1,500 PIPS PER MONTH with this method, VSA/SR/fibb etc

Grabbed 17 pips off of that triple top in the EUR/USD before noon. Resistance was also off of monthly high which I thought helped.

Thereā€™s your stopping Volume. Watch now for this phase to establish either distribution (high volume up bars to stop up moves) or re-accumulation (high volume down bars to stop retracement down).

Yea, I closed that last one after seeing thatā€¦ Couple candles later thou.

The barrier option at 1.4050 actually went earlier than expected. The morning pop clipped it early on which was interesting. Surprisingly weak defence. We might see your 1.42 by next week Nero though thereā€™s still quite a lot of wood to chop to get up there. It looks a bit more likely than it did a day or so ago at least I have to admit.

yeaā€¦ Friday will most likely give sideways moveā€¦ Or maybe little up move.

That 5min candle sure gave stopping volume. But 1 hour candles didnā€™t show so strong stopping volumeā€¦ Yesterday had huge buying. Iā€™m sure SM is holding those longs.

I have one long trade going. Limit is little above 1.42. That long trade is not from VSA setups. That is from different strategyā€¦ That strategy makes around 1-2 deals per month. 100 stop and 200 limit. Winning % around 60-70. Will be interesting to see what happens. That strategy opened that trade today. Itā€™s fully automatic. I made it by myself. Took alot workā€¦ But enough about that, 'cause this is VSA thread.

Exactly. A retrace down hitting stopping Volume, preferably at a .50-61.8 fib is an ideal long entry now. The stopping volume (supply) we saw today could be enough for that move down, and the long entry Monday perhaps. You know they donā€™t rush these things.

Yea. Friday is for drinking and monday is for trading. :stuck_out_tongue:

Cool thread. My attempt to ā€œhack the marketā€:

Nice! I like the volume bars your drew. :59:

Regarding ā€œsession volumeā€

Feel free to call me dense, but what is its intention, function purpose?

I believe it is so you can compare the volume on a particular day with the volume at the same time on previous days ā€“ itā€™s just a point of reference really.

Another possibility? What do you think?

Ah. The hack is strong in this one. Looking price now, it kinda did that. ^

Oh and Pete. How you like me now. Seems like you need to drink more shots than me. :smiley: haha

G/U gave good setup today. But I was sleeping when that happened. Woulda been very good one again. :stuck_out_tongue: Just pointing out.

Caught a nice one mid morning for 20 pips on the EJ. There was a double top also. Donā€™t normally like trading the yen pairs, though.

Well boysā€¦ Itā€™s 1.4170 now.

Timing in this market is just so importantā€¦ knowing itā€™s going up but couldnā€™t get in the trainā€¦

The one thing I donā€™t ā€œgetā€ about these phases is this:

If distribution is when SM is selling, what drives price down during markdown? The magic hand of the MM? What are the mechanics of how price is marked down?

During distribution, SM is selling in spurts at the higher prices to halt any further up move (absorbtion) and you will usually get a sideways range. When there are no more (or very little) herd buyers, identified by no demand in VSA terms, [I]SM marks price down by selling larger amounts more quickly[/I]. The result of the distribution phase is that SM is positioned short for maximum gain, and herd is positioned long for maximum loss (as a whole). The Markdown is finaly heavy selling by SM, hitting SLs and pushing it untill real SM demand shows up.

Thanks. So once SM sees price as a favorable, they use tactics to maximize short positions while there is still herd demand, and then when herd demand is tapped out, they open the floodgates because thereā€™s no reason not to.