30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

I see good your patterns. On daily view I found that is more probable to be a 88.6XAD extension, because the small ABC retracement. I like more the resistance that is on 88.6XAD

cant post all day

Unfortunately I dont use MT4 so cannot try your software. I may get a demo at some stage to test your tool. :59:

When I said the pattern adn time-frame was just right, I was actually talking about NJ, not NU. Here is the NJ pattern. The wick of the green bar left your C point was chosen as C (and your C point was invalid as it was higher than the wick of the green bar). The convergence at 100%CD 1.18XA was 3.2 pips difference, with 1.27 it was 3.5 pips different).

For the EG pattern. Here is my draw. As the wick high of the green bar (my C point) was higher than your C point, it would be invalid for your C. The convergence is at 161.8%CD and 0.707 XA (divergence 0.7 pips). The retracement was huge but it was not really reached this PRZ unfortunately. The convergence at 200%CD and 0.886XA was 2.3 pips difference, not as good as the 161 and 0.707, but the retracement was good. Probably perfect patterns are not always there. :slight_smile:

About pattern and time-frame, for example, your GU 30m potential pattern (at an early stage) would be looks more symmetrical in a 4H chart or even in a daily chart if it will complete as predicted. but it was just my opinion.

NZDJPY seems to miss the target at PRZ. It did a 85pip retracement.

Iā€™m in AUDUSD, right now for a 6 pip win, but to early to know the result. Iā€™m still in risk because Iā€™m not moving to BE yet.

If there are patterns for pricesā€¦are there patterns for time??

I will try both:

Trade 1: Buy @ 1.3065, SL 65-100 pips, TP 65-100 pips (If price hits tonight)
Trade 2: [B]Sell @ 5:30PM EST on 3/12/2012 (17:28 EST)[/B], regardless of priceā€¦(SL 20, TP 50, Risk 10%)

Letā€™s seeā€¦

Happy Trading!!

Update: May need to adjust for Daylight Savings Time, so between 17:28 to 18:28ā€¦getting close (Trade 1 did not trigger)

Hi! I just finish testing the Harmonic Charter 0.6 with ā€œvirtual pendent ordersā€. Now you can place OCO orders :slight_smile:

Fixed some bugs, some problems with division by zero, added a new trailing method, that uses last swing high / low plus a spread to place the stops when that point is better than the BE.

I added also a indicator of correlated/inverse correlated pairs. At the left of the chart you can see all the pairs that you are trading. The white one is the current chartā€™s pair. The blue are the NON correlated pairs in M30. The red ones are the CORRELATED/INVERSE CORRELATED pairs, with a correlation of 75% or more.

Also placed some orders. On AUDJPY and AUDUSD they failed. On EURJPY they worked.

HarmonicCharter_Plus_Extras.zip (444 KB)

New possible gartley on AUDJPY, in the direction of the trend. Daily and Weekly trend in the same direction. 78.6XAD, 100AB=CD(price), 161.8BCD, Daily Support 2, Weekly Support 1, Round number 85.50.

Entry at 85.43, stop 85.12, TP 86.00

Two successful trades on CHFJPY and EURGBP

CHFJPY was a lot more successful. The entry was on a ā€œD formation timeā€, while the EURGBP was on a ā€œfalse breakout timeā€.

This is one of the failed trades I made and finish today

In this, I broke my own rules, placing a trade on correlated pairs (AUDJPY and AUDUSD), so I was double burned. Also, the entry point was on an incorrect point, because I placed only with daily support 1, on the 127.2XAD were more confluences with that 127.2XAD, Weekly support 1, 361.8BCD, 261.8AB=CD and also a fibo time series.

The lesson 1: look for the best confluence point, joining all (if possible) confluencings. If not possible, try to look at different time frame, or pass that pair and look at another pair.
The lesson 2: never trade two correlated pairs at the same time.

The next step: making more trades, to learn more and have better eyes to look for confluences. Also, add support for a type of OCO orders that cancel other orders on correlated pairs once a trade is placed active.

Possible bearish pattern (butterfly?) on EURUSD H1

C point is projected at fibo time series 2 and the daily pivot and 23.6XAD. If C completes on that point, then I project the D point to 127.2XAD, because at that point there is a confluence with 361.8BCD, 200AB=CD(price), round number 1.3350, weekly resistance 2, 314.1AB=CD(time), fibo time series 5, and a previous resistance. Letā€™s see what happens.

