30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

lol lol, very funny Sweetpip, as long as I am left breathing.

Bank

Yes, thatā€™s too bad tooā€¦ but aside from that, lots of good reference in there. I suppose the problem with it is where to draw the fibs from, and which fib line(s) would price respect, but otherwise it really helps one learn fibs in general.

I got into that thread way back when I first joined BPsā€¦and thatā€™s why I think I am able to pick up on this technique so easily, although I didnā€™t pick up on the fact that gartleys where fib patterns involving that AB pattern, although I knew they had fibs in them, just didnā€™t make the connection :eek:ā€¦till now!!!..(meaning beginning of this thread and not todayā€¦lol). To me thatā€™s coming full circleā€¦(not sure what sniper meant thoā€¦lol)

:slight_smile:

You donā€™t see many threads with almost 500 replies in the first two weeks. This thing is rockinā€™! Props to you TMB and all the other contributors! :smiley:

Hello what do you guys think about this pattern? Eur/gbp 1hr.

Thanks!

Oh yes you said it! and also, this thread has such a good vibe!

I still plan to take a read. I love to read, there is just always something to improve on what you have. I learnt Fibs from the FOREX course offered by Market Traders Institute. The ABCD approach is different. For instance no X was involved which allows for pattern recognition and so forth. So I find this thread very enlightening and gives a lot more precision to my entries. I was trading just candlesticks, then I learnt Tymenā€™s approach, which I still use to enter on retraces, then IBs, and finally Butterflies and Gartleys. They all work hand in hand I find and give me a more structured trading approach. Yes, as they sayā€¦work in progress. I am learning this method and like it very much. Sort of want to anchor with these that I am most comfortable with.

Bank

Heh to be honest I didnā€™t know I was in the trade until it triggered the second entry (was showering). But, even if I where conscious of the trade failing at the .500, I would have let the trade run towards my second entry and set my fail point at the close bellow the .618. The reason I would do this is because I had convergence with two major fib at the .500 and 100% of CD (.236 longer extension). In addition, the 127% converged perfectly with the .618 and there was a major trend line just bellow where the entry took place (crossing with the fib). Further more when a trend line crosses with a fib point that has convergence and price hits that exact spot, there will always be a major reaction in the market (so take note of this). This information along with other patterns forming for dollar weakness preparing for the major sell patterns (this patterns target 3 converged with the sell entry we are waiting for) is reason enough to keep me in the trade.

As a result, such a method of trading I do not recommend for those who have not built the confidence yet to trade these patterns efficiently because then as you say, you would ā€œfind any reasonā€ to move your stop. Which I my self have done in the past. The difference here, is that I have an extreme amount of information confirming the resistance in the area I was trading (which is why price respected the zone so much and retraced fully back to the first convergence in one bar). Once you are able to master this technique you will be able to do such as I and it is a great way to make up for mistakes once you master it.

Hey wrtm, I got the same convergence at 0.8818

Fi Real man! (Jamaican for right on) :slight_smile:

I guess weā€™re not that lost eh!!!:cool:

Its a sign we are making progress :smiley:

Yes, that is one of the entries we are waiting for.
See bellow:

*Note: A .786 fib level from the daily also converges exactly on the .886 of the 60 min pattern.

:rolleyes: Look free trade signals :smiley:

Why donā€™t you have t/p values (limits) set in all your orders?..(well except for the one eurjpy order)

Good Evening All,

I am signing off until London open. Happy trading to you All!

Bank

I donā€™t have the entries set, their just there for reference until london open. Iā€™m not trading until my shift starts ;). Guess I was lazy to calculate the pip limits! sorry lolā€¦ but that one is 30 pips

Thanks TmB, I think I should look before posting. Haha and yes we have awesome training PLUS free signals! All in the same package.

I have a question; since we have lots of pips between our D and our.500 fibs from A to D, can we wide our take profit to more than 30 pips? Do you do so? or even with major reversals you stick to your 30 pips rule?

Thanks so much!

TmB, Is this the pattern you spotted for you Gbp/usd 1.5251 entry?

Successful GBP/USD buy at 1.4996

I stick to the 30 pip rule no matter what D to the target is, if its 50 pips or 500 pip. I only make the exception when I see that it can accomplish a 60 pip move for in a sort amount of time (but make sure I close at 30 pips if a market reversal is signaled.

Grats to those who stuck in for that EG trade. paid off nicely.