2-year backtest EURUSD, 300 pips/month

And how is this new EAs going to affect your zulutrade account?

If you do not mind me asking, did you use the 2012-2013 data to develop the strategy?

How is this going to affect the zulu account?

Excellent question. The performance will increase to 150 pips/month (only trading EA2)
MaxDD will be 200 pips. Advise to use -300 pips.
Instead of 3 pips/trade at the moment, we will earn about 7-8 pips/trade.

Another trend EA will be made by our programmers. (we still have not used very good custom indicator combined in formula scripts not trading live)

Another countertrend EA will be made. (we found a way to find 95% probability counter trend setups using current trend entries, but overtrading them (by using too large TP). Then the EA will trade at the end of the major trend swing, just before continuation or turn of major trend. (= countertrend)

Another out-break EA. We found a nice way to spot outbreaks. This will give some extra profit above the 300 pips month ratio.

Thank you for asking.

We do use multiple strategies: -Trend, countertrend, outbreak. Then we are able to spread the risk and we are able to trade almost at any time.

At the moment the EA2 has been finished and is trading LIVE. (trendfollowing)
This EA has been made and tested using the data:
1 jan 2012 till today. So we used most recent data.
We used most recent 2 year 1 minute data of EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCHF.

We will also test (if time available on servers) if the EA2 works on crosses like EURGBP, EURCHF, GBPCHF, AUDCHF, AUDNZD, AUDCAD, CADCHF.

-JPY will not be used because we think those pairs are to volatile.

Hopefully we are able to finish another EA this month. (countertrend/outbreak or another trend EA)

Result backtest 2 years EA2:

EURUSD:

GBPUSD:

AUDUSD:

NZDUSD:

USDCHF:

Newz & Backtests | PipShip

Next? Development EA3 (trend, countertrend or breakout)
Current Status: Research breakout.

I like you results! Lets almost see putting these into practice! :wink:
Happy pipping!

[B]Traders, beware!!!
[/B]

This PipShip zulu trade account is [B]not their first one![/B] The previous accounts went bust and subsequently have been disabled by PipShip so you are not able to see them anymore on zulutrate website.

Names of their other zulutrade accounts (now disabled)
[ul]
[li]PipShip ELITE
[/li][li]PipShip Small Stop
[/li][li]PipShip 25SL
[/li][li]Pip Ship 24h
[/li][li]…
[/li][/ul]
Read this for more details, from zulutrade forums
[I]
"Another (Pip)ship has failed

Postby ALP838037F » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:30 am
Zulutrade has become for me an abject lesson in why so many of us fail at trading and why so many of us lose money all the time. This week we have another example of how people get sucked in by bells and whistles and stop using their heads.[B] SP Pipship had managed to attract around $1.9m in trading funds through steady but not spectacular trading from June 13 through Sep 13. October was a little unsteady but November has been a disaster with the SP now at 90 pips profit from an all time high of 1686 pips won[/B]. I am sure that many people only got on board this ship around September and have been cleaned out with the the poor performance in November
…[/I]

Another hero in town…

the SP now at 90 pips profit from an all time high of 1686 pips won = not true…

1686 pips have been earned with the previous pipship account…
No more than 300 pips can be lost.
We always advice you to use a stop of -300 pips. (see website)
All followers have been disabled when reaching this range.

Trading is OF COURSE not without risks…

PipShip Small Stop
PipShip 25SL
Pip Ship 24h
= all demo account, no followers invested money.

Every half a year, year, two years… a robot dies…
Nothing can be done about this fact. One wrong decision by our team, newz newz and newz and the market pulls away our orders, changing market profile etc.

Therefore we advice you to use a stop of -300 and to use proper money management!
By making 300 pips each month still serious profits can be made.

At our website we do name the following:

(26 november 2013)

Dear investors,

We made the mistake to trade a more volatile pair with same strategy parameters (normally trading less volatile pairs) Therefore we desided to stop trading, first analysing all pairs with backtests. After disabling all followers, we tried to end the previous month with positive end result by trading manual short on eurusd to safe our commisions. Unfortunately, november wasn’t our month either.

The previous weeks we separeted our company in two parts: strategy development and live trading. Development will only take place before live trading. Only our trader will be able to control our trading server. Programmers will only be able to log in on development and test servers. By both trading EURAUD and letting go the stoploss (only using the exitformula, making a change in the strategy) the previous event was able to happen.

Two EA’s have been developed both trading in one account (PipShip ELITE). Investments have been made to analyse historic data ten times faster.

Yours sincerely,

The PipShip Team

EA3 has been finished by our programmers.

First backtest:

AUDUSD recent 2 years:

If that’s the case I think it shouldn’t be a problem for you to reenable your previous zulutrade account so we can see the trading record?

Second backtest NZDUSD…

EA3 etc. etc.

After hitting our range we went short manual to safe our commissions.
After disabling all followers!
We gambled with a probability of 50% to safe commisions. Unfortunately we lost.
Thats why we started over with a new account and closed the previous account.
21th of november 2013 all followers were disconnected from the account. Followers were able to gain +/- 1200 pips in 5 months of trading.

Of course we hope our new robot or strategy will last longer because we tested our strategy at all currencies for the recent 2 years tickbased. The first PipShip strategy was only tested at EURUSD.