[

O](http://www.UploadScreenshot.com/image/823724/328512)ther possible bearish pattern (Bat) on NZDUSD (correlated with EURUSD) This one is displayed on H4.

The C point is defined, and is now moving to D point. I selected the D point because the weekly resistance 2, 88.6XAD (the right ratio for the 50XAB to form a BAT), 200BCD, 161.8AB=CD(price). A ā€œpartialā€ round number at 0.8425, and various tests of that level in the past, that couldnā€™t be broken (only X point was able to broke that level). In addition, the daily trend says that the pair is turning bearish, so I expect the D point not to broke above the X point, to mark a new lower high. The time formation at 100AB=CD(time) fits inside the ā€œd formation timeā€, but not on the fibo time series. The next fibo time series is the number five, and that point is almost the same as the EURUSD pattern.

GU 1H potential gartley. I am trading the CD leg at present.

Can you help us set it up on MT4? I find it very hard to use.

I found and fixed the memory leak in Harmonic Charter. It was on an external DLL called cfunctions. This is the updated version.

You only need to unzip on your experts folder and restart MT4.

HarmonicCharter_Plus_Extras.zip (729 KB)

Does it installed on your computer ok?

After it is installed (only uncompressing it on your experts folder), you need to enable the DLLs in the Options menu

Tools -> Options -> Expert Advisors -> Allow DLL Imports (checked) and Confirm DLL function calls (unchecked, only if you thrust the DLL issuer)

If you wish to use the visual trade system and the trailing stop system you must also enable Allow live trading and optionally disable the Ask Manual confirmation.

Then press OK
After that, insert the EA on one of your charts (I suggest you do this on a demo account until you learn to use it)

The zip has the full source code of the expert, the indicators, the libraries and other files :slight_smile: some of them are modified by me from other free and open sources, and the Harmonic Charter is full made by me, also a lot of functions on the common_functions file are made by me.

Possible butterfly on EURGBP on daily view. Previous support, 127.2XAD, pretty near the 150ABC extension, the Daily support 3, round number on 0.8200.

Hey medisoft,

First off I wanted to say congrats on the coding, I just took a look at it and it is well built. Is there any possibility you good give a little guide on how to set it up, Im getting some errors. I would like to be able to backtest 15 min patterns and adjust some of the parameters with SL & TP procedures.

The markets are looking not great for short term opportunities, at least that was the story today and yesterday. Im expecting to see some good patterns forming on year pairs soon.

Iā€™m planning to do a video tutorial. Today I helped my brother to install the expert and found common problems. Do you have sugestions about how to improve the trailing stop?

I just uploaded the video tutorial for Harmonic Charter

You can see it here:

How to install and use HarmonicCharter - YouTube

Sorry for my bad English, and for the sound fase shift, this is my first screen capture from a virtual machine hehehe.

While I was making the video tutorial I found a good small trade, that I take advantage on CHFJPY

This is the entry trade

and this one is the exit with 16 pip profit in only 10 minutes, pretty good :slight_smile:

Been terribly sick for the past 3 weeks, slowly getting better and looking forward to contributing to this great thread in the near future!

Raptor

Did you knew about this page? Harmonic Patterns | Gartley, Bat, Crab & more Patterns + Fibonacci Ratios for Forex Traders

There you can find stats about the relationship between ratios. I know you already know that when the BC retracement is short, like 0.382 to 0.5 the extension will be longer, up to 1.618 or more, and when the BC retracement is 0.786 or 0.886 the extension will be shorter, to 1.0 to 1.272.

But on that site you can find ratios, to better choose the D point.

I was studing the book ā€œTrade what you seeā€, that TMB recommended, for the AB=CD and Three Drives patterns.

I found that Harmonic Charter can be used to draw the Three Drives pattern :slight_smile:

And also found a working one, to bad that it has already finished.

I found a way to detect automatically the timezone of the system that is running Harmonic Charter.

I also added detector for the Three Drives (127.2 and 161.8)

And also, I used the statistical information found on the link I posted above to place a line that indicates the more frequent reversal point for each fibonacci combination for XAB and ABC. It shows which place for the BCD is the most frequent based on stats and that fibo levels. The theory is that if this line is confluent with XAD and other levels like pivots, it is the best point of reversal.

I cannot upload the file in baby pips anymore, because it is now 3mb length and the max size here is 2mb, so I place a link to that file.

Harmonic Charter v0.11