30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

Hi Stupip, it is just a suggestion, no offence. :slight_smile:

I can see your point. Especially you can zoom in to full size is an advantage in your external website.

Because I cannot see you pictures, I thought it maybe a technical issue from different website/systems. In addition, when I read the earlier posts, some imortant posts with external storage were not able to show their images anymore, due to expiration of storage/website close down/technical issues, so I felt that we could avoid those issues by use babypips website. Afterall it is a babypips thread. If the thread exists, babypips website certainly exists.:21:

How is your cd leg trade? I have learned a lot from your cd leg trade initiation, thanks :slight_smile:

Hi medisoft, the C in your second chart should be after the B?

Maybe we can get together in the babypips chatroom sometimeā€¦all of usā€¦and trade togetherā€¦

CD trade was doing well at firstā€¦I made over 45% increase in less than a week of tradingā€¦BUTā€¦after getting stopped out early on my AU long tradeā€¦I got really frustratedā€¦and entered into many trades, one or several after the otherā€¦using all types of different methodsā€¦even when I felt confusedā€¦

The resultsā€¦I loss over 50% of my accountā€¦and starting overā€¦

I still a newbie, to this and forexā€¦and tradingā€¦testing the watersā€¦hoping for a life changeā€¦
[B]
TMBā€¦how was your life before forex and now?[/B]

Were you always successful, or came from a rich family? Or did you started off with lots of strugglesā€¦howā€™s family now? Travel? Cars? Houses? Yachts? Jets? Hotels?

Your story would be very inspirational to usā€¦

Thank you for your contributions to the community and for keeping this thread active for so long!.. wow its 400k+ views XD

Discipline is what we all need to hold on in a difficult situation. It is the hardest to always have discipline. Even TMB could lose it, and which has especially encouraged me greatly and given me hope that we can success even we are not at some stage, if we have discipline. We need re-visit TMBā€™s post #708 page 71 and learn from it. It would be good to have this post printed out and to stick side by side with the rules of trade by TMB. :slight_smile:

I use both wick to wick and wick to bodyā€¦

I useā€¦
[B]Wick to Body:[/B] If Highest Wick and Highest Closing Bar is the [B]Same Barā€¦[/B]

I useā€¦
[B]Wick to Wick:[/B] If Highest Wick and Highest Closing Bar are [B]Different Barsā€¦[/B]

I do this because I notice my D entry seems more accurate, therefore, I can risk less per tradeā€¦I also find better convergence, as I require very close convergence (generally line to line) before I trade.

I also trade C to D movesā€¦so I like those trades to be line touching line (or very close).

Secodn chance for longing eu? 1h pattern

and a potential gu 1h gartley?

au 1h gartley cd leg

ej 1h gartley with trendline support

Hey guys, been trading with fibs for a while but never totally got the grasp of patterns. I wanted to ask if when yaā€™ll see a pattern with multiple convergences what do you do?

Wanted to change my previous statement ā€œhavenā€™t got the grasp onā€ to I literally thought gartleyā€™s were only valid if they hit 618% and butterflyā€™s at the 786%, I wondered why I had a 35% win record, although the patterns that did work were enough so that I could still make money with horrible statistics.

Hi Jak, by following TMB method through this thread, i understand that the market is evolving. So apart from the pattern itsself, you also need pay attention to the price structures (candle patterns), the trend and trendlines, the fakeout hours of the trading dayā€¦ I suggest you read through the thread to get the whole story of this method. I am still at the early stage of learning this method, but it works well.

Hope it helps, :slight_smile:

gj 15 m gartley/butterfly cd trade

An pending order was triggered earlier than expected. I was expecting the order being triggered around 5-6 am but triggered around 2-3 am. The price was 7 pips away from +30 pips and turned out lost -9.6 pips. :26:

two daily gartleys au 1D

AUD/USD 15m Possible bullish gartley?

Any thoughts or ideas?

looks valid for me. and it is within the main trend. Good luck

update: and it is at the same point of a previous gartley .707/161.8%CD

Hi! I just did an ā€œextensiveā€ analysis of harmonic patterns, using an automatic method that detects the patterns, and simulate I have traded them. So far, the best one is Butterfly, with near 80% success, followed by Crab and Gartley with about 70% success. I found that Bats are not very good, but I need to say that my code did not check the AB=CD condition, so the patterns could have a better success rate.

