2-year backtest EURUSD, 300 pips/month

zulutrade is something etoro? i never heard about zulutrade … is like copy profesional trader trade to us? thanks for your information hehe

We developed most insane backtests ever seen ourselves this weekend.

On EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDCHF… same result. We still have to test other pairs. (AUDUSD, EURCHF, GBPCHF, etc.)
Strategy does not work on -JPY pairs. (more volatile pairs)

Great success on normal ranged pairs:

Monday we will start live trading with pairs tested.
Other pairs will follow. :slight_smile:

We managed to scale up the avg pips trade towards 9 pips instead of 5 pips in picture above.
In a couple of hours backtests are finished 9 pips/trade. 6x 2years tested.

Newz & Backtests | PipShip

AUDCHF backtest 2 years (30 june 2011-30 june 2013)

MaxDD = 174 pips. (max 6 positions in)
SL = 60 pips.
Avg profit trade = 9 pips.
Number of trades = 81.
Total profit 24 months trading AUDCHF: 710 pips.
No trading over weekend.
Spread incl.

EURUSD backtest 2year:

MaxDD = 100 pips. (max 6 positions in)
SL = 60 pips.
Avg profit trade = 8 pips.
Number of trades = 57.
Total profit 24 months trading EURUSD: 472 pips.
No trading over weekend.
Spread incl.

EURCHF backtest 2year:

MaxDD = 44 pips. (max 6 positions in)
SL = 60 pips.
Avg profit trade = 7 pips.
Number of trades = 45.
Total profit 24 months trading EURCHF: 334 pips.
No trading over weekend.
Spread incl.

Exactly - copying professional traders. Check the video and see for yourself as well : What Is ZuluTrade? - YouTube
As if it is the same with etoro- I would say no! I have tried both, and etoro is simply not stable. I lost my trading account within one week.

Hello there, do you think 24 months is quite too long period time for a back-test? How are you going to be sure that this will stand in the future?

I don’t think that there will be an assurance at all. Maybe just a a percentage assumption I think.

wow sorry to hear that… i think is better to learn,train and trade ourselves rather than copying … if get signal tips still ok cos can control the lot size

Unfortunatelly my friend, I have tried to earn a lot over the years manually, and all failed. Not even beginner’s luck - i think i managed like one trade all in all. So this is why I autotrade !

Hi Pipship,

When are you going to start providing signals again, and what will your new handle be on ZuluTrade?

Thus far, I clicked on a link from your website and got Pipship1, which is now in my portfolio…we want to be ready when you are, thanks!

I think I remember he said he will not going to be back! He was through with zulutrade. Or I misread?

Dima,

If you go to PipShip’s website and click on PipShip1 (SP Performance), it directs you to ZuluTrade’s website, so it appears PipShip is still involved at some level with ZuluTrade. I’d hope for the sake of the small account traders, that they would consider providing signals through ZuluTrade again. Alternatively, maybe they can work out a PAMM or similar service for a smaller investment than $10,000.00 USD.

If not, I am still appreciative of the education provided on their website. It has helped me to focus more on risk rather than get caught up emotionally in the REWARD…tough to do, but at least the seed has been planted. Build up some profits, and permit yourself to increase the risk as profits increase so that eventually, you are only risking a percentage of your profits = Capital Preservation.

We now also see fantastic results trading the EURJPY and GBPJPY pair. 300 pips a month with only max trade in is 2. Trading with more than one position, then the second position will be opened in the opposite direction. (Long position in, then second trade in will be short) (Short position in, then second trade in will be long). This will lower the total amount of drawdown of the strategy. Now we are able to gain 300 pips a month with max 300 (one trade) drawdown. Avg pips/trade is above 10 pips. (finally!) And making enough entries each month to gain 300 pips.

This weekend: we will test the -JPY pairs. Next week: trading.

Up to date news pipship.com: Newz & Backtests | PipShip

Thank you all for the comments made in this forum so far.

We had to finish our strategy (programming and testing)
Some problems with too low amount of entries when trading really safe or too low amount of pips/trade.

We fixed this problem. We will start trading by next week. (zulutrade)
Continue to hold this strategy for the next calander year.

Before januari you are able to judge the first trades. By additional backtests we hope we are able to present a clear picture of the performance (-300/300)

Cool.

Looking forward to it, and thank you for the clarification!

Backtest EURUSD is on 20%. The test will be finished tomorrow morning…
Good results for EURUSD. We will start trading tomorrow the EURUSD pair.
Other pairs will follow in live trading server when tested.

Current backtests are now performed with codes we will use the next year.
The trading script has been handed over to our trading crew.
Now developers (me and…) will only concertrate on backtesting and telling our trading crew which pairs to trade.

We will start with the EURUSD pair. Truly amazing results…
Max 6 trades open. 100 pips preset stoploss used.
DDmax/montly performance numbers expected: -600/600.
Full backtest will be uploaded tomorrow when finished.

Preview:

More info and up to date news: Newz & Backtests | PipShip

Nice numbers right there buddy. Is it possible to copy how you trade?

yeah he is on zulutrade. You can find him there and copy all his trades !

First 2 year backtest has been completed. (still 15 currencies to go)

Exact details: EURUSD | PipShip