatā€™s the lesson???

Answer -[B] KEEP IT SIMPLE![/B]

haggis - just in case, this is not directed at you, Itā€™s a general post of encouragement which I hope many potentially successful traders will note.

Yesterday I was looking for longs the same way Pete did. However I thought that the price isnā€™t gonna brake the trendlineā€¦ So I jumped in, with SL around the TLā€¦ Got stoppedā€¦ Jumped in againā€¦ got stopped again.

So two losses in a row altho I predicted the up move correctly. Sucks.

I canā€™t really tell WHEN is the move gonna happen, and the timing is obviously crucial. Any tips?

Hi Purplepatch,

Thanks for your input.It is confusing to hear people say this and then also acknowledge how complicated a subject like VSA is. I read posts from experienced traders again and again about keeping it simple but as a beginners I suppose there is that tendency to make things complicated, perhaps this is part of the learning process. I do crave simplicity in this arena and intuitively sense that it must be soā€¦in fact this was my very first response to trading, perhaps even what drew me on and still motivates me to keep at it.

I think one aspect of this for experienced traders is that they have spent a lot of time learning to read (the market-price action etc) so it really has become simple, the background knowledge learnt through years of experience has made it so. Perhaps as a beginner learning to see is a necessarily complicated process that becomes simpler although I suppose some never learn to read.

Anyway, I still only have my newbie perspectiveā€¦one thing I do knowā€¦I definitely want to learn to readā€¦:22:

Cheers guysā€¦have a good weekend.

Good day to you

I would like to ask you to review my chart. Regarding my studies from Williams book I saw two stopping volume for a minimum 20 pips gain.
Were those (marked on the chart) valid stopping volume? Because stopping volume is equal or higher than the trending overall volume and it happened in both case. But it happened too fast imo. Could it that be?
Please help me out to analyse this.
Best Regards

i think those are stoping volumesā€¦and what the m,arket is trying to tell u is that there will be a ranging market up front so mark those two level and watcj them well when price gets thereā€¦any body with beta explaination shuold help too.:D:D