30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

May I suggest that we load the charts in the babypips website other than an external address? Looking back of the thread, some charts were not ther anymore because of the close down of other address or expiration of the storage conditions?

Thanks,

hi everyone a daily bearish gartley is nearly formed, it would be worth to monitor the 4h/1h chart and catch the pips.

au 1D gartley

oil
bullish butterfly 4h

By radofx at 2012-02-02

May I ask you if a pattern can be valid if part of the pattern is on Friday, and the other part of the pattern is on Monday? Lets say, X,A,B on Friday and C,D on Monday.

This is an example of what Iā€™m asking. You can see that points B,C,D are at the right fibonacci levels, but between C an D there is a high point that is almost the same value of the D value, this is 1.00043 and the D value is 1.00044.

Is this ok? What would happen if D would be a little lower, lets say, 1.00042, a pipette lower?

Thanks.

USD/CAD 30 min XA 1.272 = CD 1.000

Two possible turning points
Xa .707 = cd 1.618
xa .886 = cd 2.000

two potential patterns eu 30 m and eg 1h

Your D has already formed at the earlier peak (2 Feb ~20:00).

update edit: you could have a new pattern, x at your 2 feb 20:00, your red circle as b, c retraced .386, then ab=cd to your new D.

Yes, no, maybe? TP for 100.50ā€¦

Possible short op for EU @ 1.3192ā€¦

Sorry Stupip, for some reason I cannot see your charts. It is only me or else? Here is an example of my screen i got.

aj 4h gartley

hiā€¦oil 5 min buy setup
this is what happens when a simple 0,618 retracement meets a trend line and they both meet with the priceā€¦total mess LOL
happy weekend :slight_smile:

By radofx at 2012-02-03

Hi here are the steps to upload images to the babypips website (actually in your own account in babypips). It would save a lot of trouble comparing to save to an external website.

Iā€™m having a trouble placing stops. I know I can place targets at any level between 23.6% to 61.8%, because the price tends to reverse to that levels, but where I can place the stops.

for bat and gartley, I read that above/below the X is good place, and for butterfly and crab just above/below the last level of the PRZ (161.8% for butterfly, 361.8% for crab)

But that levels sometimes are pretty far from entry point, lets say, in gartley the entry should be at 0.786XA, and the stop some pips above the X, that leaves the trade with a stop that is 0.214XA size. If I want my first profit to be the same size of the stop, to have a free trade, then sometimes the TP will be about 40% of CD, and as I see the most common level that is touched is the 23.6%.

Is there another place to put the stops, or Iā€™m missing something with that?

thanks

Is this patterns a valid BAT? What do you think about the stop selection? do you think there is a better place to put the stop?

workout time

Iā€™m a newbie and also very curious and wanting to learn hehehe. I have some questions I hope someone is willing to clarify to me :slight_smile:

Does anyone have heard about ā€œthe 0.382 trailerā€?

I want to determine if there is a ā€œconfluenceā€ of fibonacci levels in the PRZ, and I want to do this objectively. The way Iā€™m thinking about it is, if there is 3 fibo levels in the PRZ, that are from higher to lower less than the ATR, then there is a confluence. In 5M the ATR(20) is about 4-5 pips in almost all pairs I trade, and frequently the PRZ is wider than that, so if 3 fibo levels are inside that range of 4-5 pips, it can be considered as confluent levels. Am I ok? or you use another rule or measure for this?

Thanks

Hey Newbabyfxx,

Itā€™s actually alot quicker and easier for meā€¦and shows up here wellā€¦

1. Itā€™s quicker, faster, easierā€¦just press Print Screen and Paste Directlyā€¦and it gives me a link to post here instantly.
  2. It Automatically saves/archived all my Screen-Shots onlineā€¦so I can access from anywhereā€¦
  3. It allows you to click and zoom in to full sizeā€¦so you can clearly see my analysis and pricesā€¦most charts I canā€™t zoom inā€¦
  4. Most charts I canā€™t see, unless Iā€™m logged inā€¦with this, it doesnā€™t matterā€¦
  5. There are no ads

Is that TMB? :slight_smile:

not yet lol