2-year backtest EURUSD, 300 pips/month

The backtest of GBPUSD looks less promissing… Positive trades are being eaten away by the negative trades we have to close to limit risk. This will not become a pair to trade by our strategy.

We will continue with testing the AUSUSD pair.

The cable is volatile and will be more, from what you guys are commenting on.
I think you should stick on less affected pairs and low risk trading. pipship hows zulutrade trading treating you? happy with what you are getting? followers and all?

[B]Due to some less promising results of backtests, we still had to make some changes in the strategy. We were able to do some improvements. As a result were able to lower the stoploss to 50 pips. (max 6 trades open) The MaxDD/performance ratio will by far better. New backtests will be uploaded when finished.
Because we now have to retest all pairs we will start trading by 1 jan 2014.
We guarantee that we will be fully operational at that time.[/B]

[B]Now codes are almost completed. We will do some short backtests this week to make final improvements before calculating 2year backtests for all major pairs. We will maybe make a couple of trades to check the signal next week. By 1 jan 2014 we will go full steam ahead![/B]

Eddy, zulutrade users do have very small accounts. So we are earning not that much as we hoped for. On the other hand, the commission rate is a bit low compaired to the real hedgefund and SP market. (20% of profit is perf fee and 1% of capital is management fee) Zulu is about 5-10% perf fee. With very low volumes of accounts it is hard to attract real professionals to zulutrade. So zulutrade is still a playground for wannebee SP pro’s. Unfortunately consumers do not have access to real pro’s. (too small account) Trading firms/institutional firms do make the real money.

2014, I hope to see as many follwers as in 2013. (>1000) At the end managing a couple of millions again.

I had my doubts about the strategy the final two months trading in 2013. (sept/nov) That’s also why I also made propositions to the trading crew at a emotional base. (very wrong!) One of the lessons I learned is that I have to be 100% certain about the strategy, otherwise I become stressed because I feel responsible for the millions invested and I’m not capable of handling comments at the right way. I’m not seeing the picture clear and I’m making the wrong decisions.

I have to make the right decisions when I’m totally relaxed. (not managing millions, 1000 followers making comments etc.) I have to write them down in formula’s. To programme the whole system. The system has to be able to do it’s work 100% automated. And I have to be 100% certain about the codes to not feel any stress. Otherwise I’m not sleeping well. And that’s eventually breaking me up. Trading with a FIXED set of codes and fully tested. So that’s what I’m doing at the moment.

By the test results I have seen now, I’m almost 99% sure. I need to see the results of some other pairs first to feel 100% certain. Then I have to compair them to get the best mix. Then I’m 100% sure I did everyting I could to trade safe and I do not feel any stress managing millions. I’m able to sleep well :slight_smile: This is the only way I’m able to manage millions of dollars the right way.

Previous Newz messages at the website:

(19 december 2013)

We will only make a couple of trades this year to see if the signal works oke. Due to the low amount days left for the end of the year, we prefer to start trading by 1 jan 2014 when all pairs are fully tested. We guarantee we will be fully operational at that time. The account name has been changed to a random name. Zulutrade says this is might related to technical problems of a recent update of their system. The name will be changed back to ‘PipShip ELITE’. Backtests for other pairs will follow.

———-

(18 december 2013)

We see the market profile changing during the 2 year testperiod. First year a different approach is more succesfull. The second year the programmed strategy is more succesfull. Therefore we decided to use a more recent interval; 1 jan 2011 till today and still… we had to make some changes. Now we see also perfect test results for GBPUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD etc. They have been added to the live server. On the other hand, it’s almost christmas. We think real profitable trading will start next year.

I see pipship!! Markets are quite volatile lately, I would say!
even read somewhere that after Christmas will go crazy right?

Start 2014, we will go crazy… I’m now testing EURUSD and GBPUSD. Entry is ok, exit is ok, amount of positions is ok, stoploss is ok, limiter is ok, exit formula is ok. To keep in the range of -150 DD we are now making 6-7 pips/trade.

It seems that no changes are needed in the codes anymore. So we are now testing all pairs to decide what pairs to trade.

Perfect!!! Cant wait for that! .
I’m glad you sorted your trading strategy off.

Tomorrow we will start trading our new strategy.
5-7 pips/trade.
(-300/300) (yearly maxDD/perf month)
STOPLOSS = 50 pips.
Trading six major pairs.
NO TRADING OVER WEEKEND.

Finally we are able to trust our system by doing backtest and by trying to squeeze out more pips and performance. We think a better perf/risk ratio is almost not possible. (20% month with max 6% risk)

So were are not encouraged to experiment with the parameters to get a better performance.
Then -> SYSTEM IF FULLY AUTOMATIC.
NO INVENTIONS NEEDED -> STANDARDISATION -> ACCURATE FUTURE PERFORMANCE.

FUTURE PERFORMANCE IS? -> BACKTEST.

Final backtest now available for EURUSD:

We still added an ATR filter. Therefore we are able to give more space to the limiter guarding the trades.

