3 Little Pigs Trading System

Emmm!

Discretionary 3 Little Pigs trading - Do you not follow the same rules as harmonic ?

I follow the same rules but in that case I was very late and the trade was way ahead so when the price retraced back closer to MA thats where I placed my orders. However they both end in loss!

[B]Current Status…[/B]

[U]Closed Trades:[/U]

Unfortunately my EURUSD and USDCHF end in little profit than expected because of me trailing the SL before sleep.

USDCHF short from 0.9236 (SL is 0.9302 and TP is 0.9167 ) closed for +46 pips.
EURUSD long from 1.3354 (SL is 1.3288 and TP is 1.3448) closed for +9 pips.

EURCHF long from 1.2352 (TP 1.2426 SL 1.2312) hit SL for -42 Pips.
GBPJPY long from 153.56 (TP 154.53 SL 153.04) hit SL for -53 Pips.

[U]Open Trades:[/U]

None

[U]New Trades:[/U]

None.

Thanks for the update - Just taken a small position on USDJPY!

Those of you guys trading this system live, can you expand more on the instances you’ve witnessed where the direction and slope of the SMA was against the trade, but the system indicated a trade? From what I can gather, this seems to almost be a fake out signal. Thanks!

I don’t look at or consider the slope as it doesn’t mention it in the manual.

Cool stuff I might give it a try soon

My USDJPY failed but I made some on AUDUSD

I have a small USDJPY Long position open at present - Anyone trading anything more exotic?

Nothing for me. Didnt find a good setup on any of the pairs and from my past experience my USDJPY trade always end in a loss with this system usually so not going to take that trade.

Sorry to report +150 at present !!!

Cool. Thats great. Nice to see you got some good pips :slight_smile:

Still with a good Stop in place - Nervous about these non-farms tomorrow - May take this profit soon.

Is harmonicphil coming back - Loved the regular updates ?

Kept my Long GBPUSD trade open over the weekend - Nice gap up so I closed it for an extra 50 pips this morning now looking for a re-entry at the gap fill - Have to say though will try not to leave these swing trades open over the weekend again.

Anyone trading Gold as per the weekly update ?

3 Little Pigs Trading Strategy Weekly Report – 15-Sep-13 � Forex Useful

200 pips on eurusd for me just closed :slight_smile:

OK - Small account but great profits on EURUSD and GBPUSD for me in September - Love this system when those trends develop :slight_smile:

Feeling all alone here !!!

Hi Kneesup

I’m new to this forum but not to trading having dabbled for some years. Recently I have I have followed the 3 little pigs strategy for some time and taken the course with Jon. I have developed a strategy based upon fixed target and stop. I have back tested the strategy manually since 1 Jan 2013 and it has proved profitable so far. I am hoping someone can code an EA to test my results and optimise the strategy.

The strategy is based upon the 4 hour/daily/weekly chart setup with the 34, 21 and 55 sma’s respectively. The rules are:
Pairs traded AUD/USD, EUR/GBP, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/CAD,USD/JPY.
The USD/JPY target is 75 pips with a 50 pip stop loss all other pairs target is 60 pips with a 30 pip stop.
Long entry is triggered when a candle touches and closes above the 34 SMA on the four hour chart provided that the last closed candle on both the daily and weekly charts are above their SMA’s.
Short entry is triggered when a candle touches and closes below the 34 SMA on the four hour chart provided that the last closed candle on both the daily and weekly charts are below their SMA’s.
All trades are closed on Friday for a gain or loss.
News is ignored including NFP on the basis in the long term some days will be favourable others not.
Spread is not included on the basis it is included when a trade commences, that is for a 2 pip spread the target, if hit, would include 62 pips before closing out. Swap charges are also not included on the basis positive charges will equal negative charges over the long term.
Each trade runs to target or stop before another trade in the same pair is taken.

My account is with ETX Capital and being UK based it is a spread bet account, therefore for those of us spread betting an EA would need to calculate stakes in £/point.

The results are detailed on a spreadsheet but I cannot seem to upload it, I get an error “invalid file”, a pdf might be attached and I’m happy to share the spreadsheet. The account estimate suggests a £1000 starting balance on 1st January 2013 would now be worth £5743. Since January there have been 8 winning months and 1 losing month, September.
I think thats about it, if there’s anything I’ve missed please let me know, I would welcome comments on the strategy and the chance to test this on other pairs.

All the best

3LP fixed odds.pdf (38 KB)

thanks, very interesting, let’s say for long condition, if the 4hr candle touches and closes below 34sma and then later a candle closes above 34sma, do you take the trade or not?