16 candles in the '58 edsel'

It doesn’t appear to be a common theme running through all the kiwi match-ups, only that specific regional pairing. Strange though.

Thankfully, it’s not one i’ve ever played nor ever will due it’s pitiful average daily & weekly range output.
Fortunately there are far more efficient instruments out there to attract attention than aud/nzd.

oh the nostalgia :slight_smile:

used to be a very common occurrence a few years ago, genuine or not, when the west was really wild! some brokers more than others pushed their luck rolling that dice as often as they dared.

4 Likes

Merry Christmas to everybody!

Here, here! To all my Christian friends, a Blessed Christmas!

& a merry xmas right back atcha!
enjoy the holidays everyone.

Wild wild West again on usd/chf, with thin liquidity! Thanks God I don’t trade that pair…

& the crosses.
yeah, it’s all part of the game.

keep your hand on your ha’penny & always wear a robust jock-strap :slight_smile:

…a robust jock-strap

:joy:
So far markets have been quite difficult to trade for me, no clear trending pairs these first weeks of 2019
(on the main pairs at least).
I’ve on my radar this WK USD/CAD long, NZD/JPY short, EUR/USD short on the reserve if it can stay under 1.13.
Lately I avoided GBP pairs due to too much brexit uncertainty…

The lads (sketcher/wyntac et al) have been chewing lumps out of the European & US indices this year using this template. There have been some nice wavey moves most weeks. The cycle levels (higher highs & lows/lower highs & lows, daily/weekly highs & lows etc) have not only signalled them in, but kept them seated & got them out safely when violated.

FX has been bitty & inconsistent. They’ve had to drill down & locate smaller wave moves on sub hourly views mostly on the big daily range pairings. Those are always going to offer better bang for the buck especially if you’re keying in & out of moves intraday or scaling back on rollover bets. They’ve only been averaging 1-2 rollover bet sessions compared to 4-5 during quarters 2, 3 & 4 last year.

A lot of folk don’t like punting them or don’t have the opportunity, depending on their platforms, but they offer decent odds in line with spreads & range coverage.

It’s a case of cutting your cloth accordingly & adjusting your sights until moves begin stretching out. Plus of course, look at alternative instruments such as indices, commodities, shares etc. You can overlay this specific template on anything out there.

Thank you for this info, much appreciated. I don’t usually look to them but I’ll check now.

To add;
If you dial back through the thread you’ll note where we’ve regularly prompted & commented on keeping a close beady eye your round numbers/figures when prices begin ping-ponging around in scrappy fashion with limited follow through.

You’ll get a clearer view of the field via 60 or 120 minute charts, particularly if you can get a 5-7 day view on those time graphs. If you have the horizontal round numbers plotted you’ll see how they hug the action whenever prices begin stretching out into mini-trend mode.

One chief reason being, punters like to place & trail stops around those levels & options are layered into & out of the big numbers, attracting large activity.

Use the session (day & week) highs & lows as a marker & see how often they line up with, & contain prices in close vicinity of the round numbers/figures.

One way of executing bets in tandem is to leg in on breaks below (or above) the session highs & lows & trigger below round numbers when betting the long side & above round numbers when betting the short side, so you’re attacking these important levels ahead
of that order volume.

If sufficient stop traffic is clustered & layered into & above or below these commonly punted levels you’ll get a nice ride on the short-term momentum flows as they drive prices into the dominant orders.

Quite often that momentum will catch a back draft for a few sessions & if it’s flowing into the sterling or euro crosses (via cad/aud/kiwi/swiss) it can travel 3, 4 & 5 handles very quickly before it begins to exhaust, consolidate & either continue or reverse.

Just take a look back at those cross instruments since 4th quarter 2018 as an example to see what I mean. They’ll be a lot of false dawns where you’ll pick up scraps (50-200), but when they start rolling they’ll return some pretty decent odds for your risk outlay.

Thank you Dancat. But the first stage is to look for an instrument that is moving in an orderly way (i.e. trending) and not wandering in erratic/choppy way, isn’t it?
I understand to trigger from below round numbers when looking for a Long position and the contrary for Short positions, to get some pips of advantage and having maybe time to scratch it or reduce damage if it doesn’t get boosted from the orders.
Is it the same on sessions levels (previous day/week high/low) or is it better to wait for a break and enter on pullback or take the simple breakout of that level?

It is if your primary objective is to identify & engage with the macro trends.

But if you prefer to play via a more micro cyclical approach then engaging inside larger barrier chop can work just as efficiently, as has been demonstrated & explained previously. The template/structure allows for both options. It’s simply down to personal preference which style or styles suit you individually.

stakz & a couple others do very well using the tools presented to dial in & out of sub hourly micro trends which, when viewed from larger hourly charts, appear choppy & erratic.

Some of these intra-week high-to-low ping pong moves quite often cover 2 to 3 handles. Drilling down & taking a micro view of that activity will reveal clear, playable cyclical waves or mini trends, which can be keyed off a prior day high or low or a round number for instance.

One man’s chop is another mans trend.

One is as good as the other when they win!
Trouble is you have absolutely no idea when it’s going to fail or succeed so you try stack the probability in your favour as much as possible by using the accompanying tools (average day/week range availability…where on the map you’re looking to engage etc) to give you a fighting chance.

When you do get aboard test it out with a feeder stake first & if it begins to gain traction load up more of your bet size. If it fizzles out you haven’t burnt too much of your betting stake, if it grows legs you add to it & up your average outlay.

1 Like

Thx Dancat. Following your advice on indexes, the SP500 has been climbing in ordely way this week, once it consolidated the 2700 round number. Also today it has reacted to yesterday high and then it went up nicely (I know this has to do with Trump and trade deal hopes).
I’m trailng my stop on 15m chart, being on a nice 2.7R so far :grinning:

5 Likes

Good for you mate.

We’ll never tire of repeating to folks to use the template in sync with your own personal risk, style & comfort levels.

It really is a man for all seasons allowing you to quickly scan, identify & filter high probability opportunities across all the widely available instrument offerings, just as you’ve discovered this week.

Whatever you do don’t handcuff yourself by specializing, instead cast your net far & wide & don’t be afraid to take on unfamiliar instruments or candidates because the consistently robust structure will get you in & out safely regardless whether you execute from the micro or macro view.

3 Likes

have a great day missy (hankat-iea)
it’s the bass…it’s always the bass! :slight_smile:

It’s the drums…it’s always the drums!

no no no gentlemen, it’s all about the skooby snax!

go girl - biiiiiiiig threeeeeee ohhhhhhhhh (at last)
enjoy the snax :wink:

muchas gracias amigos

one for lil ole me…

& one for youse…

1 Like

la chica con ojos españoles
feliz cumpleaños