30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

My sell was triggered at 1.2773. So let’s see what happens. It is Sunday night. I am surprised it was triggered within one hour, so hopefully a trend is not oging on. I am going to let it play out.

Here’s what I’ve seen as a POSSIBLE larger picture of the eur/usd:

Here are two patterns to consider on the larger TF’s

Reference my post below

Numerous patterns forming at around the same area lend support to the notion that one or more of these will be a solid pattern…?

Its crazy how I predicted C rising to D but yet it hasn’t reversed from D. I was watching at 1.2702 contemplating on buying and then selling, shorting at D. I wish I would have.

Got stopped out. Replacing my sell order at 1.2808 for EURUSD. Perfect AB=CD pattern on 30, 60, 2hr, 4hr.

Closed our trade #2 at break even. At what point do you gentlemen think an AB=CD is invalid? Because it’s a beautiful pattern on 30, 60, and 2hr EURUSD

I wish I would have bought in at 1.2706, its up 200 points in two days. It’s testing some key fibo levels right now. 224.0% at 1.2912, 261.8% at 1.2951, and 314.0% at 1.3004. Let’s see what happens. Make higher highers and higher lows, definitally in trend mode. It may test 314%.

So far it’s bounced right under 214%.

Could be something forming on the eg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Hey modo,

Like your chart you posted in the room. Sorry I missed you. Had to pop out for an hour.

not sure about this pattern on gold h1, but a pretty cheap stop.

I thought this went pretty well lol

YIKES… that is painful to see, hope you had a stop in if you traded that :confused:

Any specific time you/anybody is in the room?

I guess, whats the most popular time to catch people in there?

yeah, i had a stop in, looks like i wasn’t the only one. had been short for about 3 weeks…i knew the risks.

btw, good call on the GA.

I’ll generally call in around frankfurt and new york opens.

Hi raderdude777

You’ll catch me there every weekday from around London open until NY close :slight_smile:

Thanks… can you believe I missed the entry by 5 pips… frustrating after monitoring it for so long. Oh well, live to fight another day

guys, i have so far read larry passavento’s ‘trade what you see’ as well as a huge part of this thread and TMB’s posts. I am successfully demo trading 1-2 patterns per day but wanted to run through the general guidelines that i use as recommended by TMB throughout this post in order to make sure that what i am doing is out of good judgment rather than luck.

The next book I wish to tackle is Scott Carney’s harmonic trader volumes 1&2, but for the moment can any1 tell me if what i am looking out for is right according to the rules of this thread…

1. bearish patterns are drawn on the BID and bullish patterns are drawn on the ASK price.
  2. my X is an extreme in price and my A is the next swing retracement.
  3. My B point must be at least a .382 retracement of the XA leg
  4. If the BC retracement (C point) is less than .500 of the AB leg, i will favour convergence greater than 1.000 of XA (1.272, 1.618, 2.000, 2.618) ie butterfly
  5. If the BC retracement (C point) is greater than .500 of the AB leg, i will favour convergence less than 1.000 of the XA leg. ie gartley
  6. i consider 1-2 pip range as excellent convergence, 3-5 pip range as good convergence and 6-10 pip range as moderate/acceptable convergence based on a M30 and H1 timeframe

i do use other aspects of technical analysis to give me a better indication as to which level of convergence to place my entry if multiple levels of convergence are evident.

can any1, in particular TMB, please let me know if the general rules listed above are correct and if i am missing anything that may better help me to trade these patterns? i feel that once i have nailed TMB’s approach i will be ready to look into Carney’s work as i find it very methodological and a practical application of harmonic trading.

thanks in advance

Hi lil pip,

All sounds good to me. I would just state that your rule 3 is not a hard and fast rule according to TMB’s method. But stick to it if it’s working. Otherwise, great job. Glad to hear you’re having some success with it.
If you’re interested in Carney’s work, you can download his first book free from his website, Harmonic Trader, and then move on to his next two books.
All the best.