2012 Forex Goals, Targets, Dreams and for some... a Bucket List

My goal is simple, consistent profitability.

Been too busy the past few weeks (due to family, holidays &c) to mess with forex but am close to back, and can’t resist answering this thread.

2012 forex goals:

Simply building skill. No rush. 2013 or 2014 also fine. This is the ‘slow’ way to go fast. Hey, I could lose a small fortune learning to get good, or, I can take my sweet time at getting really good and then start trading significant money. Better result, mmm? I may get a 100 USD live account this year and dip a toe into real money (penny) trading.

As for the Ninja 750R still in my garage (1990 model, custom all~black paint, never dropped, nitroused, wheeeee!) ~ I may start riding it again one day, but nowadays am hauling kids around. Put a zillion miles on it back in the day; it’s proof that something with clear high consequence risk can be managed safely and sanely if you take your time and approach things right. But like trading, there is a time to stay “out of the market” with motorcycles so to speak, and manage the risk. Not going to haul a kid to school on it and play those odds… too much traffic around here.

Im surprised Buckscoder hasn’t come in and said Sharks with FRICKIN LAZER BEAMS attached to their heads.

It would be my 4th year of trading. :rolleyes: I feel years have come so quick.

So, my goal is to decrease or eliminate “stupid” entries executed mostly based on intuitive decision—such trades have decreased my profits beyond what I have expected at the time.
Also, another one is to stay as a calm and persistent trader all the time—even if I make over ten consistent profits, I should detach myself from urging to claim I’m winning and at the right side “perfectly.” Last year, this brought me huge losses afterwards which canceled out my past profit and made net loss.

If I become much more disciplined enough to follow above goals perfectly, good profits from trading must come mutually as the result. …right? :37:

Most important is consistency every month! Now its time to bring it to a new level. So 2012 here we come!!

Thanks for starting this thread ICT, lol

My goal for 2012:

I suppose we all here have same one: to became Consistent and Profitable Traders.

Now the breakdown:

In next 3 months I’ll be more off work than on (the nature of my business, this is the quietest period of the year), so this will be the perfect chance to kick start my FX Trading career :slight_smile:
I aim by March 2012 to have mastered all tools and concepts ICT teaches us. And by end of the period I hope to have earned gross at least half of what would’ve if I was at work.

In next 6 months I aim to clear the debt I’ve been dragging for years now (including last years ‘‘trading’’ losses) and stand on ‘‘ground zero’’. then is easy… :slight_smile:

By end of 2012, I hope to have achieved really good Consistency and to earn from trading equal or more than from my main job. Also, if the above goals are met, I’m planning to reduce the work to part-time or cut it off all together, depends on the concrete results. I really, really hope and aim to start 2013 with job title: ‘‘Forex Trader’’ :slight_smile:

Also have another goal, most important of all, but not willing to disclose it in public, its too personal (shared it with Michael on e-mail). And it is critical to earn enough money to achieve it asap, hopefully by end of February.

My Dream for 2012:

well obviously, to achieve all the goals highlighted above, especially the last one. To buy a nice and tidy new car (brand new I mean) and little house. Also would love to have a tidy sum in the bank where They Pay Me an Interest after all this years I’ve been paying them. Hate the banks so much (especially after refusing to give me a loan month ago) and this will be my revenge, make 'em pay me. lol

I also plan to give to charity at least 10% of my Forex earnings for the year (and from then on). Also have a plan to reduce the taxes I pay (legally!) and every penny saved from the greedy Tax Man will go to charity too!

Well, may the Pips be with us in 2012!
GLGT! :41:

add $100,000 - $200,000 to savings

grow my “project” account up from $1079 to between 5K and 10K by january 1, 2013

Jay

P.S. And finish my revamped trading plan! For the depth of detail im including, it will likey take at least 6 more months…
but, it should be the single most profitable thing I can do.

Nice analogy, except, you will always be able to walk away from a wrecked trade.

There is only one single objective for me: respecting my own rules!

Getting this done everything else will follow (as constantly growing account, financial freedom, …)

Hope your dreams and wishes will come true as well, companheiros forexensis!

In the forex world, 1 consistent, profitable trade a week.

In the leisure world, a snowboarding trip to BC.

My goal this year:

-Be consistent and up to 50\75 pip’s weekly

-At the end of the year reach required value, so that I can trade full time and quit my day job

-Reach-knowledge to the point that at the end of the year, I can think individually …
I now it´ll be very difficult but if it were easy everyone could do it…right???

-Build a good base, so then I can share all this knowledge with my friends who might be interested in forex, and later to help those who have nothing … they are worse than me …

-Anyone who helps me, without asking anything in return except to help others, I am eternally grateful, because there is nothing that gives me more pleasure, except helping others.

As my learning is growing in the short time, the ideas are changing (for the better) also …
I will always make some adjustments and always add a few more things …

GOOD TRADING 2012

JOHN

My trading goals for 2012?

Bring my present live account to a breakeven…I started live trading in the forex almost 4 years now with 250€. Back then I was just as newbie as I am now, but doing a lot of mistakes everyday. I have only around 40€ in the account at the present, so imagine what I have to do just to breakeven:

Drawdown of 84%
Just to breakeven: Profit of 625% given the present account balance, which makes around 50% each month (20€ each month). :15:
Hopefully this will make me realize that money management is probably the most important thing one should care, and that forex is not for gambling, is for investment, period!

Apply the new concepts that ICT shared with the Babypips community;

Develop my trading psychology, get to know myself and find my own trading style;

Few items, huge backstage work to do.

Cheers
MB

Hehehe… they’re nice aren’t they…? I have one… in green. :wink:

On topic, goal’s to make at least $100K (potentially $500K) this year. Perhaps reach 7-figures in net wealth. And pretty much the same as hellogoodbye4201’s.

Clark

Clark,

First you would like to aim to make $100k, then perhaps $500k and even maybe $1m. Make your mind up lol
Thats a 1000% margin difference from $100k to $1m!!! I hope your trading is tighter with less than a 1000% margin of error :wink:

Unless your wife finds out that you have just traded the holiday savings whcih were saved up to take your disabled son to Disney Land for a once in a life-time trip. She would soon stop you from walking away from that trade alive.

Hey James,

You read that wrong haha. I know I can comfortably make $100K this year, it’ll be a bit more tricky trying to make $500K. So I guess you could say that $500K is my goal. And I didn’t mean to make $1m, I meant I wanted to reach a total net wealth of 7-figures. If I make $500K this year, I’ll have just a little over $1m, ($1.1-1.2m); that’s what I meant. Haha.

Clark

Ok, and mine goal is TO STOP BEING LAZY, AND START LEARNING FOREX :slight_smile:

God damn… she’s fine…

Keep healthy, get wealthy then meet some of you guys face to face at a seminar ICT heads in London, that would be cool…