30 Pips A day Keeps the your money at bay

haha oh yeah at least we’re on the same page :smiley:

Did you enter on thsi trade? on the 30 min chart, it tested the 200 fib level 3 times! then shot wayyy up!

[QUOTE=elephant;371475]What I would like to see more of this thread is completed patterns. It would be very beneficial to those that are learning this method of trading. Here is one that occurred earlier today that I think is PERFECT.

QUOTE]

DAILY GJ and NU BATS with correct fib proportions.

I have a question for you guys. Do you guys only trade perfect patterns? I have seen results with incomplete patterns. Anyone else here with me?

au m30 bullish bat with 3 push 1.0157-67 . maybe a bounce from here up to 1.0230

I put a sell stop that i’m hoping will be triggered soon. Note that I don’t trade off the 30 min chart, 1h is the shortest TF I trade because I can’t dedicated 3-4 hours a day to sitting in front of the computer.
Still think it’s valid.

About the perfect trade idea, OK I actually discussed this with Jong the other day,
I personally am learning so I only trade trades that are … within the pattern restrictions. True, it leads to less trading opportunities but they are more solid so you have a higher win-loss ration (supposedly).

I’ve read a few different books and they distinguish between optimal trades and perfect trades, optimal trades for example have a wider range of numbers, then “Perfect” trades, such as the butterfly have exactly defined levels.

The last thing is that pattern trading is an Art and you are trying to get a feel for the numbers so if you feel comfortable with a pattern that isn’t optimal or perfect then by all means trade it, there are probably a bunch of harmonic patterns out there that havn’t been established yet.

gu H1 bullish bat 1.5475 -80

I enjoy your pattern but would like to see price touch and reject the most recent swing low between 1.0155/1.016 region that has been formed as the last two most recent swing lows and our weekly low (aka pivot). Price will most likely consolidate here for a brief moment and hopefully retrace upward for a ‘long’ move (pun intended). Unfortunately, the daily bias is Bearish which means this is a higher risk trade… fortunately, a tight SL can be used in this instance due to the strong resistance that lies ahead. If price breaks lower, there is a greater then not chance that it will continue toward the next major resistance of 1.007 (90 pips away).

Maybe it is best for newbies like me to play within the restriction zone. But I find it frustrating when the patterns don’t complete. Then, I have to scavenge for another "perfect patter."
Have you read the Scott Carney harmonic book?

Yeah i´m reading his level 1 book I recommend it if you havn´t read it, that´s where i learned about fib time levels and how to trade failed patterns. :47:

There is a cool crab on audusd, anyone trades it ?

I moved the C for both of my previus patterns (AUD/JPY and AUD/USD) to a higher point.

As you can see, both patterns reversed at 1.00 of each ABC Expansion for each pattern.

hi, nice harmonics there!
I have been trading gatleys, animals and other ABC patterns as a additional tools in my trading arsenal. I have heard about the 121 pattern, but couldnt find information about it. Anyone is actually trading it?

NZD / ISD long term perspective / predictions. (you can see some gartleys!

Daily chart

Hello Guys,

Sorry I have not posted in sometime. Been to busy trading patterns. Wish TMB would share some more info with us. Here is a play we are looking at for this evening that I think is a very good short. Notice how a Short Pattern goes into a 4 hr pattern after a sufficent bounce from the 4 hr pattern (>50%) we have another good short. Also note how the previous 1 hr pattern that completed also was a true D at 70.7/200 and that roughly the number of bars of CD was 2 times that of AB.

Good Luck

Never Mind, The gap kinda spoiled that trade.

Since that convergence point broke, I would look for longs until the 261. Right now Im long at 1.0220 target 1.0250 but will close out if 15 min closes past 1.0206

http://forums.babypips.com/forextown/21934-30-pips-day-keeps-your-money-bay-645.html#post371375

This pattern is almost complete!

The Euro/JPY on the daily just hit too.

Patterns everywhere today :slight_smile:
gl everyone!

EURUSD 30 min
I saw this pattern and when short on it. Little did I know the market would be this volatile. I overslept and missed my TP. It shot way up right after my TP. -________________________-