30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Carney’s official website is harmonictrader.com, there’s a link to the pdf from the front page as well as info on all the harmonic patterns.

Re: indicators - I also recommend you learn the intricacies of each pattern you want to trade before you start using the indicators. It definitely speeds things up a little but you can’t just blindly trade every pattern that you’re alerted to - it’s essential to know what constitutes a “good” vs bad one for example…

There are no shortcuts in this business. :wink:

CHF/JPY 1hr chart.

Bearish Gartley in progress?

Only problem is, I can’t seem to decide where to place the B & C points.

If I follow the rules, the BC points should be at the BLUE ones. However, there is no convergency with XA retracements.

If I ignored that long spike where my BLUE ‘C’ position is (call it noise data), and choose the yellow B & C points, then, I have nice convergency with XA at the 0.786 & 1.618 lines.

Just wondering what the rest’s opinions are on this one.

this is my newbie way of thinking, idk maybe this is any good, i’m trying to see patterns lol

yes,you are getting there…: )

“The EUR/GBP finds support or resistance at the .786 (you can draw your fibs from high to low swings in history and you will see that 9 out of 10 times it will bounce from this point or reach its vicinity before doing a true retracement).”

quote from TMB

for those interested

i’ve been trying to find patterns, sometimes i cannot find them, or they just don’t add up i guess i should say, but i’m liking this much more, sorta makes it fun to trade again :slight_smile:

Thanks TMB. Appreciate your eagerness to help your fellow traders.

Sorry everyone I haven’t posted a chart this week! Been kinda busy, but I’ve setup my meetpips account and I’ll be posting my daily setups there and here.

Good luck tommorrow all!

EURCHF 4 HR

Can someone share their opinion on what this is going to do, I am done, it has excellent convergence at 1.000/.618 but it is just hanging there like it could fall off a cliff, or bust through the ceiling and take off, it is also part of a BC leg on the 8 HR time frame.

Edit: I hope I have answered my own question with the weekly chart showing that this leg is part of the CD leg headed up towards 1.43000? Thanks in advance for someone’s wisdom

I had the same doubts. I actually placed an order. Deleted it after rechecking the chart. Someone else may be able to explain why but there is major support that has formed right below our entry point here. I would suggest that the complete lack of time symmetry here has invalidated this pattern. I am willing to forgive alot of time inconsistency but here we have a major difference in the AB and CD legs. Not to mention that insane volatility after the fed survey release. I wouldn’t risk it.

Edit: I figured 1.36 was an important psych level for the pair. Looked back and it seems price always respects that level and either bounces or shoots through it.

I could be wrong but I would expect, if the pattern where a valid one, the price action to respect it, to an extent, regardless of the larger timeframe pattern. It obviously wouldn’t signal a reversal, but we should see some resistance at that point - not 10 pips from it lol.

I thought this was a pretty perfect variation setup to be honest. And plenty of time to get involved too, you just had to be patient.

Beautiful tight convergence, near-100% ABCD completion @ 00 S/R levels. Sure, the heavy consolidation just below the 00 may have been cause for hesitation but for me, this offered outstanding RRRs and was a no-brainer.

The inconsistent time symmetry of the AB and CD swings didn’t worry me… I like to see rough time symmetries in X-B legs and B-D legs as well, and this looked ok to me at ~2:1 (41:22 hr bars each).

I’ve not heard of that before but I will keep an eye out to see how that affects it. Thanks for the tip.

For anyone trading from the start of the week, this may interest you…

Iv attached a chart displaying the EJ H4, you will notice two possible entries on the first chart.

the first pattern is a bearish bat depicted by the blue lines (lower blue box represents PRZ)

the second is a bearish deep crab using a lower x point but same A B and C points.

to make things interesting, the pair has formed an inverse head and shoulders pattern which is the second attachment. on this chart you can see the expected completion area of the H&S pattern…

this pattern completion is in closer proximity to the bearish deep crab (115.50) completion point, but the lesson of the trade is for those who try to trade up the CD leg… i guess this is what you look out for.

im currently trading up the CD leg and will hedge my trades once a true D point is established.

Looks like it did deep a rebound at the 0.886 of XA. Hope you got out in time. I’ve become wary of trading CD legs because of these early rebounds.

does any1 see this, or am i wrong? this is a daily chart on eur/usd… also i was wondering, do you guys find patterns every single day and just collect 30 pips? or do you guys see patterns maybe every other day? All the patterns i’ve been finding are the ones that already formed and basically i’m late to enter them, this is what i’m having problems with, is to catch them while they are forming, any advice or ideas??

Thanks in advance :smiley:

Hi,

Like everything the more you do it the better you get … So, the more you study patterns the more you will see and the more you will see ahead of time … Some folks here will go for 30 pips and some will go for longer moves … Basically you need to find out what suits you and then go with that.

Ask yourself some questions like: can I hold a trade for hours/days to get the big moves, do I feel comfortable seeing lots of profit come back (as that will happen when trying to hold for longer periods), am I more comfortable being in and out of the trade with a small piece and can I sit comfortably after I exit and watch it travel for hundreds of pips.

Answer these and others like it and you’ll start to hone in on what is right for you. We are all different and what works for someone else doesnt necessarily mean it will work for all.

Spiros

Spiros, thanks for that, but i got a question for you… Lets say i want to get in on a bigger move such as the one i posted not too long ago, how would i know when is a good time to jump in the market?

by the way, i’m reading this book that everyone seems to say good things about, Trade What You See, its really good, but like i was saying, i can’t seem to catch those patterns in time, not even one and i don’t feel comfortably placing pending orders in an unknown area if you know what i mean, any suggestions for that?

Hi needmoreinfo,

Again order placement is a personal thing and do what you feel comfortable with … Some folks dont feel comfortable placing pending trades ahead of time.

I place the majority of my trades as pending orders and these are all worked out ahead of time and I have a complete trading plan for that trade ahead of time … I only do this when I can identify a good pattern along with a good area of s/r that lines up with the pattern … If I am in doubt then I can have my trade plan worked out and then see if I can get a candle stick pattern in the area I want and then place the trade.

I like this approach as it allows me to work out the trade plan for that particular trade well in advance and in a calm atmosphere with no pressure of making a hasty decision. Its then up to me to trade my plan.

I’m getting better at this as time goes by as we all learn and grow all the time as its a never ending journey.

Spiros

hi…IMO if you want to trade big setups,jump in on the big TFs just trade it with bigger SL and smaller position size…TMB had a post about trading big TFs 10-20 pages back/try his 10 last posts and you will find it/

…and for the placing pending orders in an unknown areas…just dont do it:)
watch the setups and when they are in the reversal area,then pay attention to them…
all will get easier for you with practice…
go back in history on any pair and find 10-20 patterns per day and after 2 weeks
you will see the diference…hope that helps…
peace:)

spiros and cashdemon,

Thank you for your opinions and advice. I’m going to look for these patterns and if i find something good, i’m going to post it here so someone can tell me if i’m doing it right or not :slight_smile: