30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

hi dbear !:smiley:
the first converg lvl was hit friday late afternoon 5 pm gmt and it was converging with 100% XAā€¦2 things i didnt like then and just didnā€™t enterā€¦and the second conv lvl i entered today had nice place for a stop loss just 10 pips away-2 pips under 0,8600 ā€¦
the converg.lvl i entered was not perfect/about 10 pips wide/ and the price action during the day was weak but 10 pips SL to 30 pips reward was ok ā€¦i hope it was clear im still learning english:D

Awesome, I love these quotes, just GOLD!!
True Pro-trader thinking in my mind :slight_smile:

Hi GrandMaster Pip + Belthazarr,

Iā€™m also studying the 5-0 and spotted another one last night. Havenā€™t formulated a trade plan for these yet, but slowly building up some stats as well.

Please keep me informed if you see any others, even if theyā€™re completed.

CHFJPY 15m
And now a bullish butterfly on the end of it just as Iā€™m typing thisā€¦
ā€¦ did i tell you i LOVE Harmonicsā€¦ :smiley:

Hey CashDemon,

We were watching this one last night as wellā€¦ a few things setting up in the EUR-crosses Iā€™m noticing.
Notice the big Head 'n Shoulders measured move making nice convergence as well.

Yeah, I do expect the markets to be ā€œslowā€ and ranging this week after an event-filled week last weekā€¦ taking a breather as they say.

Great analysis and charts everyone!

Hey mate,

I usually place it beyond the PRZ and any prior S/R levels, be they swing hi/loā€™s, 00/50 levels etc.

Iā€™m not a fan of static targets or stopsā€¦ but I have noticed the ā€˜30 pip mantraā€™ is not bad.

EUR/USD
1hr chart

Bearish Butterfly in progress? Leg XA completed. Now monitoring leg A-B-C.

Oh teach me wise master. /bow

Lol! My inexperience at patterns is showingā€¦because I cannot for the life of me find a convergence at 1.60705. Naturally, you were perfectly right (went past about 5 pips) , and I hope you got some pips for it. If you donā€™t mind, let me know where you drew your fibs from. Thanks!

hi allā€¦heads up for USD/CADā€¦daily pattern near D point and 4h pattern confirming it at same converg lvlā€¦im not sure about the big pattern because at some point as you can see the CD leg went pass ABā€¦not sure if it invalidates itā€¦HELP!!!..:smiley:

By radofx at 2010-11-09

I have it as a bullish butterfly in progress w/ the XA being the CD of the last bearish butterfly which should take it up around the 1.44 level as TMB stated in post#4418. [email protected] of XA.

Hereā€™s my depiction of whatā€™s goin on:
http://oi52.tinypic.com/mt2vj7.jpg

Right O, Iā€™ve completely forgotten about TMBā€™s earlier post, even though I did read it last week.

My 1.27 extension on the XA leg would bring my butterfly pattern also to the 1.44 level, so there is some nice convergency happening there. There has been a lot of talk on this 1.44 level around in the public and media, so I think there is some self fullfilling prophecy happening hahah.

My query on my diagram was more in line with anticipating the AB and BC legs and whether people are taking profits on these levels or just purely on the D level. The pattern is still a bit early to say whether it will go as intended, but it is nice to identify and follow the patterns early on as beginners.

I am kinda expecting to hit the 1.44 level in the next 2 weeks. Maybe my timing is premature since it doesnā€™t converge with TMBs larger 2week forecast.

Iā€™ve attached the image of where I drew the fibs. It was off a 1h GBPUSD chart. The smaller, second fib, is from B to C using the extension levels. Also note that the trade in progress is a different trade entirely, much much more long term :p. I got +30 on the pattern though.

Edit: Sorry about the bad picture, donā€™t know how to get a better one :confused: The other trade btw is aiming for 1.8 on GBPUSD, but weā€™ll see how far it gets

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/25217-how-post-charts-forum.html

Dont know what to call this one. B is at almost .786XA. And PRZ convergence is at 1.13XAā€¦ A Butterfly Bat?:slight_smile:

i love Canada today ā€¦i will move there when im old and rich,and i will pay taxes for a change:D if you are young and poor,move to Bulgariaā€¦there is space:D

now i see i could have nailed 50 more pips/ so far/ but in this forex world u got to be happy on the pre set targets and just grow/DONā€™T BE GREEDY/

By radofx at 2010-11-09

PS. i still dont believe this is the REVERSAL move on this pairā€¦

I have been watching this on the both the 4 Hr and the 2 Hr chart since last week, I canā€™t believe how this took off, I had my target set at .99819 and on my chart price came down and hit it exactly; I did take a little more than 30 pips but I was conservative as well, greedy today, broke tomorrow; price is currently at 1.00811 right above the .236 from A to D

nice one dbear:Dā€¦as you can see it took off when it hit the conv lvl todayā€¦last week it missed,but we had patienceā€¦lol that is goodā€¦and the candle stick signalls on the 30 min TF today were crying for reversalā€¦we had Inverted Hammer ,Doji, another Inverted Hammer then a Hammer-all bullish -all one after another-too much to ignore on 30 min tfā€¦plus the CCI was going from oversold to -100 and up areaā€¦

ā€¦cheers to TMB

this is how i did ,i hope it it clear

By radofx at 2010-11-09

Got in just a little late to the game on this one, but I was able to get my 30 pips, but instead of having my TP at 30 Iā€™m thinking this goes up to at least 1.013 and put my TP there. Now that itā€™s passed up a 30 TP Iā€™ve moved my SL to +30 pips and see where it goes, if it hits the SL I loose nothing, if it goes up, itā€™s all gains :slight_smile:

Guess we gotta rethink our analysis on the EU, Anhtarus. :slight_smile:

Haha. Yes, indeed.

I think I better go back to basics and wait for the C,B legs to form and simply wait for the D legs to then enter trades. Although it doesnā€™t hurt to try to identify patterns early and then follow them.

I did look at the USD/CAD chart but the pattern didnā€™t jump out for me, instead I keep seeing this double top pattern and was wondering what the significance of that was. Instead it was a Gartley 222 hiding in there too.

Anyway, good learning experience.

AUD/USD 1hr chart.

Is this a Bullish Gartley forming into the D leg? Not sure if the convergence is considered valid.

cashDemoN

That pic is great, I will have to pay more attention to the lower charts and the candlestick patterns, is the CCI the only indicator you use?