16 candles in the '58 edsel'

don’t you just wish you were half as cool as your old fella – ‘boss on bass’ :46:

Aye, but following the result of November 8 his old fella probably wishes he had half his money.

it’s that time of year again

Y’all going home this year?
I see Pardy has finally cranked up the account this quarter.
Should be a good gig if he can get them firing on all cylinders.

Billy’s already pestering me for a large advance on the commission kickbacks as an early xmas box!!
lol

some of us.
we’re off to the west coast, pard & the others are in innsbruck, mark’s in paphos.

well he did negotiate the (end) deal.
new wheels beckon then huh? :slight_smile:
is that a 3 cheers for the fca shout-out i can hear in the distance there??!!

You matched the best of those imbalance extremes the past few weeks buddy!

Aud v/s Euro & Cad + Gold & Silver were/are also skewed & out of whack but the chart action hasn’t been anywhere near as appealing as those 3 you mentioned, so that’s pretty good filtering there.

Although the liquidity will begin to get patchy over the next week or so, it’ll still be worth sticking the instruments highlighting extreme imbalances on your radar to grab a bargain or two. The stronger participating pairings shouldn’t suffer too much excessive slippage leading into the end of next week.

Aye it is that, & it’s being followed by another 3 from the slow hand clappers!!
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-11/speediest-traders-are-becoming-less-welcome-in-currency-markets

Thanks guys for another year of very entertaining, informative & incredibly valuable content :slight_smile:
As always you’ve provided us with an eclectic mix of great music, wry humour & solid, bullsh*t free advice & direction.

Have a great xmas, enjoy the break & I for one look forward to picking up in 2017 where we’ve left off in 2016!

You’re welcome, but it takes two to tango.
The thread still has a pulse because of you guys.
We’re glad you all still find value in the content, but to be honest y’all have taken center stage this year, especially sketcher who is set up for quite a year in 2017!

Something must be registering between the ears because you’ve continued to pick up the baton, rolled up your sleeves & got to work presenting some efficient, well prepped scenarios, all based on & around the minimalist structure.

You’re proving to yourselves that a focused, fat free approach keeps you on track & avoids most of the ditches & dykes that the majority fall into.

Stay blinkered, focused & trust your intuitive instincts………& on behalf of us all, stay safe over the holidays, enjoy yourselves & ensure you maximize your potential next year because as usual, they’ll be a constant stream of fresh, easily impressionable & woefully unprepared fodder entering the arena to join the current batch who will in turn offer you multiple opportunities to continue progressing!

ditto!!
& it’s not only my betting skills that have been tweaked, honed & shaped :wink:

many thanks for all your input, encouragement, the sharing of your experience & expertise.
i join stakz in very much looking forward to kicking off next year full of confidence & in complete control of my approach thanks to you boys & girls & would like to take this opportunity in wishing you all a very happy xmas & prosperous 2017.

You posted this back in march last year & it’s gotta be worth another airing
Just hope it’s not the trigger for yet another run on quality talent…

[B]1963 - 2016[/B]

Couldn’t have said it better myself, and I do need to join Staks, Corpellan and the others in thanking you all for your input & support.

Much Health & Wealth to all of you (&us!) into 2017!

that’s the ticket!

we don’t doubt for one minute you’ll all continue to progress in a relatively stress free manner if you continue to use the disciplined 4 step template process, keep your worksheets clean & free of crap & ignore the hot air merchants & armchair experts.

keep the faith! :wink:

I hope you had a pleasant holiday season!

It may be superfluous but I am attempting to understand how markets really work at a participation level.

I seem to understand that it takes uncertainty, or diverging opinions about the future value of something, to generate exchange.

So this would lead me to believe that volatility is essentially event-risk orchestrated. And you’ve alluded to this a number of times.

In this light, is there a logical way to filter out “continuation days”?
For example, GBP took a beating after Mays speech on Sunday, so on Monday it made sense to short the thing as participants had yet to catch up and adjust positions.
But GBP remains weak across the board…The question now is: do I keep following tech setups even in the absence of more event risk or do I need to wait until there is another evident surprise?

I.n other words, when there isn’t any event risk on calendar for a given currency, is the play just to sit still?

