30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Your ABCD look good, however after you draw your AB fib, you need to move the 0 point (the one on A) to C. The whole point of the second fib is to measure the ratio of AB to CD. You need to make sure that AB at least = CD for the pattern to be valid.

oic… ok get it… thanks!

May I know if example that ABCD is correct and it is going down. how u all determine and entry and do u all put 30 pips exit as follow?

B is wrong, it cant have a higher point after it before the C.

Hello all. Found this 3 when i was scaning the market, just wanted to post so no one misses em in their analysis.

EURUSD 1hr

Small retracement pattern in the upp trend on the EURUSD. There is also a much larger pattern on the daily that you might have noticed so this might be a move to complete the D on the daily.

USDCHF 1hr

The price reacted nicely on the 127,2 convergence so it might do it again. There is allot of bullish momvent in the CD leg atm so i would recommend to use coution on this one. The convergence at 200 is abit more solid with a daily and a weekly pivot close by so the price might be retrace there.

EURJPY 30 min

The X point in this one is the end of a retracement of a privious gartley pattern, so the price is moving kinda harmonic.

Cheers :cool:

//Chris

//Chris[/QUOTE]

Hey Chris, i’m also watching those. eu also gives D around 1.2605 using x 1.2653. Could be good for run to 1.29.

Also watching this on the gbpjpy. I think i prefer this one as feel eurgbp might come under pressure tonight.

Finally, looking for longs around 1.7000 on the gbpaud to play CD leg of daily butterfly.

Feel

This was good for 30 pips, but I only took 15 due to lack of discipline, poor execution, and concerns over time of day. Reaction at D was good, so i’ll keep an eye on the retest with 1 minute patterns.

On the bright side I got my first limit on the uj in a textbook trade for me, using the hourly pattern for entry into the daily, with limit .236 AD of the daily. Next limit at the .50 AD, but it looks like it’s rolling over now.

Cheers Chris and Modo. Watching the EUR/JPY one myself too. The EUR/USD on the daily turned over a bit sooner than expected - though I should have perhaps anticipated it as it rolled over exactly at the descending trend line from Dec 3rd high.

Here is my attempt to get into the CD leg of the daily gbpaud pattern.

I agree the pattern is a marginal at best, so I haven’t used the full next XA fib stop.

33 pip stop, 1600 pip limit hahaha…dream on.

risk appetite too strong for this to work today…stop moved to breakeven. i should have held my long gj…bad breach of my trading plan. leaving money on the table like that as bad as taking a loss.

Yes, I am aware of the daily pattern. It was very close to being completed last Friday but tanked down without hitting the D point.

EURJPY 30 min

The X point in this one is the end of a retracement of a privious gartley pattern, so the price is moving kinda harmonic.

//Chris

Chris, note that there is good convergence at 1.618AB too. And if you draw an additional fib from the most recent extreme (107.34) you’ll see that the .382 fib of that recent extreme converges with 1.618AB too. So I think I’ll pass on the 1.272AB but enter the 1.618AB trade if it hits that point.

Here’s why I guess it didn’t hit the D. I’m wondering if it was a correction C point and down again we go or if we’ll push higher. I guess these stress test results to be released in the next while will make things clearer.

Have you guys seen this GBP/JPY 1h trade?

I totally missed the AB=CD pattern from the 134.65. Worked out spot on.

Yeah, me too. I wonder how I keep missing such obvious patterns.

I seem to find them easier when the price is rising for some reason.

Same GBP/JPY chart has another potential AB=CD forming from the high point of 134.00 (C point of previous AB=CD) completing at ~132.37.

Though with the GBP/JPY I’m going to wait for the triangle to break before placing any trade. This pair is usually good for big moves when it breaks out. Should happen at some point this week I guess.

thought this might be a place to try adding to the long uj. i entered on the first convergence, but the second (88.67) would probably be better given trendline support and smaller stop requirement. (noticed after i posted that i drew the triangle to the wrong X, but used the intended X for the fibs. apologies for any confustion)

folded the gbpaud just in time, but was only a small position so only 0.15% gain.

here’s another possible short yen trade. maybe not wise with equities soft and that hourly pattern below, but for 10-15 pips you get a look at decent upside.

well, this and the uj longs just failed as shanghai tanked into lunch. such is life, lost 0.125%

The EUR/JPY long that Chris posted earlier worked out for 30 pips though the bad EU news with the Zew sentiment indicator had it at -30 pips initially. Might get a chance for a repeat performance at the lower 161.80 level later today.

i know there was a full description how to upload images here…
i red the whooole thread 2 times like a book and took notes on my way…have been trading patterns for 3 months now and soon i would like to start analysing my trades here too…to MODO ,anihilator and TMB and all the guys who took time to keep this thread going-THANK YOU !

i tradet this today for 31 pips…still trying to post it full screen…
img686.imageshack.us/img686/1049/130710.png

img694.imageshack.us/img694/1315/1307gbpusd.png
waiting on this one…