2-year backtest EURUSD, 300 pips/month

We see that USDCHF, NZDUSD and AUDUSD do give somewhat less entries than EURUSD and GBPUSD.
So it seems very likely we need to use crossed pairs as well to gain 3600 pips a year.

When using all majors we expect to earn close to 3000 pips on a two year basis. So we need to double the amount of pairs. The overlap of trades seems not that problematic. We stay cool waiting for all backtest results.

USDCHF:

Interesting position!! Same strategy on the zulutrade account as well?
What about results?

Of course we use this strategy for zulutrade and PipShip ELITE.
Because of variation after trading just one month nothing can be said about the results. (150 pips at the moment)
(trading with 2 of 5 EA’s active)
We still want to add EA’s because we do have enough time left for other entries besides this strategy as well.

At the moment 2 of 5 EA’s are trading, next week 3 of 5. We almost finished all backtest of the 3rd EA.
Then in the fourth EA will be fully tested.
Second EA is not working at the desired performance level. We will try to add another EA for the second EA.

Then we will have 5 EA’s working with performance of 300 pips/month. :slight_smile:

Newz & Backtests | PipShip

Perfect!! btw, I like your blog, its pretty informative. Why don’t you advertise it on zulutrade forum as well? I am sure more followers would like to benefit from it.

Yes YEs YEEEEEEEEES

100 pips in just 2 days…
EA’s working above expectation…

Our system:

Too many charts. So we had to make each chart window very small…
Now i can not see the charts anymore :slight_smile:
No problem!
System works completely blind… :slight_smile:

Almost all backtests finished: Newz & Backtests | PipShip

Account going up like hell…
(finally after designing 4 EA’s from mid november 2013 till start febr 2014)

History":

https://www.zulutrade.com/trader/197975

Wow!! Not bad results !!! well done!! you have also 52 followers!
small but stead gains, keep on doing the good work!

Just look at USD these days guys, it’s going stronger. Anyone else notice that?

Not really. But again I am not trading myself, will check what’s my zulturade traders are doing. To tell you the truth, I dont really mind what they are trading should they be actually giving me winning pips.

so people, how much have you made out of this guy pipship guy?
Is it actually as good as they say to be?

That’s his current stat:

highest:

Profit made from following this trader
AAA1066721F

$55
[AAAFx]
AAA1106652F

$16
[AAAFx]
AAA1032124F

$2

Lowest:
[Alpari UK] ALP1071828F -214.5 -$628
[AAAFx] AAA1054585F 8.9 -$249
[AAAFx] AAA1101083F -149.5 -$118
[ActivTrades] ACT1134659F -109 -$116
[Alpari UK] ALP1105348F -169.1 -$87

Oh that’s not that good, at all, I feel sorry for those that have lost. They should have zuluguarded for sure!

About 400 pips in 2 months trading.
I think it could be somewhat better.

To improve the system, start march 2014, we will use SL = 40 and trade max in = 4 instead of SL = 60 and trade max in = 6. Another parameter has been corrected to stabilize the system.
To increase the pips/trade number and to garantee the maxDD = -300 pips number.
I think normally we will do 5 pips/trade. But I just want to be sure we are making enough profit each trade.

By correcting this second parameter more trend is needed for each entry. The number of entries will drop, making the entries left more safe. A great number of pips now is lost by false entries. By using a martingale system the probability of making a win trade needs to be as high as possible. (>90%) Now we are at about 70%.

Hopefully next months we will gain 300 pips/month again.

PipShipper.

Chart has to be more stable!

Very nice results, friend! Very nice results! you also’ve got 41 live followers - not bad at all :slight_smile: how much did they earn with you?

his current stat:

[B]top 5
[/B]
ALP1071828F 258.3 $799
[AAAFx] AAA1066721F 116.1 $47
[FXCM UK] FXCM1048637F 153.6 $33
[FXCM UK] FXCM1005650F 98.1 $10
[Alpari UK] ALP1133259F 3 $0

[B]
Worst 5[/B]

[AAAFx] AAA1054585F 52.6 -$453
[AAAFx] AAA1101083F -149.5 -$119
[GAIN UK] GAIN913038F -286 -$104
[Alpari UK] ALP1105348F -169.1 -$87
[ActivTrades] ACT1134659F -68.3 -$76

