1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

The short setup is there as I posted, it’s just slow now. Put stop above 61.8 and let it play out unless you see strength, high volume down bar followed by inside close.

Personally speaking - bit late in the day for me and liquidity will be totally gone in a couple of hours. I closed out my demo short for a small profit and will come back to it tomorrow to see what’s what.

Same here…not a good time to trade.

wheres your short TP?

On .50-61.8 scalps my usual tp is 0. fib or could hold for more based on larger TF weakness.

so around 1.36050?

Right, but again bad time of day to trade…ok last time I will say that lol.

Pete, so you often trade during LD and LD/NY? It’s best time for VSA?
Thx pete :slight_smile:

Correct. At slow times price can drift against the expected direction to get better prices by London open.

So basically… When it’s quiet, trade totally opposite what you would normally trade. :smiley:

Hi pete.

One thing has been in my mind for long time, that’s how we can recognize the phase in early stage of it. Do you try to read it or you just wait for confirmation and then enter the trade on the pullback?

If my memory serve me right, you once said that watch out for the london open as it could determine price action of the day. Could you elaborate it?

Thx pete :slight_smile:

There’s an idea for an EA, counter trend at off hours lol.

I actually looked back once to see, but it’s not consistant enough.

How we can recognize the phase in early stage of it? Hi volume points, and see what price did on them.

It’s a minimum 2 candles on 1hr to confirm. Stopping Volume and no continuation on the next bar. So, in a markup stopping vol would be on an up bar, with no new high to follow.

If that uptrend doesn’t hit high Volume and starts to pullback anyway, we look for the opposite. High volume down bar with no new low to follow…just like regular accumilation. That’s would be reaccumulation in this example.

As far as London open…it’s when big money starts kicking, last chance positioning for an expected move can take place. Reaction to key levels etc.

ok, a vsa concept that my brain just refuses to understand and soak up. Maybe someone can put it in lamens terms or explain it for me, and anyone else who it might help.

“The Testing for supply is done by rapidly marking down the price. If the stock recovers towards the high and the volume is low it would mean that there was no supply. If the volume is high and if the stock fails to recover it would mean that there still supply present. Low volume or less trading activity indicates a successful test.”

This only works in the context of having seen stopping volume on a down move confirmed, or during a mark up (proven demand). Once that demand is there, the market will try to mark down price to see if there are any sellers left (supply). If it’s on low volume and closes off the low, then sellers are not taking. This is called no supply, and a long entry would then be as price moves above the high of the no supply candle.

On the other hand, if that candles closes down on medium to high volume, then we don’t have our no supply and price may not be ready to mark up. Found buyers but there are still sellers. Once they go market can move up. So they do a test.

Slow times? Definitely looks like the market trying to get a better price for shorting the London session.

Is there anyway I can look at VSA without MT4, i’m on osx and don’t want to turn my computer to the darkside.

I don’t know any good mac based platforms/volume feeds just because I never looked. If you have a volume indie you can compare it to the charts posted in here and see how similar it is. lol, darkside.

Two google searches for you.

“OSX wine”

then

“wine MT4”

I run MT4 on Linux using Wine, and you can get Wine to run on OSX. Here are some references:

wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX

wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX/Installing

WineHQ - MetaTrader 4.x

If you need help, create a new thread, let’s not clutter up this discussion.

Hi Pete & co.

Maybe I still not understand how volume works, but in these three examples (marked with a green line on the chart), we have a new high in price & volume followed by a candle that didn’t made a new high, closede inside and had smaller volume… All failing previous resistance points.
Shouldn’t these have been reversal patterns? But price went up in all three cases…:confused:

Am I wrong?

Thanks