30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

yea I went long

Iā€™d like to see your chart in bigger size, but for what I can see, you had a bearish gartley in there.

If thatā€™s the case, you didnā€™t pick your first swing high as B, but the second.

Am I right?

Graze,

You have a bearish gartley, wich gives you a signal to go short.

As I said in the previous post, your AB leg should be drawn to the first swing high, and you chose the second one.

Take your time to study the method, itā€™s worth it, and feel free to ask anytime.

Can you do me a favour and draw it out for me because Iā€™m not really seeing it here.
The pattern which I drew yesterday went accordingly as I mapped out hitting the D leg and going through it about 40 pips before reversing into a bearish trend, so can you explain it please and thank you

Hi Graze,

wrtm_19 was trying to point out the image below (hope Iā€™m correct, someone correct me please if Iā€™m wrong)

As I see it, first target (78% XA, 200% CD) was a fake, while the 2nd target was hit nicely (100% XA, 261% CD)

Your chart is GBP/USD and my is EUR/USD, are you using that as an example to explain to me what wrtm_19 is saying ?

Can you make your chart bigger ?

For your convenience :smiley:

HI Graze,

I donā€™t have my main platform available right now, but this pic serve for the purpose.

Compare my lines with yours. I have picked the same X as you did. The difference here is the B point that you chose and the one in my chart. Definitely a different result. We have a first D at 1.3571 that worked out quite nice and a second one that turned out to be a fake out.

For what I read you probably are trading C to D, and thatā€™s why you tried to go long, am I right?

The purpose with this patterns is to trade them once they have completed. So in this case, with our bearish gartleys weā€™re looking to go short.

Anyway lots of unrequested explanations, Iā€™m sure that with this chart youā€™ll see the difference.

Hope that helps.

wrtm_19, my X was wrong. oh well :frowning: .

EDIT: apologies for the confusion.

No right or wrong here, (regarding Xā€™s of course) . Weā€™re looking for areas of potential support and resistance, and convergences demonstrate that. I think your X is ok, I just rather use the real extreme ones. Practice will help you with that. :slight_smile:

I missed Grazeā€™s extreme point selection, so I shouldā€™ve taken a good look at the pair.

follow up question:
convergence is XA 50% and CD 200%? looking at your chart, the fibs are price points instead of percentages. So I just want to confirm. :slight_smile:

Lol I donā€™t know! On my main platform I use percentages, but as I said the platform from the picture is just for reference and it shows price instead of percentage, canā€™t acces my main platform right now to clarify, sorry. :rolleyes:

oh okay. I forgot you were using a different platform :o

just got one problem when I use Graze and yours as Price Point for X, I canā€™t replicate the convergence at that point with my mt4. odd. :confused: maybe itā€™s just me, but I hope you can get back to my concern when you have your right tools with you. :smiley:

Hello all, as I have stated in January I have been working on improving the system I had introduced last year and am finally [I]almost[/I] ready to share it with every one. As a result, I am still looking for 5 students for me to teach this system before I release it publicly here on the forums. As a student just as those did in the past, you will have the opportunity to trade with me live and receive instant feedback on your own market predictions and obviously receive my points of entries and exits in the marketā€¦

In order to qualify for the position of student, you must complete the following task:

[B]Through PM or E-mail give me a thorough technical analysis on why the EUR/USD market has been behaving the way it has within the last 3 months (December-Today 2/27/2010). Requirements: (1) You must implement the strategies used on this thread within your analysis. (2) Pictures must be used within your analysis. (3) It must be written in English, Spanish, or French.[/B]

[I][B](If you are unsure of where to start, please refer to my postings on examples of how to properly analyze a market)[/B][/I]

[B][I]*If you have not me the requirements above, please do not submit your analysis for I will not even look at it.[/I][/B]

[B]Private Lessons Competition. Start 2/27/2010 || End 3/6/2010[/B]

It will really be a TRUE (at least for me) challenge TMB.

It has been sometime. wb. :smiley:

Hi WRTM_19,

You are right, I was trading from C to D. I now kind of understand what you were talking about but can you explain a little bit more about the entry and exit points for me and what percentage points to aim for.

THANKS

Hello yā€™all
Hereā€™s a analysis chart of the eur/usd as of today 02.28.2010 10:01 pm est time. Based on the program/study setup here ā€œ30 pips a dayā€, where would be the best entry and exit points.

THANKS

Nice chart there Graze.

However, I notice that the fib convergences will vary with the slightest difference with Highs and Lows (broker data). :frowning:

To our seniors: anyone noticing this?

Iā€™ll put up a chart a bit later.

Below is a chart that is the same with Graze, however, I found a different result. With just a few pips of difference with the highs and lows, the convergence varies greatly.

For the seniors: Does this warrant that I consider finding a new broker? :confused:

Graze, just to confirm, your chart is EUR/USD 30min ā€œnow/todayā€ right?

EDIT: image on post # 2585