30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

You are right. I am starting looking for patterns on other timeframes to have same D for confirmation.

Today I only found one tradeable pattern on gbpchf. It finished with a marginal profit of 1 Pip.

Hey medisoft, for looking back for lower time frame confirmation, look at the EUR/USD I was trading yesterday, there is another smaller butterfly after the D completed, using the D for the next X, and the fall was a double whammy! Now, ironically looking at one on same pair on 4 Hr time frame, with D at 1.3163 ???

This strategy is quiet interesting. But for me itā€™s practically impossible to make 30pips every day. I like scalping and using scalping means that you can both take a lot or lose a lot:-(

I just made 30 pips early this morning on EUR/USD by selling at 1.31230, watched pattern form for the previous 24 hours, but it got there, now see if GBP/USD reaches the 1.59600ā€¦could be in next few minutes, or if price stays above B, a few hours, also EUR/JPY has a potential D at 106.700ā€¦one of my account went from 10,000 to 11,550 just this weekā€¦this works if you work for it!

NZDJPY 4Hā€¦ Price reacted at 88.6 XA convergence waiting for price action at 100 XA convergence

(Nice convergence by the way)

Would anyone take this trade?

Got that one on pending order, Stupip, also GPB/USD has similar convergence, but the X is tricky, because itā€™s the closest, or 2nd highest highā€¦D maybe at 1.5944ā€¦both pairs falling a bit right now from the next lower fib levels, but should retrace eventually to best convergenceā€¦THE D!

Edit: ok so later the euro came down below the B, so I redrew the CD extension and found D at 1.31725ā€¦moved entry to there and just made my 30 pips, plus the GBP/USD had moved higher, as wellā€¦moved entry to 1.5960, exited early at 17 pips, since this was kinda a bonus.

Yes i will take this anytime.

I am a Euro Trader and i am willing to trade given any good opportunity or signal like this one.

Howzit guys
I found and traded this gartley last night and made 30pips this morning (aussie Time)
Can someone please confirm this is a true gartley and my trade was not all luck lolā€¦ still new to this trading style.

cheers

I donā€™t think thatā€™s right. The price went below your A and C. I think you got lucky.

Thank you Newbaby for the visual trade summary :cool:

WOW! umā€¦yesterday I made 30 pips? how can I make 300 pips a day, like this?..also are those 0.5 std lots? I was demoing 4.0 standard lots for my 30 pipsā€¦$1200 PROFIT!

Elaborate please :slight_smile:

Hey TMB,

Now that you have been trading this style for many years, can you give us an updated view of what are and how you perceive fakeout times?

I have been trading many 4 hr patterns and I tend to ignore fakeout times as the span of these formations takes many hours.

Could you also give us a brief explanation of why you took each of the trades you took on the 12th. Are they are harmonic patterns or was there a lot more analysis involved.

I took a quick look at the EUR/JPY. I noticed very long term patterns ending around where you started going long, but there where multiple convergence points. Was all of your trades based around this 4 hour pattern completing and if so, why did you take short trades?

Somebody please educate meā€¦do these patterns work thru the weekend? Does gapping affect the D point if hasnā€™t yet been met at the market close at the start of the weekend? There is a bullish Gartley on the EUR/JPY, the buy D is at about 105.50ā€¦but it didnā€™t quite get there before the weekendā€¦will this D still work when the market opens here in about an hour?

I have seen that 4h or greater work thru the weekend

Wellā€¦that WAS a big gapā€¦and other majors,too!..but on some price came back up to gap, does that mean anything?..also,another question do pairs have more movement/trade better in their respective time markets? ā€¦i.e., the yen in tokyoā€™s session, Euro in Londonā€™s, etcā€¦? Or is just coincidence the EUR/JPY had better symmetry than EUR/USD, last Friday, before the close?

As some people says in the forum. There is no weekend gap, only brokers that does Not show the weekend moves in the price. Some one wrote that Oanda does show you the priceā€™s moves 24x7x365, and on their charts there are no weekend gap

Read the books and the forum. Hopefully will be able to help contribute.

Would like to thank everyone who has contributed up to this point, especially TMB.

There is no forex trade during the weekend. How can Oanda show the price move during that time? :slight_smile: