16 candles in the '58 edsel'

It is if your primary objective is to identify & engage with the macro trends.

But if you prefer to play via a more micro cyclical approach then engaging inside larger barrier chop can work just as efficiently, as has been demonstrated & explained previously. The template/structure allows for both options. It’s simply down to personal preference which style or styles suit you individually.

stakz & a couple others do very well using the tools presented to dial in & out of sub hourly micro trends which, when viewed from larger hourly charts, appear choppy & erratic.

Some of these intra-week high-to-low ping pong moves quite often cover 2 to 3 handles. Drilling down & taking a micro view of that activity will reveal clear, playable cyclical waves or mini trends, which can be keyed off a prior day high or low or a round number for instance.

One man’s chop is another mans trend.

One is as good as the other when they win!
Trouble is you have absolutely no idea when it’s going to fail or succeed so you try stack the probability in your favour as much as possible by using the accompanying tools (average day/week range availability…where on the map you’re looking to engage etc) to give you a fighting chance.

When you do get aboard test it out with a feeder stake first & if it begins to gain traction load up more of your bet size. If it fizzles out you haven’t burnt too much of your betting stake, if it grows legs you add to it & up your average outlay.

1 Like

Thx Dancat. Following your advice on indexes, the SP500 has been climbing in ordely way this week, once it consolidated the 2700 round number. Also today it has reacted to yesterday high and then it went up nicely (I know this has to do with Trump and trade deal hopes).
I’m trailng my stop on 15m chart, being on a nice 2.7R so far :grinning:

5 Likes

Good for you mate.

We’ll never tire of repeating to folks to use the template in sync with your own personal risk, style & comfort levels.

It really is a man for all seasons allowing you to quickly scan, identify & filter high probability opportunities across all the widely available instrument offerings, just as you’ve discovered this week.

Whatever you do don’t handcuff yourself by specializing, instead cast your net far & wide & don’t be afraid to take on unfamiliar instruments or candidates because the consistently robust structure will get you in & out safely regardless whether you execute from the micro or macro view.

3 Likes

have a great day missy (hankat-iea)
it’s the bass…it’s always the bass! :slight_smile:

It’s the drums…it’s always the drums!

no no no gentlemen, it’s all about the skooby snax!

go girl - biiiiiiiig threeeeeee ohhhhhhhhh (at last)
enjoy the snax :wink:

muchas gracias amigos

one for lil ole me…

& one for youse…

1 Like

la chica con ojos españoles
feliz cumpleaños

Great vids/music as usual.
Didn’t i read somewhere you girls & your fellow male colleagues are/were winding things down a few notches towards end of last year?

After catching their collective breathes last week, the indices are off after the hare again :slight_smile:

1 Like

You read correctly.
It’s tapering off for us personally into end of tax year, then the ship will be in the safe hands of Carll, Wyntac, Sketcher et al. Well that’s the plan anyway.

Yes, odds on mentioned as much a few posts back.
If they’re printing higher lows you don’t really want to be shorting them do you.
Leave all that stuff to the deep thinkers.

As long as you row your paddles with the tide your arms won’t ache too much! :wink:

3 Likes

Such a simple, throwaway comment yet one of the most powerful pieces of advice (that actually works consistently) i’ve taken from your work & the work of your broker colleagues on this thread also.

It took a while but the penny did finally drop about properly identifying & qualifying my set ups based on your logical price sequences. I now let more opportunities go than I take, comfortable in the knowledge the low hanging fruit will appear as it always does with regularity, occasionally more often than you can pick.

Oh how i used to stress if more than a few days went by without being able to spot a decent bet setting up :rofl:

That psychological comfort zone & confidence has come from you guys continually encouraging & drumming the message home about focusing on the simple, repeatable stuff that really matters & patiently waiting for it to roll along.

I pinch myself every week for finding your stuff & wish you all the very best for your future business endeavours.

thankee kindly young sir, appreciate it.
nice to hear you’re confident & content with the structure & profiles & that it’s generating profits for you.

we’ve held out a baton & a few of you have grabbed & run with it – that’s all the thanks that required.
keep running with it, coz you’ve got yourself one ding-a-ling of a baton!

Does Jack Mason, strobe & any of the other guys from FSR still have a tie-in with any of you guys Jos? I tried e-mailing Jack earlier in February but didn’t get a response, which is unusual as he was quite prompt in previous messages.

I think last time we messaged (last October) he was working in Cyprus with your brother?

They do sylvan yes, to varying degrees.

They’ve been experiencing intermittent issues with bet tech mail up until last thursday, but apparently all is well again. Try it now, should be back on track.

I’m sorry I’m late for the greetings, so after the party, something to chill out…

1 Like

:smile: no worries & thank you

I’d like to wish Happy Easter to everybody!

how are you guys finding the recent activity out there when attempting to apply the structure?

stats are showing a lot of folks are bleeding, some badly, trying to adapt to the mercurial pace attempting a long range game play.

Hi Laine, it is quite a choppy and low volatility environment out there. The only best performers last week were the really low volatility USD/CHF and EUR/CHF.
My system right now is as following:

• Selection of instruments on 4H TF by visual sight
  • Filtering on 4H and 1H TF with 60 SMA
  • Setup: London window’s Sotch Hook in 15m, better if it is located on round numbers, last WK/Day High/Low
  • Trade Management: my initial SL is at about 1/3 of the ATR(22) of the instrument, but it depends on the pair;
    Once into a position, I usually trail my stop under the swing low/high on 15m TF. Some time ago I used to move my SL to break even only when the pair reached about 1R in my favor (to leave it some free room and avoiding to be stopped out too soon).
    In these days I prefer to move it as soon as the position goes into my favour. This somentimes stops me out or reduce my profit but it increase my win/lose rate.
    Last week analysis was as following:
    on radar:

USD/CHF
EUR/CHF
AUD/NZD
EUR/CAD
CAD/JPY

Result:

USD/CHF +1.6R, +1.6R, +2R, +2.9R, +0.3R
EUR/CHF +1R, +0.75R, -1R, +0.4R
AUD/NZD -1R, +0.7R
EUR/CAD +0.4R, -1R
CAD/JPY +0.6R, +0.8R

In total is about +10R, having USD/CHF contributing by 8.4R.
Also without it, it could have been +1.6R, not so bad considering the actual situation.

1 Like

Unsurprisingly, a similar identification/filtering portfolio as mc297’s, which is heartening.

My primary pairs last week were follow through momentum candidates from the prior 2 weeks action, namely aud/chf & aud/nzd. They’re 2 of the lowest range pairings amongst the 28, but the aussie strength has offered very structured weekly/daily higher low moves on those 2 & that after all is the minimum criteria when setting up the bets.

I’ve also played aussie v/s sterling on the short side & continue to play euro/nzd on the long side, but mainly via intraday due to their more acceptable daily range coverage.

Although rollover pickings are definitely slimmer given the current market conditions, there are still decent pockets of value thereabouts which are illuminated very clearly by this framework. Just have to be a wee bit more patient when filtering out potential entries.

1 Like