As named in previous messages we made a mistake. We made the mistake to trade a more volatile pair with same strategy parameters (normally trading less volatile pairs) By both trading EURAUD and letting go the stoploss (only using the exitformula, making a change in the strategy) the previous event was able to happen. Therefore we separeted our company in two parts: strategy development and live trading. Development will only take place before live trading. Only our trader will be able to control our trading server. Programmers will only be able to log in on development and test servers. Now two EA’s have been developed both trading in one account (PipShip ELITE) and investments have been made to analyse historic data ten times faster.

mmm, afterall, you were too much ado about nothing.
Man, I think you better concentrate on your trading than on writing and on backtesting. But it’s ok, mistakes DO happen, account do loose money, as well as strategies reverse.
Good for zulutrade that make options for followers to protect the accounts in cases like this.

Backtesting is the mother of automated trading…
Concentrate on trading… mmmh, I do understand what you are saying… you want us to perform, right!
Februari we will!

Well, the assembling of the 3 separated EA’s into one huge EA has been done by our team!

Copied from our website:

‘’’’’‘We managed to assemble all the separted EA’s into one large EA containing all formula’s. (above) From now on we will be ‘The Schumacher’ of automated trading worldwide. Mainly we did not focus on short term high risk performance, but the 2 year backtest without large drawdowns proves that we espacially focused on long term performance. First backtest on EURUSD of all EA’s integrated: EURUSD (link will be available 26 januari 2014!!! = tomorrow backtest finished)’’’’’’

Read more : Newz & Backtests | PipShip

600 in 6 months on EURUSD = +/- 2400 pips in 2 years trading. We do trade on 5 currencies (EURUSD, GBPUSD, AUDUSD, NZDUSD, USDCHF) Without overlay we then earn 12000 pips / 2 years and maxDD = -200 pips.
So 6000 pips a year maxDD 200 pips. Of course there will be overlay. About half the trades will not be activated because orders are already in the market. Let’s say about half of the backtested orders will be entered. Then we will make 3000 pips a year. (6-8 pips / trade) (maxDD = -200 pips) Then we will earn about 300 pips / month and maxDD = -200 pips.
We advice our investers to use the ratio 300/-300. (Absolute Stop zulu guard is -300 pips) Then by scaling up the first 2 months 20% a month can be made with max risk of 6% on original capital. (garanteed stop = 6% Zuluguard) Of course there will be good and bad months. Months with little profit and month with good profit.

A preview of the first 6 months calculated at the moment:
(we worked two months on this EA as a team)

First 6 months EURUSD (start: 1 jan 2012) (+/- 600 pips)
(at one of our test servers)

Yesterday we started trading with the 3 separed EA’s … (monday we will use the integrated EA)
but already $150.000 dollars in…
(without the real live performance yet available)

LIVE ACCOUNT : ZuluTrade - Signal Provider Performance - PipShip ELITE

We had to let go some of the trades but very good end result test of all 3 EA’s together:

EURUSD5 | PipShip

Back testing is the mother of automated trading? I laughed so hard at that. A WFO test would have been better. I do wish you well but do temper your expectations, running an EA on the same data it was optimised on will give you too much of a good picture.

I think you don’t know anything about forex.

I do have 5 months of real live data. There is no difference.

LoL … I know nothing about trading?
Anyways 5 months of real live data? Can you explain that part? I might learn something from that.

Another backtest of EURUSD and GBPUSD 2 years trading:

3 EA’s integrated into one huge EA…
final parameter settings for live trading (start trading this midnight)

EURUSD:

MaxDD = -213 pips. (max 6 positions in)
SL = 60 pips.
Avg profit trade = 6.8 pips. (excl spread: 8.8)
Number of trades = 108.
Total profit 24 months trading EURUSD: 730 pips.
No trading over weekend.
Spread incl. (2.0)

GBPUSD:

MaxDD = 187 pips. (max 6 positions in)
SL = 60 pips.
Avg profit trade = 7.0 pips. (9.0 pips excl. spread)
Number of trades = 158.
Total profit 24 months trading GBPUSD: 1102 pips.
No trading over weekend.
Spread incl. (2.0)

Now we still have to calculate:

AUDUSD
NZDUSD
USDCHF
USDCAD
EURCHF
GBPCHF
AUDCHF
CADCHF
AUDCAD
EURGBP
AUDNZD

We are trading live all majors.
Decision for trading possible crossed pairs depends on outcome backtest.

I attached two files of backtest data.
And one file 5 months real data.

Please try to compaire the pips/trade number, performance number and maxDD number.
(6-7 pips trade, maxDD = 300 pips, performance is 300 pips/month)

You will see there is no difference between pipship’s REAL performance and backtest of EA pipship.
We are able to trade LIVE with same performance as backtests.

Backtest data:

EURUSD5 | PipShip
GBPUSD5 | PipShip

LIVE data:

LIVEDATA | PipShip

I’m not able to attach a htm or excell file so I made a new link at the website.

Performance of the LIVE data is somewhat higher (8.1 pips trade, but 224 DD in just 5 months) (final DD hitting the -300 range was a mistake of our team to trade more volatile currencies, real damn stupid mistake) Now we hope to earn 6-7 pips/trade. We lowered the performance to add to stabililty.

Of course there is also a difference between the max amount of trades used. (3 max vs 6 positions in) Because we use a martingale system with max range 60 pips the difference is not that big. It would certainly be a difference when we used the extra 3 trades on a different pair. (more pips to lose because new ranges of 60 stoploss) Thats not the case. Martingale system of 6 trades 60SL instead of 3 trades 60SL does help to lower the swings in performance.