30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

niiiiiice one…i have to read about it…isnt it great…all info is free :smiley:

I honestly don’t recommend it. It comes free with my charting software and I worked along with it for a couple of weeks a long time ago now. First I identified myself some patterns and then I took a look at what the software was telling me. The results were not really good for autochartist.

It could potentially help you identify which pairs to watch, but that is something that I also prefer to do by myself.

As Hellogoobye said, it’s better if you learn to identify patterns by yourself. It will help you better in the long run and your eye will be better trained to spot quality patterns.

My two cents. :slight_smile:

Thank you guys for your opinions… the broker that offers autochartist to answer your question hellogoodbye is alpari us… i’ve seen the video tutorials they have on autochartist, it looks interesting, but i think i’ll have to agree with everyone that i’ll need to train my eye in order to spot these patterns, matter of fact, i’m ordering the book called Trade What You See, hopefully it helps me in spotting patterns… I am trying to learn how to spot ABCD, butterfly, gartley patterns, and also on how to correctly use fibonacci levels, it seems to me using patterns and fibonacci levels works well when trying to speculate where the market is going…hellogoodbye, if you could, i’d love to give that indicator a try, maybe it’ll help me spot the patterns a lot better

Thanks, would you recommend any books or online material i can read?

hi WRTM 19…long time no posts here…hehe hope you are doing good…

GUYS i found it …the famoust interview of FX club…this is how a broker attracts fresh meat…enought patterns for a momment…lets have a laugh,enjoy

We flew all the way to Shanghai from our New York office to meet this young teacher who showed an impressive 61,595% return on his investment ($247,210 from the initial investment of $300). This man has made more than 1 million Chinese yuan in just one month amid the global financial crisis. We had to interview him.

Forex Club: Mr. Likui, how did you end up trading currencies with Forex Club?

Chen Likui: I saved up some money and wanted to invest it. I considered the stock market, but did not like the fact that its working hours were the same as mine, so I looked into Forex trading, the online currency market. I went to Google, found Forex Club’s website and spent at least two hours studying the website. I opened an account with a small deposit about half a year ago.

FC: Why did you choose Forex Club among other brokers?

CL: I saw Forex Club’s advertising on some prominent financial website and concluded that only a serious broker could afford such placement. I later found out that Forex Club does not charge commissions on trades that are not profitable for customers and after that my choice was a no-brainer.

FC: What currency pairs do you usually trade and what pairs did you use to show such returns?

CL: I prefer trading GBP/JPY. I always show pretty good results when trading this pair.

FC: Do you use a trading strategy?

CL: Of course. I place orders and carefully analyze how the price is moving. I am very strict about limit orders and try not to get too greedy. I consider a 10% profit as a good trade.

FC: What trading platform do you trade with?

CL: I trade on both Rumus2 and Express. I think both of these platforms are not very difficult to use and both have fair quotes.

FC: Were you expecting to see such returns when you were just starting to trade?

CL: When I started trading, I had no idea I would make so much. I was only hoping to make some more, but once I figured it out and learned how to save profits, more profits started coming in.

FC: Do you plan to withdraw your funds or to keep trading Forex?

CL: That’s a hard question. Big investments means big risks. I am thinking about splitting my capital in different parts, trading with some, saving the rest.

FC: Have you had any problems withdrawing your funds from Forex Club?

CL: I was surprised with how fast I received my money, considering how much I was withdrawing.

FC: Have you tried trading platforms by other companies?

CL: I tried a few trading platforms, but I personally do not like platforms that have slippage. Prices could change quickly and if there is slippage, you cannot limit losses. I prefer platforms that don’t have any slippage.

FC: What do you think about the stock market?

CL: There are similarities between Forex and the stock market, but I prefer to trade on short time frames and do not like the strict rules [of stock trading]. This is why I prefer the currency market.

FC: What would you recommend to those who are new to Forex?

CL: I would recommend not to invest a lot until you learn how to trade. Start with a little; even $10 is enough and learn to limit losses. Only then can you think about trading more seriously.

FC: Do you think this global financial crisis will have an impact on the Forex market?

CL: Yes, there is a global financial crisis, but risks and opportunities on Forex are the same. There are even more [opportunities] for active traders. The question is how you utilize them to your advantage.

cashDEMON

hi man …i will…first welcome:D
read the whooole 30 pips a day thread
…then the books recomendet here…they are 3 or 4 max…then spend some time practice practice practice…and then read the whooole 30 pips a day thread again … and there you are done…:D…you need 4 to 16 weeks…it depends how much time u have…i started seeing patterns everywhere i look after 8-10 weeks-12 hours a day working out…but i have dificulties with english language so i consider it average…good luck…and dont think you will stop learning some day…if you do …better dont start lol
hope its clear :eek:

thanks, the whole thread? wow, thats gonna be a while, i only read like the first 10 pages or so, but its a very interesting thread… i’ve only been trading since may of this year, so far no luck, but i would love to achieve a goal of 100 pips a day or at least 1000 per month, i have tried lots of strategies but i still feel unclear of when to enter the market at a good time or to find a good ratio trades where its at least 1:1 or better, i’ve come across a strategy where it requires me to look at the charts once a day for 30 mins after the daily candle closes, but so far i’ve been doing that and still haven’t gotten into a trade yet, its more of a longer term trading… honestly, i’m still learning, i don’t think its ever going to stop, not with forex at least, but i don’t mind it, just as long as i can be profitable in the end and do this full time, beats working for someone else

This thread is a good read along with a few others. I forget the name of one but I think it is technical templates continued. Also, the school on this site is a really good source of info and reading through the whole thing will only improve your trading. I have books about trader psychology and books about trading methods and by far the psychology books are better. The books about how to trade aren’t worth it, their methods are nothing better than you can find for free anywhere else and often times only perform well in hindsight.

hi man…ok if your are trading 100 000 account with 10 cents per pip and 45 closed positions fot the day you might end with +100 pips and +27 euros in your account…and very very tired…:smiley: you dont want that…go for 20-30 pips a day…know RRR and MM and read the whole thread…if not,macdonalds is still hiring:D…good luck bro

Read this thread: 301 Moved Permanently

Watch every video, it will help you for sure. Remember to set small goals at first.

hellogoodbye, i’ve already went through the school on this site, i agree with you, its very helpful, i’ve actually went through it several times, few times a while back, and recently once more when i found out that they did something different to the school on this site…now psychology books on trading, sounds very interesting, i’ll have to read some of those…can you recommend anything on fibonacci levels and how to properly use them? i’ve been having lots of problems with fibonacci levels, i don’t know if i’m placing them in the right spot or what, plus there’s a whole issue with different timeframes, i’m not sure which one is best to use…

lol i know, i have tried doing a 100 pips a day before, i got very tired and well, i started going somewhat crazy, sleep deprived, well lets just say it wasn’t good, that why i kind of like the idea of only going for 30 pips per day, i guess slow but steady always wins the race right? :slight_smile: turns out that way in most cases i guess, i probably just need to focus on relaxing

i’ll read this thread right now, watch all the videos, and i’ll get back to you, thanks

I’d recommend Scott Carney’s free pdf ebook as well.

And Leslie Jouflas (coauthor TWUC) runs regular webinars on some of the harmonic patterns too… google her. :wink:
I believe she has some upcoming webcasts from the Las Vegas Moneyshow this week in fact.

Also highly recommend printing out a copy of the harmonic pictures to have beside you - will really advance your pattern recognition skills!
Some of us posted a summary a while back…

Happy studying,
inspira

Download, “The Rules Of The Trade” by TMBags.

You guys need to rate this thread 5 stars…Its only 4 now!:eek:

inspira, i’ve googled scott carney for his ebook, i found so much stuff online for him, i’m not 100% sure which is the right ebook i’m looking for.

Regarding Leslie Jouflas, i think i found what you were talking about.
About the harmonic patterns, i’ve already done so today because i figured i should start studying them to get good at spotting them. i printed them off fx360.com i think they are good.

pbylina, about the rules of the trade by tmbags, i cannot find it, i googled and came up nothing :frowning:

hellogoodbye, thank you so much for that thread that you sent me to, i watched all the videos theinnercircletrader posted, very good stuff, what fascinated me the most is the fact that i’ve went through most of the stuff he talks about myself, yet one thing i’m having a hard time to control is anxiety lol, gotta work on that one, i’m going to follow that thread and this one, still gotta finish reading this thread, 450 pages, oh boy, i hope all of it is worth just like the first 10 pages were :slight_smile:

PS i found this indicator online on mql4 site that supposed to chart out the harmonic patterns, i have no idea if its good or what, but i’ll give it a try… i’m still going to learn this stuff so i can do it without indicators :slight_smile:

Click here for the Rules Of The Trade PDF (it is attached to this thread).

Click here for the Preventing Fake outs PDF

You should follow these two PDF’s when you begin to understand how to trade harmonic patterns. In the mean time take a glance so you can familiarize your self with the rules of this system and learn to analyze markets. In addition, please visit the following two links which are my tutorial videos:

Tutorial I || Tutorial II

In regards to using using indicators for finding harmonic patterns… I suggest that you print out charts on different markets and time frames (using current or past data) and try to visually determine what would be a pattern. This is by far the best way to learn how to find these patterns on the spot. If you are unsure on what is a correct pattern, simply post what you have found and someone will respond to your question ASAP.

Thank you for speaking out and joining the community.

needmoreinfo,

I am new at this as well, one of things that has helped me is looking at all the patterns that these guys post. They have helped me tremendously to see patterns that I would not have seen on all different time frames which helps to reinforce all that is on here. TMB maybe you could post the link to the web page that has all your patterns on it as well; it is awesome when you finally start to recognize these patterns and then someone posts the same one here and you know you are on the right track

what do you guys think of this?? Am I getting it? lol after viewing those videos i figuered i’ll look at some charts, this pretty recent, fyi i couldn’t draw yellow lines from x to a to b to c to d, cause mt4 doesn’t have that option, unless i’m not seeing it lol … well anyways, please criticize me and tell me if i’m wrong, if not, this is awesome, except i can’t use it cause the time already passed :frowning: