30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

trade what you see is a good book, but the pdf from harmonic trader is much more in depth imho

We have to wait and see, the price is still climbing, id like it to reach the D around 12 gmt tomorrow for the pattern to be really symmetrical. I use Fib time zones, calculated from the XA to find symmetrical Ds :smiley:

//Chris

employment data tomorrow

Ahh i see, thank for the heads upp. We will see how the market reacts :slight_smile:

Been reading through this, and figured I would give it a go. Anyone got a link to the pdf for this? Really liked the videos, they were very helpful. Anyway, heres a setup I found, feel free to tell me if Ive done anything wrong. This is AudCad 1 hour.

Hi willworkforpips,

You definately have the mechanics right, but I would question the use of the second retracement as your B point.

Using the first retracement would have produced a better convergence and excellent trading opportunity (see below). Wish Iā€™d noticed it myself!

Not saying you are wrong, just my opinion. Thanks for sharing the pattern, and good to have you on board.

So this one would be more accurate?

TMB:
Any word on the winners of the contest?

hope tmbags koins us again and shares his system, i experienced too many situations like these were the post starter than wanted to sell his system over at forex factory.

Theirs no need to sell something that gives me at least 80% return consistently every month lol. Thatā€™s just called greedā€¦ :cool:

great to hear this ! as you probably know there are lots of guys who did it this way over at forex factory.

when are you planning to release your rebuild system?

Iā€™m not sure what TMB is going to be doing but I was wondering if anyone that has been following this thread with over 3 months of practice in it would be interested in forming a group much like what TMB did when he learned. I would be interested in grouping up and discussing more in depth details but I donā€™t know if anyone else here would be able to since it seems like most people here canā€™t really devote the majority of their time to FOREXā€¦

I would be with you !

Hello eveyone, Iā€™m new to this forum. Nice to meet you guys, and Iā€™m glad to see people help people by sharing what they know with each other. I have been investing in stocks, and I want to excel in forex (hence, explaining my name). I found this forum by chance and I enjoyed what I read on this thread so far. I never knew Fibonacci can be used so extensively, and this thread has definitely increased my confidence on Fibonacci (I have never heard about Gartley before I come across this thread).

Iā€™m in the process of buying a copy of trade what you see at ebay. Iā€™m really curious about Gartley, and I hope someone can help me with this.

1. Does Gartley work equally well for all currency pairs, or does it work better for a certain pair over the other?
  2. Does Gartley work better for certain time frame? I seem to find Gartley appear more frequently on shorter time frame, while Fibonacci is more useful for longer timeframe. I may be wrong on this. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

Cheerio.

Iā€™ve been successfully trading small pip gains every day in a similar fashion. My strategy has been to set reachable targets and let the price move as it will.

I control risk through position sizing based on my targets for the day.

The big difference between our strategies seems to be the targets.

I use a factor of an average true range to dictate my price targets (stop and profit) rather than fixed pips like 30, 50, or 100.

My calculations are simple and automated via a spreadsheet, I set my orders shortly after the London open (sometimes Iā€™m lazy and use the NY session), and check my results at the NY session close.

Iā€™m rarely disappointed because even the occasional stopped trade doesnā€™t hurt me. Theyā€™re just the cost of being in the business.

Thanks for sharing your results.

Dave

@globalem;

Please explain a bit more about what it is you do. I didnā€™t catch the correlation between the two trading methodsā€¦

1). Gartley/Butterfly patterns work in every market which has a greed/fear factor (AKA Every single market; Stocks, Forex, Options, Futures, Bonds, Commodities, ETC). As for different pairs, through out the thread you will see me mention specific fib levels to look out for (I.E. I only trade Gartley patterns for the EUR/GBP which touch a .786 or .886 fib convergence).

2). You will find Gartley/Butterfly patterns on every single time frame (even that of the 1 minute chart). Always keep in mind though that the higher the time frame, the more power the pattern will have. I recommend trading the 60/30 min patterns for they are most reliable for me. In addition, using the 5 minute chart is great practice for learning how to trade these patterns for they will show up most frequently and later on can be used to enter at the ā€œwick of priceā€ as youā€™ve seen me do on the first post of the thread.

Good Luck and happy trading.

Hello global, I dont quite get you on this. Could you please tell us more?

Thank you, TMB. Could I ask further. Is there any reason for trading only EUR/GBP?

FXTraitor

It seemed to me the main objective or goal of TMB was to take small yet consistent profits on a daily basis. Surprisingly, this strategy can build an account very quickly through nothing more than compounding.

Letā€™s assume your currency pair moves an average of 100 pips per day. It is reasonable to expect that you can extract 20-30 pips of those moves with careful trade placement and tight money management. (No, you wonā€™t get all of them every day!)

TMB had stated he looks to get 30 pips per day and quits when that daily goal is achieved.

After determining the daily trend, I look for intraday trading ranges and trends; then I set limit entries, profit targets, and stops accordingly with an expectation of capturing a percentage of the average daily range.

I use position sizing based on my stops to manage my risk to 5% of my capital. (Yes, I know this is aggressive for most traders but Forex is only 25% of my trading portfolio.)

My broker is OandA because they allow much more control of position sizing and thus, I have more control of my trade risk.

I use NO indicators or fibs, preferring to enter trades based on price activity at support/resistance or trend lines. My targets are based solely on a percentage of average true range.

I generally place one trade per day (hardly ever more than two) to reach my daily target.

By most traders thinking I am breaking some primary rules around letting profits run, though I ALWAYS cut losses very short.

This strategy has allowed me to twice turn $500 into $10,000 in less than 6 months.

I have done this to prove to myself that this strategy can be a viable part of my retirement program. I am a fulltime consultant and travel extensively which, contrary to all the marketing hype, is not conducive to successful Forex trading.

Iā€™m just glad there are other traders realizing that there are much more gains to be had from consistent small profits than continually swing for the fences.

Dave