3 Little Pigs Trading System

Two positions two losses: USDJPY: 08/01/14 20:00 hr candle - 27 pips. GBPJPY: 08/01/14 20:00 hr candle -18 pips, close the trade manual on 10/01/14 12:00 hr before NFP. :stuck_out_tongue:

Enjoy your weekend.

Hey guys!

Really appreciate the effort you put into this thread and the system! I am currently backtesting a little bit and was wondering which Time Zone to you use for your charts?

I have been checking the Excel from four candles and for some entries/exits I can validate the quotes and for some I can’t.

I tested GMT and GMT+2 …

Any help really appreciated :slight_smile:

Hi all,

The original thread-starter post uses trailing stop based on high and low ATR values.

Since these 2 values are dependent on your chart window size, the trailing stop will be different for everyone. Does this matter in the long run?

I’m still trying hard to figure out why my results is so terrible compared to everyone else who’s wildly profitable using this system.

I’m also back testing. Have back tested AUDUSD from 2004 to 2007, EURUSD from 2004 to 2009. Didn’t bother with the time zone because I just wanted to know if this system has a good edge in it’s raw form.

Once that’s passed, I’ll eliminate trades that I probably can’t take cuz I’m sleeping, then see how the profitability changes.

Maybe you could try using a fixed ATR with a multiplier. I tried 1.3-1.5 ATR at the moment I enter the market which works quite well.

Maybe you could incorporate that into your backtest and see how results will change.

If you do (38+23)/4 and (42+22)/4 as above the difference is 1 PIP so seems it doesnt matter.

I came back here after a long time. I purchased the official indicator too but somehow didn’t use this system for months. So how you guys are doing with this system? Please can you tell me whats the average monthly ROI with this system so far?

Thanks.

Hey joker, my charts have daily candles that close at the New York close time. Think that is the one that most banks and institutions use. Although I don;t think it should make that much difference to your results over the long term

Last week take some small losses, this small losses prevent me from taking big losses leaving positions open. Monday morning opened trade on GBPUSD (long on a break of the 04:00 hour candle). Trade closed (by order) on 11:30 this morning. Using a trailing stop help me to make a nice profit of 82 pips. Stopped out because a big bearish candle on cable. Using the rules (a little bit tweaked to my tradingstyle) like learned on the 1 on 1 with Jon,give me more than once a nice edge in the market. Take my (small) losses and let my profits run, helps me to make nice profits.

Have a nice trading week.

Regards Chris

Hi Everyone,

I’m new here. Finally finished reading every post. Congratulations to everyone who has had success using the system. Thanks to everyone who has helped refine the system, particularly Harmonicphil for bringing it to everyone’s attention in the first place.

I plan on following this system, and trialing it on a demo account (I’m in the Sydney time zone so will likely take opposite trades to those of you in the UK/Europe) and look forward to a successful 2014.

February looks like it will be a slow month.

Hi everyone,

I’m also new here. Have been reading all the previous posts and it looks like it’s a fantastic trading system. I’m also doing some backtesting on it…

May I know how is the result of January 2014? (Be it trailing stop / fixed target approach). Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Anyone who is using this system?

Hi Dan,

I wasn’t using the system, and I can’t post links here because I’m new, but it looks like January was a break even month overall.

If you can find the weekly report for this system, the Feb 2 edition gives a wrap up of Jan. it looks like there was a big move on the USD/CAD but nothing much else.

Late to the party but I have a question: What’s the duration of a typical winning and losing trade?

And, also, some parts of the OP’s system don’t make complete sense to me: one entry rule and the ATR calculation.

[B]Entry redudancy[/B]

The redundancy is specifically between this line:

On close of the next candle that touches and then closes above the 34 SMA on the 4 Hour timeframe (for long)

and the following:

If, for example a candle touches and then closes above the 34 SMA on the 4 Hour timeframe and price is above the 55 SMA on the Weekly timeframe but below the 21 SMA on the Daily timeframe I will wait. I will wait until price is above both the 55/21 SMAs on the Weekly/Daily timeframes and then, if price is still above the 34 SMA on the 4 Hour timeframe I will enter a trade on close of the next candle on the 4 Hour timeframe.

Which just means that the original rule can be written as:

On close of the H4 candle above the 34 SMA. I.e. whether or not the candle touches the 34 SMA line is irrelevant. The only thing matters is that the H4 candle closes above the 34 SMA line and the other two conditions are fulfilled.

[B]ATR Display[/B]

In the original image, the ATR’s high and low are 26 an 14 pips respectively. This is however based on the last 30 candles, i.e. the number of candles that you can see on the screen. If you have a bigger monitor, you would display more candles and the high and/or low ATR might be different. Same if you just zoom out on your chart, you would display more candles and you may have different high/low values.

My advice take a 1 to 1 skype session with the founder from this trading strategy. It is worth every euro or pound. All you questions will be answered. And you learn to trade all the 3 systems from forexuseful.

Regards Chris

Yes Chris I agree with this, well worth it on the basis it leaves no grey areas, most of my session was simply spent going through the questions I already had lined up, relating to the systems and some general trading q’s… I like NITS on the 15 minute.

Hi all, quick visit but I’ll try to post when I can.
New trade today when the daily finally went to Down.
AUDUSD 8937 short from 27/2 00:00, stop at 9008, 16 (38+26/4) behind the MA 8992

New trade:
USDCHF 0.88795 short from 27/2 16:00

Well, I got the USDCHF reported in last weeks update but had 5 losers too, I suppose I cannot grumble though as I was still +2% for the week - How’s others doing this year so far with 3 Pigs, Phil how’s your trading going? I reckon I am breakeven as it seems all markets are ranging and this is trend following.

I hold my trades over the weekend and USDCHF is still going well.
I also had a buy on GBPUSD 27/12 16:00 which made 80 pips easily but has come back a bit.
Also EURUSD buy 28/2 8:00 easily made 90 pips but has come back over the weekend.
There were also six losers for -145.
It’s been hard recently but I think I may tinker a bit with the stops. I had a buy on USDCAD 26/2 16:00 which made nearly 60 pips (Four candles method) before coming back to stop out, and I might move the stop to breakeven after a decent push in the right direction.