30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

I definately only enter trades after the pattern (D) completes & it’s great studing patterns as they form. What I’ve been doing is taking snapshots of charts as patterns develop then compare afterwards so I can help train my eyes to identify them forming. :slight_smile:

I have to keep reciting this quote to myself before trades… [I]“Trade what you see, not what you believe”[/I] from the book, “Trade What You See” [as recommended by TMB in post #4 for you new guys in the thread. :wink: great book]

Attached is a 1hr USDCAD chart with two different convergences, this is also supported by the daily which has already hit bottom “D” and started backup, opinions, critiques, observations?

Edit: be aware major news at 8:30 a.m. eastern for both of these

hi dbear
i use the CCI or RSI…i find them similar…i play with pivots now but still dont understand them quite yet and i need to read some more …

hi TMB ! i wanted to ask you for some time now how do you use the moving averages with this trading method…how do they fit ? i can’t remember you talking about MVA’s back in the thread/have red it several times/ …thanks in advance…

Along with the trade what you see, Anhtarus on your chart you passed up 3 points that are all higher then your A point on the large pattern, so correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t you put your A point at the extream?

Hey TMoneyBags,

How do you incorporate Pivot Points into your trading? Do you look for convergence of the pivots s/r’s with the fibs convergence?

Thanks!

P.s. Did you already choose your students?:slight_smile:

Nice EURGBP pattern with great convergence, and 2 PRZs (or one big one).
I prefer the lower one with ABCD completion.

Lots of action out there today, yen crab/butterfly crosses, gold…

inspira,

Nice, also confirmed on the daily as well, heads up ECB Pres Trichet speaks at 1: 00 p.m. eastern time

hi all …this one came out after or even during Trichet speech… … still riding the one Inspira posted earlier for eur/gbp,but i took the most extreme for X…i liked the lower conv lvl more but this fundamental at this exact time made me enter on 1.000 CD and 0.500 XA lvl …i think its gonna be a winner…if not- BE
thanks Inspira,i missed it today

By radofx at 2010-11-10

possible

By radofx at 2010-11-10

Yes you are quite right.

I dismissed the other prior high points as ‘noise’ rather than as the next leg from point A to point B on the smaller 1hr time frames.

But when looking at the larger frames such as the 8hr frames, my point X was not even in an extreme low, rather it was midway through a leg.

Not sure whether in a smaller time frame, one can dismiss ‘noise’ like that. But as the pattern played out, my pattern has failed in the 1 hr setup. So that would answer my question.

OK, hopefully this is a valid pattern.

NZD-USD 30min chart
Bearish Gartley
Nice convergency on XA 0.618 and XA 0.886

Is there a certain way we are supposed to work with fundamentals? I see a bearish pattern on EURUSD weekly completed but, isn’t the U.S. printing more money to devalue the dollar meaning EURUSD should be rising? Yesterday closed as a spinning top on the daily of EURUSD and today punched through the support area, whether or not it will close beyond it I don’t know.

Because of the fact that the US is a consumer nation and Europe relies on exporting goods, it is to the benefit of the European Union that the Euro drops in price and the dollar rises. To clarify, a lesser Euro means more exporting along with more jobs and cash flow. This is especially true for countries such as France and Germany which have noted increase in these fields as the Euro began to decline. The decline in their currency helped these two states tremendously and a push for it to stay on the low end and have a higher dollar so that consumers may spend more in European goods is desired. These can be clearly noted by the actions taken by the European Union when Greece and its fellow states where in question. On the other hand, the US is trying to revert back to becoming a major exporter in order to stabilize the global economy and turn the European Union into a major consumer. As a result, expect “turbulence” such as this to occur…

Okay, makes sense now

hellogoodbye4201 and TMoneyBags,

Thanks for posting the question and answer on the EURUSD fundamentals

Does anyone know when we find out who he picks?

TMoneyBags,

Below is your post from page 2 of this thread from last year, since then have you found any changes to these pairs or have they continued to follow the same?

.500, .618, .786, .886, 1.000
These are your major retracement zones and are typically the “D” area of a gartley pattern. Please note that these fibs depend on the pair that you are trading. For example, the EURO/JPY, AUD/USD and the GBP/USD for the most part have major resistance at the .500. and typically if price does not respect this area for these pairs it will continue towards the extreme levels (1.272, 1.618, etc). The EURO/USD, USD/CHF, and the NZD/USD Typically retrace from the .618 (the .500 will normally allow price to “breathe” before reaching this fib). In addition, the EUR/GBP finds support or resistance at the .786 (you can draw your fibs from high to low swings in history and you will see that 9 out of 10 times it will bounce from this point or reach its vicinity before doing a true retracement).

Thanks

No Change, these are the favored levels in the pairs mentioned when the market is symmetrical (buyers and sellers with no bias towards direction for the given time frame).

Hi TMB,

For someone who mainly watches the Asian time zones all the way through the London and early NY trade times (12pm EST), are there any particular pairs that would be best to be followed?

At the moment, I’ve got around 10-12 pairs that I’ve got charts open and continuously scan back and forth for any Gartly/Butterfly patterns.

It is quite a strenuous task to do this. Whilst it is good experience and practice in looking for patterns, I feel it kinda makes one like a jack of all trades, and not an expert at any pairs. Like understanding the fake outs, knowing when the Ds are most likely to form at what times etc etc…

Or is this not really important when trading harmonic patterns like Gartleys where pattern convergency is the main criterias?

I read somewhere where they said most Gartleys are likely to succeed in their pattern 70% of the time. Is this something you agree disagree on from your experience?