10 pips / day (NBoP)

hahaha. pull the metal lamp post out of your (you know what). i was correcting your inaccurate statement of audusd being a "dangerous pair that it’s more chaotic than any other. And the spreads are HUGE. " I guess you think gbpjpy is not chaotic and has tight spreads…haha.

relax a bit and have fun. burbor was wishing you good luck and you bash the guy. geez.

good luck.

Can U attach that picture please, let me see the difference. which MT4 broker do U recommend for charting? Can U attach your TPL?

Regards from Europe.

I forgot to attach it to the post I replied to you. I hope now it’s visible.

I don’t share my TPL. It’s too easy to build the system. From your picture you set it up correctly less the setting for RSI. Go to RSI properties and Apply it to OPEN not to Close. Maybe if you had RSI applied to Open you would notice how close W%R retraced to RSI :slight_smile:

For charting I use MT4 from Migfx.

uptick GEEZ this is my thread, my system and I don’t see any of your post to improve something. People read this topic for some reasons and you are ruining my harmony. Stop or I will have to report you. Thanks

haha… thats what a forum is about. if you dont want people to comment, dont start a thread.

i just posted my thoughts. keep up the good work and keep making those pips. good luck!

one of my strategies is similars to yours, thats why your thread intrigued me.

Hello again my friends,

Today was another great day in Forex. Today’s hero: USD/JPY.

Here is the chart:

Also the video of the trade: YouTube - USD/JPY-11-04-2008

I moved the RegChan because I was searching for a better channel.

Signals:
2 EMAs crossed after the big drop 12.00 GMT
MACD turned down also at 12.00 GMT
And after 1 hour we got a retrace W%R confirmed at 13.00 GMT

Entry:
13.00 GMT: SELL @ 101.13 with 1 lot
SL: 101.14 + 10 pips = 101.24 (never reached)
Target reached in 3 minutes: 101.03

Profit: 10 pips x 1 lot x $10/pip = $100

That was all for today. It was a weak week.

Happy PIPin’ and relaxing weekend :slight_smile:

Hi PIPology,

Couple of questions for ya. I too am using MT4 and applied the Linear Regression Channel.

1. I find the Regression Channel adjusts itself as the candles develop, and if a trend changes direction, it draws a new one all on it’s own…so is this the same tool you are using?

2. You have the MA’s also in the RSI/%R window, and another MA in the MACD window both with a >= sign. I tried overlaying the MA’s but it doesn’t seem to allow it… is this something custom?

I tried a couple of trades and both were successful… and it does seem simple :slight_smile:

1. The RegChan develops if you place the last point to last candle (it develops until candle closes).

2. Those MAs are for orientation only. MA’s can be applied to other indicators. I won’t take time to explain how, learn for yourself.

The strategy is simple, timing is critical, right order at the right moment.

I will get back with today’s trade if there will be any.

Happy PIPpin’ !

Care to expand on that? Thanks.

Dear Pipology
Excuse me that I am criticise your system but is a very good system to loose money!!!
The stop lose is very close and is very easy to be touch by a little price movement.
The ratio risk/reward is less then 1:2.

Regards

Hello my friends,

Today was a flat day.

Here is the chart for Losing trade:

Everything was ok:
EMAs crossed at 09.00 GMT
10.30 GMT price breaks the RegChan and MACD turned up
11.00 GMT price retraces, W%R confirms.

Entry:
11.00 GMT: BUY @ 159.56 with 1 lot
SL: 159.42 - 10 pips + .02 spread = 159.30 or max 30 minutes
Target: 159.66
FAILURE !
Stop loss never reached. CLOSING the trade after 30 minutes without result.

LOSS: 159.56 - 159.44 = .12 = 12 pips x 1 lot x $10 per pip = $120

Here is the chart for winning trade that almost canceled the loss:

Signals:
10.30 GMT: EMAs crossed
12.00 GMT MACD turned down
12.30 Price breaks the RegChan and closes under it. W%R gives the confirmation for entry with that retrace.

