30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Actually its finding resistance in the 0.382 XA Fib, but if it goes down very probably a good trade.

Alright the EURUSD was a pretty good trade, though it jumped a bit at the D taking out my initial ticket SL. Iā€™ve got a lot of discipline issues, eventhough Iā€™ve been playing around with trading for like 3-4 yrs now. Hopefully reading the ā€˜Disciplined Traderā€™ can help me :slight_smile:

And modo and racer, did you get in on that trade?

Found this on the USDCHF 15M :

Nightfox,

I didnā€™t take the euro because I was short eur/jpy

I also donā€™t open positions until the ftse cash market opens, which probably would have saved you that first stop out.

As for the discipline, everyone says you need discipline to trade and I agree, but only for as long as it takes to change the bad habit, usually about 30 days or 30 repeats. Start with something small, maybe not even related to trading like ā€œiā€™ll make my bed every morningā€, or ā€œiā€™ll water the flowersā€ etc. After a month or so youā€™ll find yourself doing it or it without even noticing, and it wonā€™t take discipline to do it any more, itā€™s just your new habit.

I think the same goes for trading. Have a tight trading plan, follow it, forget the p&l and just focus on the process. Before you know it following the rules and acting in your best interests will be automatic. Sure there may be times when you falter and need to reaffirm your rules, but trading neednā€™t be viewed as a lifetime of struggle under oppressive discipline.

Well thatā€™s my rant for the day, probably rubbish but it works for me. The Disciplined trader is a great book too, so you should definately read it.

All the best,
Modo

yeah the first stop out did sting a bit, but part of the learning I guess.

Modo, I do hope I can reach your perspective on things too, and thatā€™s y Iā€™m here, to learn from other people :slight_smile:

And Iā€™ve been trading gartleys/ butterflies for like a few weeks now, and like mentioned in ā€œTrade what you seeā€, I find the patterns do work out around 60-70% of the time, but its my trade management issues that keep me from reaching max potentialā€¦ Too many demons to get rid off, eh.

Iā€™m not actually focusing on P/L right now, its more of a game to identify and gather enough data to come up with a trading plan that suits my personality.

right, 21 days to get a new habbit i.e. remove the old

yep, now i hardly ever wet the bed.

21 days, eh? :cool:

Anyone on this one? Sorry about the late post, shoulda posted it earlier.

P.S : I canā€™t believe I read through a thread thatā€™s 253 pages long :stuck_out_tongue: , very well worth it Iā€™d sayā€¦

Very good one 5 stars congrats!

damn!!! I missed the competition entry!!!

Saw the pattern when I got back from work (6pm EST). I saw the price reversing towards where the D is and thought that it was still valid for me to enter and grab some pips. Bad move, lost 25 pips on that trade.

Thank you all for participating in the Euro Analysis Contest. I will be announcing the winners publicly on this thread on Friday (3/12/10) during the market close. In addition, I will be posting my own analysis on the EUR/USD so that all of you may learn how to properly analyze a market using my method.

Furthermore,

GBP/USD

That trade looks promising :smiley:

BTWā€¦ 1.52989 = Sell point :rolleyes: so Watch itā€¦

Damn, sorry to hear that maestro, the GBPUSD failed to hit the 0.382 retracement, lost some pips there. Thinking in probabilities, its still alright, only one out of three I traded yesterday failed to reach the 0.382 retracement.

A good looking Gartley on the GBPJPY coming upā€¦ the pattern has been trending downwards for quite some time so take caution if entering but the convergence is within a pip

@ tmoneybags

i canĀ“t see the slightests convergence on gbpusd, what did i do wrong?

Man iĀ“ve send various PM trying contact you since friday, i dont know if Babypips msg to mail dont work or what (fustrated -_-), i attach here what you should have gotted on fridays.

Duchas.pdf (666 KB)

mhh. worked out for 30 pips already, but how the hell did you get a convergence there? is it my data feed? I used exactly the xabc point you usedā€¦

maybe something here on the uj, but i wonā€™t be surprised if you donā€™t agree with X.

and something to watch on the euro, although i very much doubt i will take it (if it gets there!)

have a good day,
modo

Found this on the NZDUSD M30 chartsā€¦ :smiley:

Also see Gartleys forming on the USDCHF 1H and the EURUSD 1H charts, with convergence at 0.786/1.000ā€¦ Its either that or Iā€™m seein them everywhere :frowning:

Ah, modo you already posted the EURUSD patternā€¦ similar one forming on the USDCHF tooā€¦

this on the eu too. dubious B and slightly lower D (through the figure which i like),

perhaps adds weight to some support in that area, but i still donā€™t think i want to buy that market.