New backtest EURUSD:

EURUSD | PipShip

Result:

Even better MAXDD / perf trade ratio:

MaxDD = -203 pips. (max 6 positions in)
SL = 60 pips. (60,50,40,30,20,10)
Avg profit trade = 6.0 pips. (excl spread: 8.0)
Number of trades = 180.
Total profit 24 months trading EURUSD: 1082 pips.

TESTS for GBPUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCAD, USDCHF are now being calculated.

We started trading 30th of dec …
ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - Trader1090651

Again a new backtest has been finished.
The pair of AUDUSD (now testing GBPUSD)

avg return will be 4-5 pips incl spread (6-7 excl.) (seeing the result of EURUSD and first results on GBPUSD)

Our semi-scalp strategy on AUDUSD:

AUDUSD | PipShip

Backtest GBPUSD has been finished:

To prevent ourselves from a major hit of the stoploss we have to cut losses and wins early. Therefore the number of pips/trade is somewhat low. On the other hand, hitting the stoploss multiple times is far more costly.

GBPUSD | PipShip

The USDCHF backtest has also been finished:

USDCHF | PipShip

very good results, I would say! But again USDCHF is not thaaaat volatile :wink:

He Eddy, what do you mean with USDCHF is not that volatile?
I think you mean that again we are trading on stable currencies. (like you mentioned in your previous message)

We would like to trade only majors.
(if also good test results on crosses, maybe also crosses, but first we want to study the possibility of a second EA)
95% of the time there is no trade open, so we still have a lot of time to trade with a second EA.
The EA active at the moment only trades after the move of the day. Only eating a couple of pips before the trend continues or changes in a new countertrend move. The EA is very similair to our previous EA. (also 60 pips SL) Martingale etc.

We are now doing research to the possibility of trading during the large trend move (instead of waiting for pullback, trading on second trend wave)

Another possibility could be trading on countertrend. (but this is trading against the main trend) No problem with small trades and tight SL.

Hopefully were are able to build a second EA with equal strenght like the one active right now.
ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - PipShip ELITE

The summary of all backtests calculated for the year 2012 and 2013:

4-5 pips/trade, MaxDD of +/-200 pips.

By not volatile I meant stable currencies.
trading during the large trend move might bring volatility especially on the cable pair, how do you think you will manage this?
Regardless, backtest results seem amazing! wish you to get even more pips, as you put quite an effort into your work, it shows. How’s your zulutrade account going on, btw?

He eddy,

Zuluaccount is going quite good actually. First 200.000 dollars in.
First 100 pips made… :slight_smile:

And today…

EA2 HAS BEEN FINISHED.

Also the second EA trades after large trend move. So no added drawdown. (DD of tests still the same)
On the other hand, this EA has far higher performance rate. (about 9-10 pips/trade) This will give a huge boost to the whole performance/risk rate of both EA’s.

(14 januruari 2014)

Combined EA1 and EA2 has been finished. At the moment: testing all 6 currencies.
EA2 has 3 times higher pips/trade number. Therefore we will trade next month (febr 2014) with double amount of entries AND double amount of pips/trade = 4 times better performance.

First backtest EA1 EA2 combined on GBPUSD has been finished.

(LIVE TRADING 1 FEBR 2014)

1 jan 2012 - 1 jan 2014 GBPUSD:

MaxDD = 195 pips. (max 6 positions in)
SL = 60 pips.
Avg profit trade = 5.7 pips. (7.7 pips excl. spread)
Number of trades = 233.
Total profit 24 months trading GBPUSD: 1325 pips.
No trading over weekend.
Spread incl. (2.0)

glad to hear that!
Perfect, so you get to trade with EAs even two of them! Glad, will spread the news and start follow you as well :wink:

Still a few filters have been added to boost the pips/trade number:

1 jan 2012 - 1 jan 2014 GBPUSD:

MaxDD = 195 pips. (max 6 positions in)
SL = 60 pips.
Avg profit trade = 9.3 pips. (11.3 pips excl. spread)
Number of trades = 149.
Total profit 24 months trading GBPUSD: 1379 pips.
No trading over weekend.
Spread incl. (2.0)

NEW EA2 LIVE Trading by 1 febr 2014.

GBPUSD2 | PipShip

ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - PipShip ELITE

To do list for PipShip Team month januari 2014 (extra):

• TEST currencies EURUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCHF with same EA2. (programmers)
  • Publish test results following two weeks. (webdesigner)
  • START TRADING with EA2 by 1 febr 2014. (trader)

3.3% ROI in January, not bad not bad at, friend! I am adding you to my demo account.

(14 januruari 2014)

Dear investors, the testing of the new EA has almost been finished by our programmers. Sunday evening, the codes will be handed over to our controller/trader. When programming the 2nd EA, we discovered a way to find high probability countertrend setups. Our programmers will continue improving the PipShip Trading System (maybe by 3rd countertrend EA). We will monitor our system in shifts as a team from now on. This was only a warming up… Please visit our website for the latest backtests. Hold on DDmax/monthly performance = -300/300. Start: 0.2 miniLots/$1000. Month2: 0.4 miniLots/$1000. Month3 and beyond: 0.6 miniLots/$1000. Max Risk EVER = 6%. Monthly Return = 20%. Yours Sincerely, The PipShip Team