Entry:
12.30: SELL @ 1.0224 with 1 lot
SL: 1.0233 + 10 pips + 2 pips spread = 1.0245 (never reached)
Target: 1.0214 - Successfully
Time of trade: 5 minutes

Profit: 10 pips x 1 lot x $10 per pip = $100

So, what I’ve learned today ? That I should wait for a Trend Line to Exist along with the RegChan. In first case no valid points for TL were found. So, next time I better wait for at least 2 points to trace a mini-TL to confirm with the RegChan. USD/CAD trade had a TL as a support for that range move in the morning

Thanks and Happy PIPpin’ !

Thank you for your post. I guess you lost so much money from Forex and now you’re too paranoid to accept there are efficient strategies :slight_smile: Or worst, you are too negative about your chances and that’s your end for Forex experience :slight_smile:

I wish you Harmony in trading.

Dea Pipology I expected such an answer from you but you have right I lost money on Forex but not so much bo be to negativ.
But from losing money I have learned that without a proper money management technique I am a loser in long term.
I not saying that your signals are probably bad but in this strategy neither in other presented on this site I haven’t seen a strong money management system behind the strategy
Maybe you can show us your account statement?:slight_smile:

I can see it’s difficult for anyone to learn anything from you in this here babypips-school-to-learn-forex forum where we help each other, and so is the case at FF from what I’ve read…not the most popular neighbour on the block. :rolleyes:

If anyone else is interested and doesn’t know, this is how it’s done.

In MT4, after dragging the Moving Averages indicator from the Navigator menu to the one of the other indicator windows, simply select “First Indicator’s Data” from the “Apply To” drop down menu in the Parameters tab.

Now why one would want to do this is another unanswered question!

I don’t understand why you’d make a “video” on how to move the LinReg channel, but choke at a simple request as this :confused: …oh I know… it’s publicity for the “Blog” :rolleyes:

Hi Adrianro

Pipology and others here show well-thought systems with valid entry and exit points, once you learn to filter out invalid entry / exit signals.

In most cases these systems don’t teach you how to spend you money. Rules for money management are a more subject matter depending on each individuals apetite for risk and financial capilities.

E.g. for me I play around with zero SL- I know what I do and my account doesn’t get wiped out if I lose 500 pipes:)

I suggest to test out a few systems here and build your money management rules on your own as it fit best to you and your pocket:)

best regards

Andreas

Hi AndreasF
Please tell as if you want to shere from your grate strategy how you recover a lose of 500 pips?
You are doing another trade with minimum 500 pips profit or are you doing 100 succesfull trades with 5 pips profit?
Please explain us why you don’t use stop losses?

Regards

Hi

I don’t have a ‘grate strategy’ to share since I I’m testing around,
I may be in a better financial position as the average user so I can let trades run and either have to absorb a ‘big’ loss or gain a large profit.
Either way doesn’t change my life nor my account much:)

This is not a recommended strategy- I’m playing around a bit and I know what I’m doing:)

best regards

Andreas

Hello dear friends,
Today was another great day in Forex. GBP/USD made a real move few minutes ago so here is the chart for today’s trade:

and to see a nice TL together with RegChan:

So, the signals were clear:

6.30AM GMT: Price breaks the TL and an old RegChan and also makes the 2 EMAs to cross
7.00AM GMT: Price closes bellow the recent RegChan, but MACD still Up
8.00AM GMT: Price turns the MACD down, W%R retraces above -80 level
Perfect signals.

Entry:
8.00AM GMT: Sell @ 1.9934 with 1 lot
SL: 1.9955 + 10 pips + 1 spread = 1.9965
Target: 1.9924 (reached)
Time of trade: 4 - 5 minutes

Profit: 10 pips x 1 lot x $10 per pip = $100

Thank you and happy PIPpin’ !

well, I have been testing your strategy, so far only one loss, for me it is working great.

Can you explain please if this was ok entry. It went to TP, but %R allmost crossed RSI. As I understood before it is not good to enter then.
Picture attached:

hello, I took 2 trades today, one ws a success the other no. I post the pictures of a bad trade, please coment.

First one I recognize it, it’s EUR/USD Yesterday, here is the trade:

I forgot to post it because I didn’t have time.
It happened at 6.30AM GMT and it took few minutes to reach target.

What day and time was the chart with losing trade ? It seems that you used the RegChan in a wrong way. It’s too small. A more detailed chart would help.