1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

That one there.

Long on high volume up candle with long down wick.

Hello everyone,

I just found this thread and I am really enjoying the methodology of thinking as related to volume. In addition, since I am a big fan of PA, I believe the information in this thread will help reinforce how I interpret the markets.

What is the best way to go through this thread. Should I start with page 1 till the current page or do you advise of some other means.

Thanks a lot everyone,
Good trading,

You should start from page one and read whole thing and look your own charts while doing it. Finding similar looking stuff. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hereā€™s how Iā€™ll put it. Notice the fake break just below range before the break out up. That suckered the breakout traders going short, and they never made it past spread lol. It also caught stop losses on many longs, kicking out traders just before the move.

ā€¦and one more thing. At 15:00 is a long down candle, also attracting emo sellers just before the move up, so the break out up also caught their stopsā€¦man are they good. :wink: If nothing else happens today, smart money still rolled over everyone and took their money.

Thanks Nero,
Iā€™ll be doing that for sure :stuck_out_tongue:

[B][U]And ofcourse, how can I forget thanking Pete for starting such a wonderful thread[/U][/B] :o

Anyone know why not much happened today? Could be because of the snow storm?

But not mine. :stuck_out_tongue: I made only one loss trade. And it was only 8 pips. Just couple minutes ago actually.

I got 1 % profit today. Was hoping for more, but now Iā€™m thinking I was little ā€œluckyā€. :stuck_out_tongue:

DANG SOME AWESOME TRADE OPERTUNITIES to bad I was in class

Does anyone think this upthrust is temporary? I mean, on the daily were looking at the 61.8 fib level and it could be a big move down if it does start to sell off. the last few days show loss of steam as it approaches. Volume stayed constant though. Maybe the news today will decide?

If it does push through keep in mind were 700 pips off from the weekly 68.1 fib line.

All pullbacks lately have been met with decent stopping volume in support zones. Not seeing much evidence of this rally dropping away just yet. COT data from last week shows large specs adding to their longs. Futures so far this week donā€™t seem to be showing any real change to this yet. Breaking through the 1.3750 - 1.3780 area is significant - think itā€™s a go to 1.40 now imo.

Edit to add: Donā€™t think itā€™ll go straight up to 1.40 from where weā€™re at now. Might want to test the 1.3770 area for support first.

Not me :slight_smile:

TP Taken.

I didnā€™t include this on my previous chart, but it looks like it might be bouncing off the 100% expansion fib (blue line). Donā€™t forget about those :stuck_out_tongue:

whats a good pair to trade around this time, or even a bit later in the day?

I donā€™t think there is one particularly - most of the liquidity is gone out of the market at this point.

Gold can be a mover sometimes when the mean big boys decide to give it a beating after the Globex close and everybodyā€™s gone home - just see yesterday for an example when they gave it a $10 beatdown around this time. On my platform that corresponds to 100 pips which is probably the most volatility you could hope for at that time of day. Can also be one to hold overnight - Asian dealers tend to be bullish on gold given the physical demand for it over there and that market gets off to a start around 11pm GMT.

Why was this a dumb trade. Knowing this will help me trade better. Thanks guys

it was a longā€¦ btw

Why did you go long here? We canā€™t say if it was dumb if we donā€™t know your reasoning behind it.

Again, just because you lost doesnā€™t mean it was a dumb trade.

My pleasureā€¦I just put the info out there and give struggling traders a real chance, if they do their part and donā€™t look for short cuts that is. This is real trading, they donā€™t teach it in school, but learn this and you can predict with the best of them.

I agree with what was said on e/u. Still no stopping volume at these higher prices. Bye bye USDā€¦we better learn Chinaā€™s National Anthem lol.

True Dodge, fibb ext. and exp. are good tools.

High volume going up, I saw the little red candle with no volume and decided no sellers, so I went long

Seriously, do you see anyone posting 1 min charts in here? :stuck_out_tongue:
Donā€™t try to reinvent the wheelā€¦and like Dodge said, give an explination WHY you entered the trade and if youā€™re going to post a 1min, show us the context/background at least with larger TFs, like Dodge has been doing (very nice btw).