Having lost $800 with him in the last 2 days lets clarify a few things. His total pips is not 400, it’s 174. in the last 2 days he has lost around 400 pips. He has broken multiple rules that he had set for himself: Max stop loss, opening multiple trades at the same time, not having an automated system- over the past few days his trading style has changed completely from what it was a few months back. Up until recently he was opening a few trades/ week, since wednesday he has opened 29 trades! He said previously he would not open any trades late friday afternoon before the close yet there are two positions that have been opened. He has clearly tried to gather as many commissions as possible because he’s going bust. Every time he loses hundreds of pips in a day or two, he’s always fixing a parameter- is your followers money worthless that you have to use us as guinea pigs?. Rather then giving us your generic rubbish, how about you actually answer the questions. There are many questions on the zulutrade forum which need answering. If you don’t answer all truthfully then watch how your numbers diminish over the weekend- it certainly wont just be me leaving.

btw:the person who has made $799 has long disabled him- he was fortunate enough to get out before this disaster. Reason im positing this here is because I don’t want others to be fooled by his propaganda

Previous 2 days our systems went into a mess.
While our server was not being controlled by one of our team (because we do not trade after 1600 friday night) … the system still made a new entry… exits where not carried out… entries in up-trend… etc. etc.
A complete mess…
(still profit this month, but loss of almost all profits this month)

This weekend. We are working on it.

The system has been corrected. (bugs causing the mess of friday)
Well it wasn’t the system creating this mess. We scaled our history towards 10.000 minutes instead of 20.000 we are normally using. (because the system became very slow when market was in high volatility, a lot of ticks to calculate in same amount of time) By lowering the amount of minutes displayed by our system, the system continued to work faster. But one of our indicators used a time scale of >10.000. That caused an error in one of our indicators -> no values in indicator -> entry in uptrend… Exits were not carried out of error in indicator etc. First weeks the system worked fine. I though everything was oke. But friday…

We stopped the system end of friday. Causing a huge loss of pips in only two days. I’m very sorry!
Before friday (my previous message) we saw that some things could be improved. So we made a few changes.
Now we are doing backtests to see the impact of the changes we made.

We will use 20.000 again, but now the system also have to be less complex.
Thats what we are also changing right now.

I’m reading some posts… Euhm well…
Lost lost lost… well you won $800,-- before losing 800,-- again. I’m sorry.
I’m doing my best at the moment to make next months a success for everyone including our team.

----Before start trading march 2014-----(end of sunday), 2-year-backtests of EURUSD and GBPUSD (jan 2012 -> today) will be published with current changes made in strategy at Newz & Backtests | PipShip.

I just need a few more days…

I’m able to present a preview of jan 2012 - march 2012 EURUSD (5% of 2x 2year backtests)

300pips/month? Not sure but is this sustainable?

First and foremost:

“I’m reading some posts… [B]Euhm well…[/B]
[B]Lost lost lost[/B]… well you won $800,-- before losing 800,-- again. I’m sorry.”
-Doesn’t sound like you’re sorry, very patronising as well.

You’ve answered my concern: this is not the same system it was several months ago, very different. You took a few weeks off around christmas time stating you were optimising the system on other currencies + doing backtests. What you are suggesting now is this is a new system. The only reason you currently have any followers is because of your previous pipship account, it has little to do with this current performance of yours. We asked you not to use us as guinea pigs and that’s exactly what you’ve done.

Your focussing on friday as if that was the only day your system made mistakes- that is not correct. On the 26th I left a message questioning whether the strategy had changed. You had plenty of warning to disable the system or correct the indicator, yet you did nothing.

This has been a very profitable week for you and your team, you’ve opened up so many positions the commissions have certainly made it worthwhile.

" FIXED 100% automated strategy from day 1"- Again a big lie. Your system is clearly not [U]fixed[/U] if you’re still working on changing indicators/ optimising it.

You admitted before Friday changes were made- if that’s the case then why would you allow the system to remain open before completing backtests?

My knowledge about forex is very limited (as will be the case for most of your followers as well). So where you talk about the technicalities of the errors made is something that’s beyond me. You could have explained that in lay terms but I suspect you’re trying to bury it all in language you know most your target market would not understand.

I truly believed you were the only one on zulutrade who’d be able to make a profit longterm. You may have lost me as a follower (not a big deal) but more importantly you’ve tarnished your reputation.

I’d like to continue following you but i’m really not sure anymore. It may well be time to take a step back

Interesting. I’m not familiar with zulutrade, but from what I’ve read, signal providers receive a fee from opening trades rather than from performance? Or am I wrong? Sounds like a conflict of interest to me.

I’ll try to explain this as soon as possible.

He says that the system is still in profit but if you see stats on his zulutrade page is says[B] “Average pips/trade: 1 pip”.[/B] Can this possibly work when you add spread and comissions? No. That’s why [B]only 5 of his followers are in profit[/B].

The question is, how do you think he makes money, and why is he advertising something that is not ready, not proven and works only in backtest?