As you may notice, all this is connected to the key question: when are odds tilted in favour of.strong unilateral flows?

If reading people and hence sentiment is the key, it would seem to me that this is a very important piece to the puzzle…But I am always available to wear the dunce hat upon request :slight_smile:

Thanks guys!

What have you noticed & derived from your observations regarding continuation probability potential when an instrument closes up near it’s session high’s or lows?

That’s why we’ve advised & recommended the use of key levels, structural bias (incl pullback/hook implementation) & average range percentages to help keep you facing the correct way & more importantly, get you out when your chosen instrument doesn’t continue; ie honoring & adhering to session highs & lows for instance.

What have you been doing up to now when there hasn’t been any event risk on the calendar yet a clear set up has emerged based on the identification & filtering process?

& what do your recorded stats tell you about your levels of success when you engage in the 2 different environments?
Does one clearly trump the other when engaging?

When a major event risk play is churning through the market.

Crowd or herd psychology & the repetitively consistent footprints it reveals is always important & is a very useful tool in the decision making process, & you have a glimpse of that via the specific & generic broker order flow stats now being generated by the various retail shops.

Obviously they’re not as deep or thorough as some in-house stuff that brokers have access to, but they still offer a snapshot of retail participation in a particular instrument at that particular juncture.

You can often see the contradictory evidence of dumb asses betting one way whilst the instrument is clearly moving in the opposite direction & you know the majority are nearly always facing the wrong way, certainly long enough for you to pick up a half decent gamble when utilising the tools we’ve presented to you.

You don’t really need to look too deeply into stuff to take money off the majority of amateur punters feeding their broker accounts on a regular basis. They hand it to you on a silver platter most of the time through their comical, hair brained strategies.

Just use the tools presented to ensure you’re filtering the higher probability bets & facing the right way when the instruments offer you a clear opportunity to identify an obvious cyclical momentum move.

Have you noticed that no matter how many different permutations of question you ask they always bounce the same answers back? :slight_smile:

It’s one of the primary reasons I love this structured framework because whatever you’re trading & whichever style you choose to adopt, there are only 4 key components to reference before deciding whether to place a bet or not.

1. Where is price in relation to last week’s high-low boundary & the nearest round number/big figure & is it still moving in a trending cycle.
  2. Where did it close last week/yesterday & is it being supported above or below its structural cycle (on pullbacks).
  3. How much of the weekly/daily range coverage is in play & available
  4. & is there anything on the docket that will aggressively impact or influence the current scenario.

And that’s pretty much it. Sure you can add in contrary positioning data from betting cos, or a stochastic or 60MA or whatever else you find valuable and helps to add confidence to your entry. However they’re not [I]required[/I] for you to build your strategy. There is no secret sauce that’s being hidden from you, it’s just a matter of identifying a bias, looking at where you are in the geography from the left of the chart and picking your value entry.

I have entered long on NZD/USD at .7250 with a buy-stop order. Is this entry something you guys took or might have taken?
(See I can tell myself 9 reasons why I should have , and I can tell myself 9 reasons why I should not have… so my confusion still continues a bit)

In some way(s) it seems inline with what you’re stating in this thread, but then in other ways, it seems to contradict what is being stated in this thread.

Thanks in advance for taking the time to respond!

Yes, that would definitely make it into the 9 good reasons [B]for[/B] triggering in my book Perch Tird.
Good luck with it.

Are you sure? because i find the pre-execution process to be very clear & straightforward.
If you dial it back to the very basic observational background filter, the first step quite clearly states that if an existing bias is in play, including long or short side pressure such as that currently highlighted on nzdusd, then you’re good to go if prior week & day’s lows haven’t been violated.

Obviously your first port of call is the prior week’s high/low boundaries, & on that pair you were well in credit because the week opened well within the top half of that action. So all that was required in order to retain it on your A list was to ensure the stair-step process of higher lows (ie; prior [B]day’s[/B] levels) was still in play & intact.

The first thing i do every day/week i open up & scroll through my selection of instruments is to check where in the picture the prior week levels are & whether the instrument is conforming to the natural cyclical cycle we’re looking for.

If it is, my next & only port of call is to check where in the picture the prior day levels are at & where within that scenario i’m looking to enter.