30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Hi guys

I’ve been reading through this thread. And I like to give this system a try. Below is a 1 hour chart of USDJPY and I was wondering if I’m doing it correctly. Please comment.

Thanks.

18.8.2010 4AM.bmp (960 KB)

Closed the trade around the 23,6% Retrace of AD so a 40 pip gain :slight_smile: worked out well.

//Chris

USDCAD
Waiting fot price action on the 2 points (D1 or D2).
It’s may be a good trade.

i am witing you dear :slight_smile:

EURCHF
waiting for potential PA (D1, D2, D3)
What I to do now? I building my traiding plan.
If intresting …we have some potential 222, butterfly patterns on the other pairs.
I chose TF 4H and daily.

USDCAD
Buy position at point D1
Found price action on the low TF (pin-bar)

Same here… closed at the 23.6!
I’d call that a success :smiley:

Swedichris, I searched for your X-finding method but couldn’t find it among your posts. Is it related to finding an XA that produce fib levels that have been respected?

And another question; how do you have two different Daily pivots, what method are you using for pivot calculation? I’m asking because in my software, the weekly R1 pivot level was much higher than yours.

hey guys,

maybe this question has been asked before but i havent found it in the first 50 pages on the thread…

say i have identified point X, A, B and C. now when looking for a possible D point i see that there is no significant convergence. however, if i place my X point a bit higher or lower (as i understand that gartley patterns do not have to be initiated from an extreme in price) is this valid? in simple terms, if i spot a pattern, can i then play around with the X point untill i find convergence? or is this forcing the pattern?

also, with butterfly patterns, must the X point be initiated from an extreme in price or can we pick swing highs/lows within swings?

thanking you…

Been on vacation for a while, glad to be back (not really). Since when do we need 50 posts to use photobucket??? Oh well, here are some thumbs of a few patterns ive been watching. I should be over 50 by the end of this.

EUR JPY 1 Hour

USD JPY 1 Hour

NZD USD 1 Hour

AUD USD 1 Hour

50!!!:cool:

Sorry I didnt post this one earlier. Just found it. I am long at 60.960 with a TP at 61.047 and SL at 60.848

Upcoming potential pattern on the CADJPY 4 Hour. Supported by the line of resistance as shown on the attachment as well as the pivot points. Other patterns formed on lower time frames can be seen but i’m in the process of doing the top down analysis to validate this pattern.

Another scenario, and I have taken a long position ( Blue XABCD).
But another scenario is still actually (Black XABCD, D1, D2, D3)

This pattern didn’t work at the convergence but reversed nonetheless, probably netting you 30 pips. Congrats!

The thing i mean about chosing the X is the approch i use with fib timezones, so i try to find an X point that still gives resistance.

I use two pivot point calcs on both the daily and the weekly. Mainly becouse the setup wouldnt give me many trades a week if i didnt use both and also it gives a even more solid resistance if the two pivots points calcs converge. Here is the link to the page where i wrote more about my setup :slight_smile:

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/21934-30-pips-day-keeps-your-money-bay-349.html#post201574

If it dosent answer your questions just ask again :slight_smile:

//Chris

I should have looked closer. I got lucky. It reversed at the resistance point just screen left.

Hi all, thanks to all who have contributed to this thread which helped imrpoved my understanding of gartleys and butterflys!

However i have a few qns to clarify.

I understand for a gartley, the retracement of bc would be ideally 0.50% or 61.8 78.6 of AB and the CD leg would be 100% thus give us a AB = CD

However if it exceeds 100% and forms at 127.2 would it still be considered a gartley or butterfly?

A gartley must have at least a AB=CD right? If the CD is shorter than the AB, it is invalid?

And also the XA leg, must the retracement be at the 68.1 and 78.6 of it only?

Or can it also be at the 38.2 and 50% as well?

Thank you all! :smiley: