30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

For your records :wink:

Cheers!

there is one thing I do not understand since I started to learn butlerflyes and gartleys, XD, AC, XB, BD ??? I think it is very easy but very confusing to me, maybe you do not understand my question because it is stupid.

Hi Braindamage,

What you’ve circled above is the retracement…

For example, look at the Bullish Gartley Pattern above:
“xB” is the 0.618 retracement of XA (If you draw a Fib line from X to A, look at the 0.618 area, and that is where “xB” has retrace to…so “XB”, known as just “B”, is the 0.618 retracement of Fib line XA)

X"B" = retracement of XA (.618)
A"C" = retracement of AB (.382/.886)
B"D" = retracement of BC (1.27/1.618)
X"D" = retracement of XA (.786)

Will D form around 1.3621?

If so, I can sell there and TP at T1 and/or T2.

There are NO stupid questions! Only Stupip answers :smiley: Stupip has given you a start, however, do yourself a favour and read the entire thread (yes, it is long and arduous, but nothing worthwhile was ever easy ;)). In addition to this, get a free copy of Mark Douglas’ book, “The Harmonic Trader” (Welcome to Harmonic Trader) and also read Larry Pesavento’s “Trade What You See” (which TMB suggested). There’s no avoiding the homework amigo :wink:

Cheers!

When a new “C” formed on the above 1 hour chart…I had to adjust my drawing with the current market condition…

So I looked at the 30MIN chart, drew XABC and found that a “D” may form at 1.3430.

I entered a Limit Buy Order at 1.3430…my order was hit.

Please help me figure where to take my profit…

1. TP NOW
  2. at T1 (1.3490)
  3. let it run to T2 (1.3590)

Click chart below:

TMB mentioned that we buy Eur/Aud long-term…

He also said to pick the right spot…

For me, I enter a few times without finding convergence, and kept getting stopped out…

So I did some drawings…but still didn’t find much convergence…except for the 1 hr chart…but the convergence is still 5 pips off…

What do yall think, should we enter a long order @3175?

Thank you TMB…

I made 60 pips today thanks to your thread…

This was my first success with the system.

Thanks again.

Is this butterfly theory realy works?

Yes, about the 70% of the times.

Stupip, thanks for the help w my doubt.

I’m reading this book one month (Trade What You See), I do not have much time available for read/trade and wanted to ask you, what parts of the books are indispensable for further intend to gartleys and Butterfly?

The contents of this thread helped me a lot more than the book (Trade What You See).
Thanks again and sorry for my english.

Aud/Usd TF30m: 161% CD converge well with .500 XA

Gbp/Usd TF30m: 0.886% CD converged with 0.500 XA

0.61% CD with 0.382XA but i think is invalid.

I’ve only scanned a few pages from Trade What You See…

I mostly learned through TMB’s youtube videos…combined with The Harmonic Trader (which was easier to read for me)

Links:

1. Harmonic Trader.pdf = SCOTT M Carney - pdf

2. TMB youtube videos = Identify Gartley 222 and Butterfly Patterns using Fibonacci 1 of 2. - YouTube, Identify Gartley 222 and Butterfly Patterns using Fibonacci 2 of 2. - YouTube

In regards to GBP/USD:

Why did you think .618CD with .382XA was invalid, and .886CD with .500XA was valid?

Generally, CD must be greater than AB, BUT it did work in your favor…was that luck or skill? how did it turn out for you?

ruanjian,

i like the kiwi too

there is also an aussie bullish butterfly 0.9970, which may outperform for a while given audnzd view up to 1.34ish

. there is an m30 crab with d 0.9960 that could fine tune the entry if we get a little fakeout on london open.

this would fit nicely with idea of one more push on ucad up to possible bearish butterfly forming at 1.0320

no position yet. preference for kiwi. waiting for the knife to stop twanging.

I thought it was invalid

Today I gave a shot in the dark, i made my 1st trade, i thought would make 50 pips on EUR / USD,40 USD/CHF.

It was to be placed 30 pips profit only, but I was unfocused and did not go as expected.
Any suggestions?:wink:

What u guys think about that, 127% converge with 1.000 XA, but C is above A.

Hey, Braindamage. C can never be higher than A. You might get resistance on the 1.272 based the bullish engulfing candle at your X, but it won’t be a Gartley. Sorry.

Pattern developing on the NZD/USD 1H timeframe.

very nice post piporama…

i have a question, does the fib levels need to be precisely as those listed in your attachement? or as long as it meets or exceed the fib points shown in order to be considered a valid pattern?

what does your experience tell you so far?

thanks in advanced! :smiley: