00 round 00 numbers 00
average day/week range

prior days high & low
prior weeks high & low
prior months high & low
flow flow quick quick flow

that’s all folks!

Gday team.

Great to see ya’ll still here. Followed this thread for years and its great to see these snipets still being thrown out there

These are what I’m modeling myself on now.

But these thread has been vanilla-ized by the admin and many of the original posts, information and charts have been censored and remove. Heres one example 16 candles in the '58 edsel'

Yet this post is listed as post 89. I have to revisit posts that haven’t even posted yet :thinking: :wink:

and from the same post

The old capt has even said it hasn’t been working for him lately (2 years)

Do ya’ll still use this type of template to identify and filter opportunities and are hooks still the best way to catch fish

Bonjour,

Admin didn’t censor it, Dan (dancat) pruned it a good while back as it was sprouting in all directions & becoming unruly.

Unfortunately it coincided with the graphics & video host software application TinyPic shutting down, blanking out all the charts, pictures & video uploads, hence the reason for the somewhat chaotic looking appearance.

Fortunately the minimalistic, low fat set up template, which you’ve highlighted in your quoted reply, renders it easy to replicate on individual charting profiles. If you’ve followed the content & the guy’s posts since inception then you’ll be aware of how the information is utilised & applied.

The only peeps to apply & run it successfully from a retail angle were/are a small smattering of participants including the likes of carll, stakz, wyntac, sketcher, corpellan etc, 2 of whom continue to currently utilise it punting their own betting accounts. The other 3 have stepped up a level or two & spread their wings into different trading ventures…

The likes of us simply introduced the concept as a solid, reliable, man-for-all-seasons, consistently high performing template to help balance & counter the ridiculous overly complicated nonsense which usually gets peddled throughout these joints. Most of us are broker based/fund biased industry personnel who tagged onto Tess, Jocelyn & Jimmy’s initial foray onto the website back in 2007.

We cast a line out into the pond, sat back & observed what or who would take a nibble at it. It then escalated into a bit of a bet as to whether one or two of us could take someone from a standing start with little or no experience & put them through a fast-track learning curve resulting in fully funded, professional account based access with all the back-up trimmings.

We figured if someone could exhibit the necessary disciplines, follow & apply simple instructions, not become distracted by all the usual hype & rubbish whilst evidencing a consistently increasing live betting account, then they were worth investing time & money in.

Needless to say, the bet was won!

2 Likes

Hooks were merely a comfort blanket type visual designed to focus minds & eyes on the pullback/continuation process.

Most of the guys dropped it when they familiarised themselves with the instances/scenarios in which the set up revealed itself.

1 Like

Good weekend!

some very sad news to start the new week
one or two of you/us knew & worked with john - horrible at anytime of the year, but especially around this month of the calendar.

john bland

6 Likes
10 Likes

Have you or will another thread be started again? I missed the ride last time and the charts that helped are long gone. I’d love to have the chance to chat with those who made this thread great.

2 Likes

I second that motion.

1 Like

never say never :wink:

Most of the chart content is pretty well covered in the commentary grantyboy.

It’s a very minimal basic set up consisting of vertical daily & weekly line separators + horizonal lines highlighting each 00 level.

The vertical lines are to focus you in on prior daily, weekly & monthly highs/lows
The horizontal lines guide the eye towards directional price momentum heading into & away from the round numbers.

You’re looking for pullbacks/continuation moves backing off the round numbers & momentum pushing through them.

The commentary within the thread explains the set up & the consistent behaviour traits associated with why following such a simple, yet repeatable scenario works so well.

What strategy have you been employing since the thread ceased?

Just thought I would pop in to give this thread a little revival. Hope everyone is doing well. I interacted a bit with the original TT thread long ago. Looks like this valuable content has found it’s way to a small corner of this forum. Maybe this revival will steer one or two weary travelers in the right direction.

Been taking punts on GBP/USD a bit this year. Managed to grab a hold of a long mid March when it started pushing up through the previous week high (around 1.2100). Although it definitely had issues staying above, I managed to stay on board and have been bringing my stops beneath these rising weekly lows. I was tempted to cut and run at the big 1.2500 fig last week. Guess we will see how it pans out this week.

3 Likes

Moved my stops up a bit underneath Thursday’s low on GBP/USD (1.2478ish). Good thing, as today is sure selling off with a big range extension. Can’t say I’m too disappointed though and will be patiently waiting for a new opportunity next week.

2 Likes

regardless the instrument, this simple structure will always get you in & keep you there until it no longer holds water

sometimes it’ll keep you seated for half a day, other times you’ll still be there half a month later

good to see you’re continuing to have fun with it :wink:
keep the faith!

1 Like

Everyone’s doing just fine thank you RC
Yeah, i remember your I.D from way back :slight_smile:
I’m really pleased you’ve managed to navigate the markets using the tools for so long.
As Jay say’s, it’s a timeless structure that will continue to offer up decent returns as long as volatility drives prices.

Nice to see some familiar lines on your graphs :wink: