3 Little Pigs Trading System

Four candles - a great post and excellent results.Look forward to reading future posts from you.

Hi All, I have been demoing the 3 Pigs Strategy for a while now having downloaded it from the the Forex Useful website. I’m enjoying the fact that the strategy has clear rules. I plan to demo for another month before going live before the end of the year. Thanks to everyone who has been posting in here, it has been a great help to me. No more lurking for me!

Hi Sailormoon

Provided the daily and weekly last closed candles(not the current candle) were above their sma’s then when the first candle closed above the 34sma on the four chart a long trade would be taken.

Also attached is a zip file with my manual back test results from Jan to September.

A EUR/USD trade triggered at 6am BST (4am chart time) and produced a 60 pip gain - happy days

Regards

3LP fixed odds.zip (38.7 KB)

took the eu trade last week, didn’t get stopped out, still running,but trade on nzdusd stopped out.

Hi All

The EUR/USD trade that triggered at 4am chart time on October 2 produced a 60 pip gain and produced a buy signal when it closed that went on to produc eanother 60 pip gain. It was just as well because on Thursday 3rd October we had two losses, one on EUR/GBP the other on GBP/USD. Overall a good week two winners, two losers so 60 pips up on the week.

Regards

Thanks fork handles (ha! love the name)!

So, you are basically trading the free strategy “as is” applying a fixed target/stop of 75/50 for USD/JPY and 60/30 for the others, that’s it?

Hi

That’s about it, not ground-breaking stuff but shows a good return for 9 months with sensible money management. I would appreciate others checking the results.

Glad you like the name, its one of my favourite sketches.

Regards

Thanks and yep I love it too!

Any chance anyone here with MT4 skills can write a back-test based on these rules?

Hi All

Well the USD/CAD triggered yesterday, 8th and hit target today 9th for a 60 pip gain so 90 pips up this month so far.

Regards

did you take the eurusd trade this week? i got a loss on eurusd. didn’t take usdcad simply because i don’t like this pair.

Yes it was a sucessful trade for me, the results for October so far are:
02/10/2013 Wednesday EUR USD Buy +60
02/10/2013 Wednesday EUR USD Buy +60
03/10/2013 Thursday EUR GBP Sell -30
03/10/2013 Thursday GBP USD Buy -30
07/01/2013 Monday EUR USD Buy +60

So +90 pips so far.

All the best

So +9% if 3% risk per trade = 30 PIPs ?

I’m assuming a spreadbet account so the trade would be (3% of account balance)/30 gives £/point so for a £1000 balance the risk amount is £30 and the £/point is £1 so for a 90 pip gain the return would be 9%.

Unfortunately having checked back the EUR/USD on Monday 7th was stopped out on 9th so the gain for the month so far is 30 pips or 3%, we will see what the rest of the month produces.

I am testing this strategy on the basis that it can be automated and catch every trade. Any comments, corrections or suggestions are welcome.

Regards

Thanks for that, no shakes if u hit 3% a month for 12 months :slight_smile:

3% /month? Are you kidding me? Atleast make 10-15%, otherwise it’s just not worth of your time and effort.
Anyway did anybody traded this system on real account and does it really make money?

LOL - So, you believe you can outperform 99.99% of all Hedge Fund managers - You are a dreamer and the one who is kidding - If you can make 15% a month what are you doing here?

I was simply trying to imply some reality and I hope it saves you from drowning.

Unfortunately, MT4 Strategy tester will not allow reference to more than 1 chart, so it isn’t possible to auto backtest the precise rules. But it is possible to auto backtest an approximation using just the 4hr chart with the daily and weekly MAs simulated.
The other problem is that the 4hr chart is not the same on all brokers (unlike the 1hr chart). The 4hr candle starts at a different time in GMT (or Universal time) on different brokers. The same applies (but less so) to the Daily and the Weekly.

Thus it is possible for a 4hr, Daily or Weekly strategy to work with a certain broker, but fail with another one.

Hi everybody

If 10-15% per month, month in month out is achievable please let us know how its done. Professionals with experience and resources probably dream of such results. Having said that if you check the the spreadsheet I uploaded the average return over 9 completed months is 226 pips per month(22.6% per month). I’m not suggesting this average would be achieved going forward its probably the product of a few ‘lucky’ months which no doubt will be balanced by some unlucky months. Its just my take on someone else’s idea which itself is a multi time frame system. So far the results are encouraging and go to show that mass market investments are a rip off for the average punter, didn’t Panorama recently report that financial institutions keep 80% of pension funds for themselves ( I thought it was 90% but I’m just an old cynic)

All the best

I dont think its true, or atleast they must have fixed that.I used EA’s which took the trades on M5 to M15 and the indicators were set to gain data from H1 and H4 and it worked fine.So i believe you can gain data from the same pair but different timeframes.I`m not sure you can gain data from different pairs in the strategy tester, like price correlations, but you can from the same pair with diff timeframe.

Im not making 15% a month, or to rephrase it, im not making it yet :cool:
But even if i would i would still be here teaching you guys that it is yes possible, and it is really nothing compared to hedgefunds gain.I`ve read about hedgefunds making 100%-200% gain while the big market crash happened in 2008 so they can do better, and lets not forget that with 10-20 billion dollars a hedgefund cannot take so high risks as a retail trader does with 1000-2000$.And i bet there are experienced members here on babypips that make that much only they are shy to admit it or want to keep private their earnings, or else why would someone trade for 10-20 years if they cant make that much or atleast close to it, if you can not make atleast 10% on average after 10 years of trade you should really consider another career.

You dont really warrant a response but I can assure you even after 20 years you will not be making a consistent 10% a month with a sensible risk profile, year in year out - I believe you have had enough of my time.