I did the tests since January 1st 2012 to-date. I use an automatic stop loss and take profits. The stop loss was placed outside the PRZ plus 1ATR, calculating the PRZ with the extreme fibonacci levels for each pattern. I named them PRZi (start) and PRZf (PRZ end). This is showed on my charts as a filled rectangle in the PRZ zone. The Stop loss is then placed 1ATR(20) after the PRZf.

The Take Profit is tested in 2 parts, the first one is on the 38.2%CD and the second in 78.6%CD. After the 38.2%CD is reached, I move the stops to Break even (0%CD), so I get a free trade.

This is the method I used to test the pattern efficacy.

For butterfly, using High and Lows for fibonacci, I got 18.6% of time the 38.2%CD is reached, then the price retraced to SL, 60.2% the price reached 78.6%, 13.4% the price went directly to the SL, and only 7.6% the price touched the 23.6%CD and then retraced to SL. This shows that 18.6%+60.2% of time the pattern is successful, and 13.4%+7.6% of time, the pattern generated a loss. That is a 78.8% of time the pattern wins, this without checking the AB=CD, nor candlesticks or another way of confirmation, only checking the fibonacci ratios.

This confirms that harmonic trading is profitable system indeed, but when I do live testing I get a pretty bad results, so I was thinking that the backtesting have a difference with live testing: in back testing I know when the candle that formed the pattern is closed, and know the high/low of that candle, in live testing I donā€™t. So I was wondering what happens if I better enter the trade once the candle that forms in D point finishes, this way is almost the same way that the back test program did, with the difference that the entry price on back test is better than in live test.

[B]The question here is, do you enter a trade with harmonic patterns, once the pattern is finished? or do you place the trades as limit orders on the PRZ area setting SL and TP levels, and forget about it?

I know you also check the behavior of candlesticks on the PRZ, but suppose that the candlestick pattern is OK, like tweezer, morning/evening star, or pinbars, do you enter the trade once the candle finishes forming the harmonic pattern and the candle pattern or just enter the trade when the candle is inside the PRZ with the right fibonacci ratios?
[/B]

Oh, I forgot to say that for butterfly I got 1124 samples, for crab 1054, for gartley 1833 in 14 pairs with spread of 5 pips or less

Very Goodā€¦I usually use limit ordersā€¦and forget about itā€¦and figure my TS, SL, TP based on the patternā€¦

My first TP is usually 30%ā€¦TS is usually 1/2 my TP or more. SL dependsā€¦thatā€™s the trickiest oneā€¦could be just passed the next fib CD level, or XA level, or a trendline, or a pivot pointā€¦

Since I like to trade from C to Dā€¦I think this program will do well with thatā€¦

Once it finds a C, it can enter, set a SL a few pipsā€¦and TP1 at 30%, with TS at 50%+ of TPā€¦

Can you share the program/indiā€¦Iā€™d like to apply it to my CD tradesā€¦

Is there an alert for upcoming patternsā€¦(itā€™s cool that it can trade automatically)

PSā€¦most people watch how the candle closes, and trendlines at the D point before entry, and monitor itā€¦(Iā€™m usually asleep when Iā€™m in a trade : )

Thereā€™s also another strategy that maybe you can implement with thisā€¦but itā€™s kind of in the starsā€¦

Hi Medisoft,

Congratulatins for the marvellous achievement. I am sure you would improve your system with this kind of attitude and effort. Apart from the success rate judging from the retracement of different fibs, did you have data for the wining and losing pips in the history and live tests?

If, as you assume that the candlestick pattern is ā€œOKā€ (no strong price movement, and the price will reverse after the close), then I would have pending orders, which whould be triggered as soon as the price reaches it, therefore before the entry bar closes. But in fact, if the price movement is very strong, i would not entry at the trigger point, or would not enter at all.

Bye the way, did you tested those patterns in the same time frame charts or in multiple time frames? If it was the latter, you may have tested the same patterns several times.

Another thing. When you said you did not consider AB=CD, did that mean as long as the convergence exists according to your definition (price difference<= x pips), you would consider it is as a valid pattern (extreme examle such as 50%CD/.382XA)?

Looking forward for your further results and improvement.